MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, yousef5 said:

We did the waiver beginning of February 

So just wait inshallah, it will be fine.

It's been over two years for us. And longer than that being in a long distance relationship.

First time we filed our  petiton in February 2017, we were denied because of a lawyer's mistake. Second time in October 2017, we applied, we waited 7 months before our petiton was approved then three months before it reached the correct embassy..my fiance was a UK resident but moved back to Pakistan..so it took a while to transfer the case, then we scheduled the interview in June 2018 but he was refused to be interviewed because apparently his physical file had not reached the embassy even though it had reached according to NVC. Then finally rescheduled the interview on july 31st 2018. They issued a 221g because they wanted a joint sponsor even though i make enough.. we fulfilled that requirement then issued us the DS form. And it's been 7 and a half months since his interview and over two years since we started this whole thing.... 

It sucks but hope and belief keep us going. I just went and saw my fiance after more tha. A year ..this refueled our hope and it has made our relationship much stronger. Everything went wrong but there is a reason. And i believe that our time will come. I am muslim and i believe in Allah's decision is the best and His timing is the best.

Edited by Sarac9

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sarac9 said:

It's been over two years for us. And longer than that being in a long distance relationship.

First time we filed our  petiton in February 2017, we were denied because of a lawyer's mistake. Second time in October 2017, we applied, we waited 7 months before our petiton was approved then three months before it reached the correct embassy..my fiance was a UK resident but moved back to Pakistan..so it took a while to transfer the case, then we scheduled the interview in June 2018 but he was refused to be interviewed because apparently his physical file had not reached the embassy even though it had reached according to NVC. Then finally rescheduled the interview on july 31st 2018. They issued a 221g because they wanted a joint sponsor even though i make enough.. we fulfilled that requirement then issued us the DS form. And it's been 7 and a half months since his interview and over two years since we started this whole thing.... 

It sucks but hope and belief keep us going. I just went and saw my fiance after more tha. A year ..this refueled our hope and it has made our relationship much stronger. Everything went wrong but there is a reason. And i believe that our time will come. I am muslim and i believe in Allah's decision is the best and His timing is the best.

We also filed in February 2017...  It is incredibly difficult.  I admire your good spirits.  Sometimes we are full of faith sometimes we are utterly depressed...depends on the day.   

How many updates have you had?  Did you involve the senators or local congressman?  

We were getting lots of updates but the last two months have only updated because of an inquiry from us or our Senator.

It will be a year this May since I took Shahada in Dubai during Ramadan.  I was hopeful my husband would be home with me this Ramadan.   I know InshallaAllah it will all work out in the end but in the now it sucks!

1 hour ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

We also filed in February 2017...  It is incredibly difficult.  I admire your good spirits.  Sometimes we are full of faith sometimes we are utterly depressed...depends on the day.   

How many updates have you had?  Did you involve the senators or local congressman?  

We were getting lots of updates but the last two months have only updated because of an inquiry from us or our Senator.

It will be a year this May since I took Shahada in Dubai during Ramadan.  I was hopeful my husband would be home with me this Ramadan.   I know InshallaAllah it will all work out in the end but in the now it sucks!

I am sorry to hear that... 

You are lucky! Haven'thad any updates since DS.. unless i inquire through the senator every 60 days..

I really hope and pray that you are United with your husband permanently soon! 

19 hours ago, Sarac9 said:

Oh i definitely can't estimate..lol and i dont think i said that.

It's case by case.. 

I have seen people get visa after 3 months to up until 16 months. Let's hope for sooner.

Good day to you.I came across this forum not quite long and it has been helpful.Please I need information and advise about my case,I had my B1/B2 US visa interview in January 23,2019 at US embassy in Nigeria.I am going for a conference in DC,April 2019.According to the VO my interview was Ok,at the end of my interview I was given a yellow 221g administrative processing form and asked by VO to check my mail for additional information.The next day I got a mail from the USconsular with attached form DS5535 Supplemental information to be filled and email back.

DS 5535 form submitted 24th January, 2019,since then no updates on my profile.my conference date is fast approaching please what is your advice.

I am Nigeria citizen and a Muslim.

Hello,

My wife has been in AP for 13 months now since her interview at Islamabad embassy. We would like to plan a trip but she needs her passport. Has anyone requested the passport back from the embassy before? How do you do that? Should I call them or email them? Which email should I use? Also, how long does it take to receive the passport back? Would it delay her case in anyway shape or form? 

Umar

35 minutes ago, Umar - NVC ISB said:

Hello,

My wife has been in AP for 13 months now since her interview at Islamabad embassy. We would like to plan a trip but she needs her passport. Has anyone requested the passport back from the embassy before? How do you do that? Should I call them or email them? Which email should I use? Also, how long does it take to receive the passport back? Would it delay her case in anyway shape or form? 

Umar

The act of requesting your passport back will not effect ur administrative processing. You can contact the embassy via inquiry and ask for it. They will ask you which location they should send it. And you will continue to be in AP. But one thing to keep in mind that they do check ur travel history so if your wife travels she will probably need to update her queastionnaire. 

Edited by Rosepetal3333

12 hours ago, ysf said:

Good day to you.I came across this forum not quite long and it has been helpful.Please I need information and advise about my case,I had my B1/B2 US visa interview in January 23,2019 at US embassy in Nigeria.I am going for a conference in DC,April 2019.According to the VO my interview was Ok,at the end of my interview I was given a yellow 221g administrative processing form and asked by VO to check my mail for additional information.The next day I got a mail from the USconsular with attached form DS5535 Supplemental information to be filled and email back.

DS 5535 form submitted 24th January, 2019,since then no updates on my profile.my conference date is fast approaching please what is your advice.

I am Nigeria citizen and a Muslim.

Unfortunately there is no certain time frame for how long administrative processing will last but if there is someone from the conference committee who can vouch for you saying that it is absolutely necessary for you to be present at the conference then it might help them to adjudicate your case sooner (but that is a very very long shot since us embassies are autonomous ) 

50 minutes ago, Sarac9 said:

Unfortunately there is no certain time frame for how long administrative processing will last but if there is someone from the conference committee who can vouch for you saying that it is absolutely necessary for you to be present at the conference then it might help them to adjudicate your case sooner (but that is a very very long shot since us embassies are autonomous ) 

Thanks for your contribution

1 hour ago, Mel.sa said:

Hello,

I am already in the AP and submit the DS -5535 since April 2018.

I already traveled in October to Europe, do I have to updates my DS form and send it or inform the embassy about it?

No because it doesn't say anywhere as a guideline that you have to update it. They will already know through their background checks. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
On 3/18/2019 at 10:57 PM, Sarac9 said:

Sorry to pry..but would there have been anything wrong if your fiancé had the interview in the UK?

im in a similar situation but I had my interview in Italy instead of Nigeria but we got married in Italy in 2017 and had my interview December last year and was handed the 221g for administrative process 

would it have been different if I had the interview in Nigeria?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.