Penguin_ie

Trump's future immigration policies- speculation MEGATHREAD

1,208 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
18 minutes ago, David&Femke said:

18 minutes ago, David&Femke said:

Even though you are completely right, in most cases. ( for refugees going back is not an option) For a lot of other people that means leaving there husband and children behind. And that is still a choice, but that is a very mathematical way of looking at a human problem. And it couses hard break.

It is a big country, almost every famely in america was a some point an immegrant. And yes these familys cost mony in healthcare and such, but the equally also bring mony in to the country.
Just because somone has the right to do something does not make it right, ( we dont stop caring for or star evicting  US citesens elders)

I find it difficult to be sympathetic to be honest, especially in the case of someone choosing to pursue a relationship with an American or work in America when they have strong family ties they'd like to keep back home.  I love my husband's parents and he has never lived more than 15 minutes away from them his whole life or even been on a plane until he met me, but here we are in America and there they are in Denmark.  I don't see what is so hard about this.  The same with my own father, he met an American, married her and moved to America...rarely to return and he certainly didn't sponsor his parents or siblings to come.  As a result, two of them went to Australia, and one found an American to marry and came here as well.  I'm just not getting that people think their non-nuclear family has a right to be here (besides legally at the moment).  

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

I find it difficult to be sympathetic to be honest, especially in the case of someone choosing to pursue a relationship with an American or work in America when they have strong family ties they'd like to keep back home.  I love my husband's parents and he has never lived more than 15 minutes away from them his whole life or even been on a plane until he met me, but here we are in America and there they are in Denmark.  I don't see what is so hard about this.  The same with my own father, he met an American, married her and moved to America...rarely to return and he certainly didn't sponsor his parents or siblings to come.  As a result, two of them went to Australia, and one found an American to marry and came here as well.  I'm just not getting that people think their non-nuclear family has a right to be here (besides legally at the moment).  

I totally agree with this. And it was the same thing for me, I had never been on a plane ever in my life before I met my american husband. I've always been very close to my family in Sweden, geographically (always lived 5 minutes away at most) as well as emotionally or what to call it. 

They're in Sweden and I'm in the US and everything's just fine. I most certainly won't bring any family member here even though I of course miss them. The situation is very good the way it is, it's really not hard at all.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Every situation and circumstance is unique. 

While I love and miss my family since moving to Qatar 3 years ago, being with my husband is far more important to me. And as much as I'm ready and wanting to move back to the states, I will stay with my husband until the immigration process is complete. 

People make the choice to marry a different nationality and they make the choice to move (sometimes across to world) to a different country and different culture... so they should expect that their life will change and they will have to cope with being away from their families. 

We are incredibly lucky that we have such amazing technology these days and can easily Skype/FaceTime anytime we want with friends and family-- it makes the distance a bit easier to handle. 

Doha, Qatar

Met: 2011

Married: August 2014, Doha, Qatar

Filed I-130: August 25, 2016
NOA1: August 30, 2016
I-130 Approved (NOA2): March 17, 2017

NVC Scan Date: May 25, 2017

NVC Case Complete: July 17, 2017

Received P4 Letter: August 3, 2017

Interview Date: September 19, 2017

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Mountain Climber said:

Why is it unfair?  You can always go back to your country and live with your parents if you are concerned.  You made the decision to come here.

No one forced you to come here.

When the law in effect at the time someone get's married allows that they may later sponsor their parents to immigrate, that may play a part in the decision of whether that person actually want's to get married and come here or not. I doubt my wife would have moved here if there wasn't the opportunity to do that. So when that law is changed, somewhat arbitrarily, the point that is valid. 

People who came here a few years earlier than Roel had the chance for their parents to come here. By definition, that is unfair. And as someone else said that is life. If people on the whole don't like the policies of this administration, there is always the chance to do something about it in 4 years. 

