AbenaKofi

I129f September 2017 filers

2,863 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi! After much reading and research, we have sent off our I129f petition today.  Let's hope things go smoothly! 

NOA1: 9/8/2017

NOA2: 3/14/2018

NVC Case # Available: 3/26/2018

Case left NVC: 4/3/2018

Packet 3 Rec'd: 6/11/2018 

Interview: 6/26/2018 Approved! :thumbs:

POE: 7/13/2018

Marriage: 8/25/2018 

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 10/3/18

Biometrics: 10/30/18

Timeline

Thank you! Fiancé is optimistic but given the holidays, I'm trying to prepare for at least 5 months until NOA2. I'm planning a trip there for Christmas, so at least we'll keep busy planning that while we wait. 😊

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
17 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

Best of luck to all new filers :) Currently it takes at least 4 months to receive the NOA2 for I-129F.

One of the useful tools that the US petitioner should sign up for is the USPS Informed Delivery: https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action. By signing up, USPS will e-mail you a daily scan of your letter sized incoming mails for the day. This way, you'll know if you have a USCIS or NVC letter coming your way first thing in the morning before they get delivered :) 

Always, always use the latest edition forms downloaded from USCIS: https://www.uscis.gov/forms.

USCIS current fee schedule: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/our-fees.

For those who are yet to file, FYI, current I-129F filing fee is $535 and must be drawn from a US based institution (banks, USPS etc). Also, G-325A is NO longer needed so you do not need to submit any for both the petitioner and beneficiary.

Update your VJ timeline so that others could answer your queries more appropriately. VJ has its own records of processing times based on members' timeline updates. However, please be reminded that VJ members only make up a small percentage of the petition/visa application population received by USCIS/NVC/local embassies.

It is good to keep yourself posted to have a rough idea as to how long it currently takes for USCIS to adjudicate and approve a petition but the best thing you can do for yourself is to never ever compare your timeline with others. I mean, unless of course you don't wanna stay sane and you wanna be depressed and frustrated instead. Your waiting time can be better spent to educate yourself of the subsequent AOS + EAD + AP stage as well as the requirements of maintaining your presence in the US while pending or holding a US green card.

Thanks for the information! I expect to file by end of this month. The K1 guide still references the 325-a , how does that get updated so as not to confuse members?

N400 filed: Aug 16 2016

N400 approved: Oct 16 2017 (14 months!)

K1 for fiance filed: Oct 19 2017

36 minutes ago, N400fiasco said:

Thanks for the information! I expect to file by end of this month. The K1 guide still references the 325-a , how does that get updated so as not to confuse members?

I think only the mods can update the guides section on here :) Also, the forms linked on the guides section are older edition forms. So definitely download the latest edition from USCIS website as linked above.

46 minutes ago, AbenaKofi said:

Thank you! Fiancé is optimistic but given the holidays, I'm trying to prepare for at least 5 months until NOA2. I'm planning a trip there for Christmas, so at least we'll keep busy planning that while we wait. 😊

Yeah it's good to give things some buffer :) I hope you have a wonderful holidays with your fiance.

Edited by KULtoATL

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jeffreyyu said:

hope we all done with this thing within 6months

Haha! From your mouth to God's ears! 

Yes, we've already decided that we'll wait until NOA1 and after that we'll think about something else or plan our next visit together to pass the time.  I'm not too worried about approval here but experiences in Ghana seem to be hit-or-miss.  No sense worrying about that for another 5 months, though :).  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
20 minutes ago, AbenaKofi said:

Haha! From your mouth to God's ears! 

Yes, we've already decided that we'll wait until NOA1 and after that we'll think about something else or plan our next visit together to pass the time.  I'm not too worried about approval here but experiences in Ghana seem to be hit-or-miss.  No sense worrying about that for another 5 months, though :).  

Just take your time an put all the evidence you have to prove the relationship together screen shots, call logs,  greetings card etc you will be fine regardless of which embassy Lol as a same sex couple i was worried that our case would be more difficult but after doing some research i don't think we'll be at a disadvantage so we all need to stop worrying Lol 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello September filers!!

We have just sent ours off to Lewisville today, it should be there tomorrow! I'm so excited and a bit nervous, not going to lie!!

Any other September filers from England out there?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

I sent off the paperwork on August 29th, and it was supposedly picked up from the PO Box in Dallas on September 4th... but nada so far.

I want my NAO1 already! Then I'll know that the 4-5 month wait has begun, and I can stop checking everything constantly!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, kaleya said:

I want my NAO1 already! Then I'll know that the 4-5 month wait has begun, and I can stop checking everything constantly!

Same boat! Ours should arrive at the PO Box today, then once we get NOA1 we'll try and get on with our lives 😏

Timeline
7 hours ago, NicolaBolton87 said:

Hello September filers!!

We have just sent ours off to Lewisville today, it should be there tomorrow! I'm so excited and a bit nervous, not going to lie!!

Any other September filers from England out there?

Welcome to the September filers  club lol :jest:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Received our NAO1 today! It's such a small step, but it made me happy.

Mailed forms (with 2-day USPS shipping): Aug 30
Receipt of petition (according to USCIS site): Sept 5

Email and text alert of NAO1: Sept 8

Timeline
8 hours ago, kaleya said:

Received our NAO1 today! It's such a small step, but it made me happy.

Mailed forms (with 2-day USPS shipping): Aug 30
Receipt of petition (according to USCIS site): Sept 5

Email and text alert of NAO1: Sept 8

Great...... Another baby step in this long journey..  I just took  a look at September 2016 filers things really pick up in that month most people got approved within a month!! !  so they you might just get noa2 a few weeks from now lol 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.