4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 hours ago, streanor said:

Hi everyone, I'm wondering does anyone have any experience visiting the US while in the process without a letter from employer or lease agreement?

I'm self-employed and living with my parents. I have an ESTA and can prove that I have my own running business with supporting documents. I could perhaps show a contract of work that commences when I return from the US and I will of course have a return ticket. Do you think this will suffice? 

I had thought I would wait it out without visiting (and he's already visited me twice since our process began) but with the wait looking longer and longer and his 30th birthday coming up and I really want to be with him for it!

I appreciate your thoughts on this, thanks :-)

I've visited recently and they didnt give me a hard time. ..was just normal. Had documentation but like the others said, they didnt ask for anything. All the best! :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi August filers, how you all hanging in there? We got our Noa1 on Aug 30th, trying to wait patiently. We've all seen the expected noa2 date pushed months back and it's very disconcerting, but is there any chance they might speed things up (back from holidays, June having fewer i129fs filed. ..)? Could we see those March dates back up into Feb? Trying to stay optimistic here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm trying to be optimistic.  Each day I start out optimistic and then I read this forum and I feel my hopes are crushed.  It's horrible.  There isn't much choice but to keep putting one foot in front of the other, though.  I'm so happy to be going through this because I would rather be going through this and have this particular person in my life than have it easier and have some other person in my life.  We are uniquely suited to one another (IMHO).  Plus, he is just plain my silly best friend!   So, we wait and enjoy the time we have chatting and spending quality time with one another every day even if all we can do is talk.  I'm happy that I am not (unofficially) part of his family and my family can't wait to meet him.  There is so much to be hopeful for!  If we are not going to be allowed to live together in the USA (and there is no reason we won't), I will go to live with him.  All of this is because I love a person, not because of USCIS or NVC.  I just want to be with Waseem!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
28 minutes ago, streanor said:

For the first time EVER my VJ estimated timeline when back one day instead of forward. It's a mini miracle!!!

Not going to get too optimistic yet but it's a little victory I'm enjoying right now :D

Mine went back 2 days. 28th to 26

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I have a question I'm hoping you all can help me out with. My fiancée is from Thailand. Can she get a tourist visa to come visit me and my family during the K1 process? Or should I not risk it and have her wait? Thank you!

Edited by Wibblet

7 minutes ago, Wibblet said:

I have a question I'm hoping you all can help me out with. My fiancée is from Thailand. Can she get a tourist visa to come visit me and my family during the K1 process? Or should I not risk it and have her wait? Thank you!

She can apply, but it's pretty rare to obtain a tourist visa during the process. She would need to be able to show strong ties to return home, which is difficult when you are mid-process of planning to immigrate to the US.

If somebody already had one, using it to visit during the process is not uncommon.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Hey guys! There are 2 July cases approved already! Not expedited. :jest: I'm just so happy that they somehow slowly starting July this week. I really hope they'll finish May and June quickly. I feel so sad for those people who were skipped and them not updating their website and apps online is frustrating, ridiculous and mean! They (USCIS) shouldn't torture people like that. I hope that they'll start to put things in order for everybody who are still waiting.  

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
49 minutes ago, NICK & PAULA said:

Hey guys! There are 2 July cases approved already! Not expedited. :jest: I'm just so happy that they somehow slowly starting July this week. I really hope they'll finish May and June quickly. I feel so sad for those people who were skipped and them not updating their website and apps online is frustrating, ridiculous and mean! They (USCIS) shouldn't torture people like that. I hope that they'll start to put things in order for everybody who are still waiting.  

:DOMG thank you so much for such a good news. Like even Siberian winter is not that cold anymore. 

47 minutes ago, SAD2017 said:

:DOMG thank you so much for such a good news. Like even Siberian winter is not that cold anymore. 