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Roel said:

Well, if I could I'd go back to live in my country. I never had this big "american dream" and never wanted to move here. My husband is the only reason why I'm here and I know he can't just drop everything and move with me to the other country. Trust me, I don't think US is that amazing. :P But since I first came here I was planning to have my parents with me and I've talked with them a lot about it. So yeah, having that option potentially taken away is not very fair. Trump talked a lot about fighting the illegal immigrants, but not it just looks like he doesn't give a about people who wants to come here legally. You'd expect more from someone who married an immigrant, really.

Right.  I'm beginning to believe my husband would prefer to go back to his country.  He only came here for me as well.  He was doing just fine in JA.  It's beautiful there and we both miss it.  Every country has its issues.  trump misled people alot.  His supporters don't seem to care or they don't want to admit it.  

I can see why trump is on his third marriage.  As a person who married 2 immigrants and has four children with immigrant mothers you would think he would be a bit more tolerant and accepting of others.

I read a document Melania's lawyer submitted and it stated that she adjusted status to LPR (and eventually obtained citizenship) by sponsoring herself from a work visa.  Is that even possible?  That is my next item of research. 

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, LionessDeon said:

Right.  I'm beginning to believe my husband would prefer to go back to his country.  He only came here for me as well.  He was doing just fine in JA.  It's beautiful there and we both miss it.  Every country has its issues.  trump misled people alot.  His supporters don't seem to care or they don't want to admit it.  

I can see why trump is on his third marriage.  As a person who married 2 immigrants and has four children with immigrant mothers you would think he would be a bit more tolerant and accepting of others.

I read a document Melania's lawyer submitted and it stated that she adjusted status to LPR (and eventually obtained citizenship) by sponsoring herself from a work visa.  Is that even possible?  That is my next item of research. 

If she's had an O1 then yes I believe it's possible.  But there are overwhelming accusations that she did indeed work illegally.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
7 minutes ago, LionessDeon said:

Yeah I find it super obnoxious that he's trying to change anything about legal immigration considering she probably worked here illegally, is entirely unskilled and was allowed to obtain citizenship. She should be sent back. 

Removal of Conditions

08/14/2019: I-751 mailed
08/20/2019: I-751 delivered to Phoenix
08/26/2019: Check cashed 
08/29/2019: 18 month extension letter received 
01/08/2019: Biometrics completed

Naturalization

07/29/2020: N-400 submitted online

12/21/2020: Interview date

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Transborderwife said:

If she's had an O1 then yes I believe it's possible.  But there are overwhelming accusations that she did indeed work illegally.

I believe the statement said she was on a H-1B visa.  I see if I can find that lawyers statement again.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 minute ago, LionessDeon said:

I believe the statement said she was on a H-1B visa.  I see if I can find that lawyers statement again.

pretty sure the statement was posted on her twitter at one point, if i'm not mistaken...

Removal of Conditions

08/14/2019: I-751 mailed
08/20/2019: I-751 delivered to Phoenix
08/26/2019: Check cashed 
08/29/2019: 18 month extension letter received 
01/08/2019: Biometrics completed

Naturalization

07/29/2020: N-400 submitted online

12/21/2020: Interview date

Timeline
1 minute ago, LionessDeon said:

Yes I think that I saw that too.

i wouldn't want to see her punished, we likely never will get the truth.  However some transparency would indeed be nice.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, LionessDeon said:

CsUV0kNWIAALxdD.jpg

Some older members may know if there were changes in self sponsorship or not back then.  

Going further down the rabbit hole, her legal name was Melanija Knavs...I wonder if she has any visas.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Chain immigration can be a huge thing.  Joseph is now a USC and could currently petition all his siblings. ( 21 of them )  and their spouses and minor children.  At the moment that would mean one person could bring over 100 people simply due to sharing a parent or two.  The ones that are highly educated could come on their own ( a doctor , an engineer )  which would be more reasonable and less taxing on everyone.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
17 minutes ago, LionessDeon said:

I must say it does not suprize me that much, in my oppinion he shows a lot of sighns of a narssesistic personalety disorder ( with is not uncommen under cuttroath bussnis man/woman) one of the main sighns is not beeing able o emphaphize or even regonize the simmelarety in that situation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.