BVGApeach

July 2017 I-129F Filers

6,727 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
26 minutes ago, ash29w said:

Hey everyone!  I was thinking about visiting my fiancé for a few weeks as this is taking soooo long and to finalise some of our wedding plans. I just wanted to know if anybody had any trouble getting into the US or if they even asked any questions about the K1 being processed? 

My fiancé visited me last month and was scarcely asked a thing beyond what he was coming to the U.S. for, and he certainly wasn't asked to produce any of the documents we'd prepared for him to be carrying as proof that he intended to return to Australia.  You should be fine!  (And a visit helps pass a big chunk of time in a pleasant way while we wait...)

That said, I recommend having all those documents with you, anyway.  Tiger brought: a letter from me stating he was visiting me for the holidays, a copy of his lease renewal, a copy of his car registration renewal, and a letter from his employer stating that he still had a position to return to.

Edited by Van & Tiger

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, ash29w said:

Hey everyone!  I was thinking about visiting my fiancé for a few weeks as this is taking soooo long and to finalise some of our wedding plans. I just wanted to know if anybody had any trouble getting into the US or if they even asked any questions about the K1 being processed? 

Same thing with me as the previous person wrote, I went in November and they scarcely asked me any questions! “Why are you travelling to the US? How long are you here for?” I only said I was on vacation and my return date. However, I have been to the US 5 times in the past two years on vacation to visit my fiancé, so I guess I have a good record and it makes it easier. But the K1 visa definitely didn’t make any difference! Good luck! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline
2 hours ago, marinapoli said:

Same thing with me as the previous person wrote, I went in November and they scarcely asked me any questions! “Why are you travelling to the US? How long are you here for?” I only said I was on vacation and my return date. However, I have been to the US 5 times in the past two years on vacation to visit my fiancé, so I guess I have a good record and it makes it easier. But the K1 visa definitely didn’t make any difference! Good luck! 

So can my fiance apply of tourist visa to visit me in United States? and would that affect the Fiance Application. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Rangu!! said:

So can my fiance apply of tourist visa to visit me in United States? and would that affect the Fiance Application. 

It is possible. Refer to this pinned post in the K1 forum: 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Amit&Julie said:

It is possible. Refer to this pinned post in the K1 forum: 

Thanks!! Defiantly going to look into that more. It's probably going to take another 6 more months before we will get the NOA2. 

Just now, Jaquelly said:

It isn't going to take six months for July filers to get NOA2. 

Stay positive!!!  Happy Birthday.  Hopefully you get a nice special gift from USCIS.  The first non-expedited June approval was from a June 22 filer.  Anything is possible.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

6 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Stay positive!!!  Happy Birthday.  Hopefully you get a nice special gift from USCIS.  The first non-expedited June approval was from a June 22 filer.  Anything is possible.

Hi John! Thank you for your kind words. I know it'll be an initial six months, but I don't think I'll have to wait until July 2018.

Maybe for the whole process, but not for my second notice. Right?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

anyone else stupidly book a wedding already!?:lol::lol: 
I think i already mentioned on this group that we received NOA1 in july 2017 and booked our wedding for July 2018....obviously not thinking it would take this long! We were optimistic for a while but we've now decided that if we don't receive NOA2 by Mid-February we will postpone our venue until July 2019 and have a very small courthouse wedding this year! (hopefully still in the summer at some point)

Originally i thought having a courthouse wedding first would be the end of the world but i'm actually coming to terns with having our small wedding now :) luckily our venue is so nice and will let us postpone our date!! 

2 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

Hi John! Thank you for your kind words. I know it'll be an initial six months, but I don't think I'll have to wait until July 2018.

Maybe for the whole process, but not for my second notice. Right?

I am honestly hoping that USCIS starts sending files on a weekly basis instead of every 6 to 8 weeks.  That alone will cut over a month off the entire process!  I'm a June 6 filer and I anticipate a June POE.  I pray it is quicker but according to Tier II, they haven't even assigned our petition yet.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

6 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I am honestly hoping that USCIS starts sending files on a weekly basis instead of every 6 to 8 weeks.  That alone will cut over a month off the entire process!  I'm a June 6 filer and I anticipate a June POE.  I pray it is quicker but according to Tier II, they haven't even assigned our petition yet.  

I'm honestly hoping it will happen for all of us sooner. I still don't think I will wait past March for our NOA 2. 

I feel like this drive thru I'm in line in currently takes longer than USCIS.

3 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

I'm honestly hoping it will happen for all of us sooner. I still don't think I will wait past March for our NOA 2. 

I feel like this drive thru I'm in line in currently takes longer than USCIS.

I really hope they fix that one issue.  If USCIS simply sends the files weekly it will have a huge impact.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jaquelly said:

It isn't going to take six months for July filers to get NOA2. 

For some of us it's already more then 6 months...

I'm July 7th, today 187 days ... 

Since we reached the 180 days untill now we are quite relax about it,  waiting for this NOA2 to come... but I'm pretty sure that the stress it will come back once it starts getting over the 200 days...

I will try to enjoy our 13 days left that we have... LOL

Just now, P&R2017 said:

For some of us it's already more then 6 months...

I'm July 7th, today 187 days ... 

Since we reached the 180 days untill now we are quite relax about it,  waiting for this NOA2 to come... but I'm pretty sure that the stress it will come back once it starts getting over the 200 days...

I will try to enjoy our 13 days left that we have... LOL

I meant that from THIS month (January) it will not take an additional six months to get the NOA2. 

That much I think we're all clear on.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

I meant that from THIS month (January) it will not take an additional six months to get the NOA2. 

That much I think we're all clear on.

Sorry my bad... 

Nooo we are sure we will not have more 6 months in this process... It's insane if it will happen so...

unfortunately for some cases probably it will take longer then that... but its back on that every case os different...

but lets hope that starting next week of week after we will get some real moviments in July filers... 

Edited by P&R2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.