MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Sarac9 said:

I am really curious, what is your occupation? What visa did you apply for? From where (i am ssuming Islamabad)? What is your name?  When did you have your interview? And when did you receive the ds? Share your experience please.

These are unfair questions. No one should answer such personal questions on this open forum!! I hope we are respectful of each other privacy! 

12 hours ago, Sarac9 said:

That was exactly my point. You misunderstand the reason behind why i asked those questions. 

At the same time, if anyone wants to share then they should have every right because this is a support group. But making judgements without any evidence or knowledge is unreasonable and just cruel. We are here to give each other hope and most importantly share our struggle so we feel comfort in the fact that this sh*** isnt just happening to me alone but there are in fact thousands out there who are in a similar if not a worse position. People who've been separated from their family members far longer...We should pray for each other and continue to give each other hope. And celebrate when one of us succeeds. 

Well done! All love and respect. This has been very difficult journey for all of us! Let us support each other. In this day I pray for all of us to be unite with our loved ones!

1 hour ago, paki-guy said:

I did  ask many personal questions in order to asses your case and go into the bottom of it. You gave me the permission. It was your choice to answers those questions. If you did not like the questions, then simply didn't answer here. I know how the system works in D.C. Your wait time is very long. My intension was not to hurt your feelings.

I hope good things happen to you and all others (haters) here.

In the reply you said to me you have too many red flag.when i asked you about red flag and you do not have any answer.. this means that  you are presenting people  By answering youtself.. which is very cruel... 

Edited by Manooo

On 3/15/2019 at 10:43 AM, paki-guy said:

I did  ask many personal questions in order to asses your case and go into the bottom of it. You gave me the permission. It was your choice to answers those questions. If you did not like the questions, then simply didn't answer here. I know how the system works in D.C. Your wait time is very long. My intension was not to hurt your feelings.

I hope good things happen to you and all others (haters) 

We don't hate you, we are just calling out your BS. You may be the most generous and compassionate person in real life and if you are be empathetic to others here too. Instead of passing on a sentence on someone's case even if they volunteer info, please be nice and dont pass such harsh judgment. People come to this forum to seek emotional support. This process has made me and my fiance very depressed. We know it may take a few more months... but it doesnt mean we can't hope for a sooner result. And this forum is my outlet because i know there are others who are in the same boat and some even longer.

9 minutes ago, yousef5 said:

Hey Sarac since u said u can  estimate how long it will take fr the administration process,  how about ppl who affected the travel ban 

Oh i definitely can't estimate..lol and i dont think i said that.

It's case by case.. 

I have seen people get visa after 3 months to up until 16 months. Let's hope for sooner.

32 minutes ago, yousef5 said:

My wife’s case is under the presidential proclamation so I lost my hope long time ago she’s waiting November 2017 until now. So no hope.

She is from one of the banned countries? I've heard you can file for an appeal, it may take longer but it can work. They have no right to keep family members apart. I recommend you talk to your lawyer if you have one or, local representative. If they can't help then reach out ACLU. There is always a way. I know of one couple on VJ whose spouse was also from banned country (iran) and they appealed and approved. I also know if your wife can relocate to another nation which is not banned then she can come through that enbassy as long as she is there legal..or as a refugee. I know of a lot of Yemenis who did that...not on this forum but people i know where i live. 

Edited by Sarac9

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My lives in Cairo egypt but she’s original from Somalia two months ago we file waiver my lawyer took $2000 just to request waiver so right now she told me to give them six months to approve to be honest very tired of this visa.  I’m very tire mentally and  physically sometimes I even cry my self I’m scared to have depression 

4 hours ago, yousef5 said:

My lives in Cairo egypt but she’s original from Somalia two months ago we file waiver my lawyer took $2000 just to request waiver so right now she told me to give them six months to approve to be honest very tired of this visa.  I’m very tire mentally and  physically sometimes I even cry my self I’m scared to have depression 

I see. That is a very tough situation. Just be patient, i know it's tough..trust me i know... but keep yourself distracted and busy in work. Almost all of us on this forum are going through the same thing. We've been separated from our fiance, husband, wife, children, parents for a long time.

How long has it been since your lawyer filed the waiver?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.