BVGApeach

July 2017 I-129F Filers

6,727 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Kaetaa said:

Our expedite was denied. Here is the letter that they sent our representative.

Stay strong, everyone.

Screenshot_2018-01-09-00-14-59-999_cn.wps.moffice_eng.png

Wow. This is appalling. There's nothing to even recognise that they are now working far beyond an expected or reasonably fair processing period.

If I may ask, what reasoning did you provide for expediting? I'm curious if they're even being hard-lined on loss of income cases at this stage.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Just now, CaptainAmerica said:

Wow. This is appalling. There's nothing to even recognise that they are now working far beyond an expected or reasonably fair processing period.

If I may ask, what reasoning did you provide for expediting? I'm curious if they're even being hard-lined on loss of in

They have made us lose a considerable amount of money... she quit her job earlier because  she thought she would be here soon, and we have moved places thinking we only had a month or 2 left. But fiancee is abused by her family physically and mentally in her home country, and the police consider stuff like that a "family matter" so they don't do anything to help her.

My representative asked for an expedite on humanitarian reasons, and we provided pictures (of bruises etc.), written statement, amongst other things. Still just a flat denied.

14 minutes ago, Kaetaa said:

They have made us lose a considerable amount of money... she quit her job earlier because  she thought she would be here soon, and we have moved places thinking we only had a month or 2 left. But fiancee is abused by her family physically and mentally in her home country, and the police consider stuff like that a "family matter" so they don't do anything to help her.

My representative asked for an expedite on humanitarian reasons, and we provided pictures (of bruises etc.), written statement, amongst other things. Still just a flat denied.

With all due respect, they did not cause you to lose money.  You acted without having the proper information.  The first thing I was told on this site, even when the timeline was at 3 months, was that you NEVER plan anything until you have VOH.  There are so many places to get delayed.  I have seen people lose thousands on deposits for weddings and airline tickets.  It is sad.

I feel sorry for her and understand your desire for an expedite.  Unfortunately, humanitarian reason only play during large natural disasters.  Even Puerto Rico had denials.  Active military deployment and natural disasters are the most common approved expedites.  Family matters are family matters and that would generally not even get a second look.

I pray that all works out for both of you quickly.  I wish you the very best.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kaetaa said:

Our expedite was denied. Here is the letter that they sent our representative.

Stay strong, everyone.

Screenshot_2018-01-09-00-14-59-999_cn.wps.moffice_eng.png

Ha. Except we all know they aren't adjudicated in date receipt order. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to their method.

Our K1 Journey
I-129f Received: July 17, 2017
NOA1: July 20, 2017
NOA2: February 2, 2018 (200 days from NOA1)

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg*I left my heart in Brazil* (L)

2 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Even Puerto Rico had denials.

Just out of curiosity, why does someone in PR need a K1 to come to America? 

Mailed I-129F from Romania: 06/29/2017 

NOA1: 07/17/2017

NOA2: 02/03/2018 (paper) ; 02/05/2018 (updated online) 

NVC RECEIVED: 02/15/2018 

NVC CASE # ASSIGNED: 02/20/2018

REC'D AT EMBASSY: 02/21/2018

MEDICAL: 02/26/2018

INTERVIEW: 03/07/2018 (APPROVED!)

VISA ON HAND: 03/12/2018

POE (BOSTON): 04/18/2018

MARRIED: 04/26/2018 

AOS MAILED: 05/11/2018

NOA1: 05/14/2018

BIOMETRICS: 06/15/2018

EAD/AP APPROVED: 12/14/2018

INTERVIEW: 04/04/2019 - Approved! :D

7 minutes ago, BVGApeach said:

Just out of curiosity, why does someone in PR need a K1 to come to America? 

It was the citizen of a third party nation living and working in PR.  They tried an expedite for humanitarian reasons and it was denied.  It makes no sense at all.  The last true humanitarian reason I've heard of was the earthquake in the Philippines in the 90s.  Even natural disasters are not common for expedites.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

My receipt date is 31st of July on USCIS website but i obviously received the NOA1 (hard copy) on the 2nd of august.. does this make me a july or aug filer?

03/01/2019 - USCIS Chicago lockbox received case  for AOS/EAD/AP

03/21/2019 - NOA1 received hard copy via post (Notice date 03/14/2019)

1 minute ago, Tea_pgtips said:

My receipt date is 31st of July on USCIS website but i obviously received the NOA1 (hard copy) on the 2nd of august.. does this make me a july or aug filer?

July 31st Noa1.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
11 hours ago, John & Rose said:

It is now day 216 and my petition has not even been assigned yet.  Please stay positive but realize that this is not a quick process.  There are still a handful of May filers in day 230 to 240.  There are 120 virgins waiting on my date.  

You’ll have your NOA2 within a week.

49 minutes ago, Chicagoseal said:

You’ll have your NOA2 within a week.

Thank you. I really hope so. Rose and I talked about timelines again and I really don’t see us together before late May. I think I will have to plan another short trip and not be there for the interview or to bring them home. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Thank you. I really hope so. Rose and I talked about timelines again and I really don’t see us together before late May. I think I will have to plan another short trip and not be there for the interview or to bring them home. 

I think about your case every time I login here and wish so much for you to get your arrival as soon as possible. Hoping it's in mail right now :D

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F Sent: 08/15/2017

NOA1: 08/18/2017

NOA2: 02/20/2018 (186 days)

NOA2 Hardcopy Sent: 02/24/2018

USCIS sent to NVC: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/07/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/16/2018

Embassy Received: 03/19/2018

Medical Exam: 03/21/2018

Interview at Stockholm Embassy: 04/12/2018 -- Approved!!

Visa Issued: 04/16/2018

Visa Received: 04/25/2018

POE: 04/27/2018

Married: 05/1/2018

AOS + AP + EAD:
Package Sent: 05/08/2018

NOA1: 05/15/2018

Biometrics: 06/4/2018

EAD/AP Card Being Produced: 9/28/18 (143 days)
EAD/AP Received: 10/4/18

AOS Interview: 09/26/19 (499 days from NOA1) Accepted!
GC Received: 10/16/19

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, Tea_pgtips said:

My notice date is 6 july but they received case on 3rd july .. so

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.