I'm all smiles here at my work (humming a song even) Geez! I just can't believe waiting for noa2 took a toll on me these past few months. Been depressed, angry, frustrated, no appetite, been crying a lot - but as my everdearest Nick always tells me "Be happy because we're almost there". He is the positive one between us. Lol! And of course, thanks a lot to VJ family for keeping me sane. I really hope that USCIS will start to kick up and will do send approvals quickly to everyone who are waiting at this point. Good luck to all of us! :wub:

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
46 minutes ago, NICK & PAULA said:

I'm all smiles here at my work (humming a song even) Geez! I just can't believe waiting for noa2 took a toll on me these past few months. Been depressed, angry, frustrated, no appetite, been crying a lot - but as my everdearest Nick always tells me "Be happy because we're almost there". He is the positive one between us. Lol! And of course, thanks a lot to VJ family for keeping me sane. I really hope that USCIS will start to kick up and will do send approvals quickly to everyone who are waiting at this point. Good luck to all of us! :wub:

Guess all that we have is right now)) and right now is not that bad😁I would even say it's pretty nice. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
21 hours ago, Taden said:

I've visited recently and they didnt give me a hard time. ..was just normal. Had documentation but like the others said, they didnt ask for anything. All the best! :) 

I am planning to visit my fiancé in US next month. I believe that I will have no problem to enter in US as many people did.However I am wondering what should I say at immigration when I enter? Should I just honestly tell them my purpose is to visit my fiancé ? Or, just tell them like sightseeing or something? It would be very helpful if someone give me advice! Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Welp, I have officially moved my wedding date from July 28 to September 29th. Save the dates are going out this week. Thankfully the venue didn't charge us anything and I hadn't booked anything else yet. I have to say, I feel so relieved and now I'm excited to finally plan my wedding. I refuse to imagine a world where we get POE after Sept. 29 so I'm hoping for the best. 

NOA1 was Aug. 24. Day 139. I miss when I thought we'd have NOA2 no later than day 170... is that even happening for anyone anymore?

Edited by turkishdelight

05-04-2018: Married :jest:

AOS/EAD:

05-07-2018: Packet mailed via USPS

05-10-2018: Official NOA1 date

05-17-2018: NOA1 email/text

05-22-2018: NOA1 letter received

06-01-2018: RFE issued

06-13-2018: RFE received in the mail

06-25-2018: Response to RFE sent

06-27-2018: Response to RFE arrived at USCIS

07-07-2018: Change in online status: RFE response received 

07-10-2018: Biometrics (went before appointment & to a different office)

07-12-2018: AOS case status updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview”

09-29-2018: EAD case status updated to "New card is being produced"

09-30-2018: EAD case status updated to "Case was approved"

10-01-2018: EAD case status updated to "Card was mailed to me"

10-05-2018: EAD card received in the mail

10-12-2018: SSN card received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
27 minutes ago, turkishdelight said:

Welp, I have officially moved my wedding date from July 28 to September 29th. Save the dates are going out this week. Thankfully the venue didn't charge us anything and I hadn't booked anything else yet. I have to say, I feel so relieved and now I'm excited to finally plan my wedding. I refuse to imagine a world where we get POE after Sept. 29 so I'm hoping for the best. 

NOA1 was Aug. 24. Day 139. I miss when I thought we'd have NOA2 no later than day 170... is that even happening for anyone anymore?

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm thinking the same too. 

I'm on Day 154 and I was all set to be chasing up USCIS by day 160... Now even day 180 won't warrant any response from them. It's intolerable to think about. Given that on original submission, NOA2 would've been at the end of December I was always (well, until December itself) expecting approval at the end of December/mid-January. Which would mean I could possibly have POE during March. Now I can't even expect NOA2 until early March itself. It's causing  me so much strain and pressure to think about, and how unfair it all is. It's horrible feeling powerless and having very little room to officially complain. All we can do is keep hoping this process speeds up, especially at the USCIS to NVC stage as that part is horrific right now. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.