MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Fatima el orra said:

My interview was on aug 01.2018

Almost 7 months on ap with ds5535

Feb10 the embassy called me to renew medical exams nd police record..nd send by aramex with my passport...

Feb15th sent these

Feb19th delivered to embassy

Today march 05 issue

Hope gd luck to evryone cz i know how hard is to wait...

Honestly i am so happy for you. May allah make it easier for you and your husband the rest of this journey. 

Did you fill out the ds form on your own or with the help from a lawyer? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sarac9 said:

Honestly i am so happy for you. May allah make it easier for you and your husband the rest of this journey. 

Did you fill out the ds form on your own or with the help from a lawyer? 

With my husband.dnt need a lawyer to fill it.nd thx wish gd luck to evryone...nd wish this nightmare finish soon9

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

For the first time in last 6 months, i-e: after submitting ds-5535 through email, we got a case update on its own. I used to inquire after every month or so and the case got updated but i stopped getting response from embassy. Now, on 5-Mar case got updated on its own. Strange thing is that we 5 family members are in AP but case of only my father has been updated, none of the others are updated. Embassy asked for ds-5535 of my father only in last September. Is this a good sign or what? 

I’ve been waiting for close to 80 days now (2.5 months) without any updates to my case status. I am on a H1B visa and am worried that my employer will not keep my job beyond a period of time. Does no updates on case status beyond when the DS5535 information was submitted mean that folks in DC have not even starting reviewing the case? 

7 hours ago, Salman94 said:

For the first time in last 6 months, i-e: after submitting ds-5535 through email, we got a case update on its own. I used to inquire after every month or so and the case got updated but i stopped getting response from embassy. Now, on 5-Mar case got updated on its own. Strange thing is that we 5 family members are in AP but case of only my father has been updated, none of the others are updated. Embassy asked for ds-5535 of my father only in last September. Is this a good sign or what? 

•  

That is a good sign. It's even better when the date keeps updating soon after that. Let us know what happens! Good luck!

5 minutes ago, paki-guy said:

You have to wait at least 9 months, so better start looking for another job. They are still working on your case but, nothing found yet anything to report ( update). 

Yeah I am starting to give up hope on going back to my current job with this visa after reading all these threads. Do you know if they process non-immigrant work visas faster than others since these are filed by employers not individuals. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 3/4/2019 at 2:03 PM, MZe said:

The day embassy responds to the senator, your update date will change. I would say easiest way is to keep an eye on your case and wait for the date to change and then give them a call a day later. 

Hi MZe any update on your parents case? We contacted the senator for Texas last friday and are waiting till Monday to call and inquire for my father in law's case. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
6 hours ago, Mel.sa said:

Congratulations :D, what was your visa type?

and what did they ask you for the medical exams? (blood test only?)

Cr1....they ask to new medical.all the exams again even x ray...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sooo.. when my husband filled out the form DS5535 a few days ago, he sent it to the same email address it came from. The e-mail reads "Dear Mr. ---------,

Please fill out the attached form and send it back to us for processing.

Please, do not scan the form .Please type your answers and keep the form in its Word format."

He sent it to CasaAdminProcess@state.gov

The e-mail also has another e-mail address listed. IVCasablanca@state.gov

Can someone please tell me which one he was supposed to send it to???

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, ashcashbananas said:

Sooo.. when my husband filled out the form DS5535 a few days ago, he sent it to the same email address it came from. The e-mail reads "Dear Mr. ---------,

Please, do not scan the form .Please type your answers and keep the form in its Word format."

Yes, I sent mine to the ivcasablanca one. So don't wait any longer and send it to that email address now!

Good luck!

~~~

1 hour ago, ashcashbananas said:

We had sent ours to CasaAdminProcess@state.gov 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.