MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Rosepetal3333 said:

Hi All, I was looking at the 221G refusal sheet again and I noticed that on the top there were two tick marks, the top one was for 212 ineligiblity and the second one was for administrative processing. The third tick mark was for passport pictures. Does anyone have the same scenario as me where the 212 box was also ticked. I have no idea why they would do that.....

Mine is also just administrative processing checked nothing else 

9 hours ago, Rosepetal3333 said:

Hi All, I was looking at the 221G refusal sheet again and I noticed that on the top there were two tick marks, the top one was for 212 ineligiblity and the second one was for administrative processing. The third tick mark was for passport pictures. Does anyone have the same scenario as me where the 212 box was also ticked. I have no idea why they would do that.....

Did you submit the passport photo? You should if it was ticked. 

Our 221g originally asked for joint sponsor and supporting documents then after submission they sent us the ds form via email. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sarac9 said:

What is the processing time for ds for Islamabad???? Anyone? Solely based on this forum and other social media groups? 

It seems its about  a year or more.  In a facebook group i'm in a pakistani who interviewed in Saudi Arabia received a ds5535 they just requested his passport to complete the visa after 4 months in AP.  He's a k-1 visa.  So its not the ds5535 but the country.  Pakistan and Morocco being the longest.   I've seen other countries processed in 4 months and 6 months in the past few months...

6 hours ago, Sarac9 said:

What is the processing time for ds for Islamabad???? Anyone? Solely based on this forum and other social media groups? 

It seems like to be anywhere between 18 months to 2 years for Islamabad embassy from what I have analyzed on here and facebook groups. 

Edited by Rosepetal3333

4 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

It seems its about  a year or more.  In a facebook group i'm in a pakistani who interviewed in Saudi Arabia received a ds5535 they just requested his passport to complete the visa after 4 months in AP.  He's a k-1 visa.  So its not the ds5535 but the country.  Pakistan and Morocco being the longest.   I've seen other countries processed in 4 months and 6 months in the past few months...

Hi my husband had his interview in Saudi Arabia two months ago. He is one of the Islamabad, since his interview no update in his case. I have heard so many people saying that he may take more than a year. Is it depend in the country You interviewed in or the  process itself take longer?  

I had my interview  on Dec 6, 2017 for B1. Its on administrative processing and there was no update ever since. I am originally from Kazakhstan, but study in South Korea. Every single time i send them email, they reply with the same text saying 'all you can do is to wait'. It's quite annoying cause im not even sure should i reapply again. What should i do? is there any point of reapplying? how convince them that i simply wanna go to the States as a tourist? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

My GOD! hi there. I'm Sudanese but Saudi resident. My US citizen husband filed for CR1 8th of Aug, 2016.

I had my interview in Khartoum, Sudan. 18th of Dec, 2017. Haven't heard a thing from anyone to date!

We have cntacted the congressman, the senator and some really powerful person in the senator and got nothing. Hired a lawyer last week and I've no idea if it might help getting my case off the rut.

People need to share their good news for us to live with some hope 😭😭

Praying for all of us! 

3 hours ago, Roor.M said:

My GOD! hi there. I'm Sudanese but Saudi resident. My US citizen husband filed for CR1 8th of Aug, 2016.

I had my interview in Khartoum, Sudan. 18th of Dec, 2017. Haven't heard a thing from anyone to date!

We have cntacted the congressman, the senator and some really powerful person in the senator and got nothing. Hired a lawyer last week and I've no idea if it might help getting my case off the rut.

Praying for all of us! 

You inquired through the senator? Still didn't hear anything or did the embassy reply and say that your case is still pending? 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Sarac9 said:

You inquired through the senator? Still didn't hear anything or did the embassy reply and say that your case is still pending? 

Yeah! We got a reply every time BUT it was useless. The senator was supposed to help move or locate where my papers are in the states but haven't heard anything about that issue...so moved on and hired a lawyer.

30 minutes ago, Roor.M said:

Yeah! We got a reply every time BUT it was useless. The senator was supposed to help move or locate where my papers are in the states but haven't heard anything about that issue...so moved on and hired a lawyer.

What has the lawyer recommend? Does he have a plan of action? From my understanding, no one can speed up or expedite cases in AP. I would be interested to know what your lawyer plans to do. 

9 hours ago, Roor.M said:

Praying for all of us! 

My prayers with you. This is quit unusual for Sudanese cases which tend to resolve faster. I think the complications came from you Saudi residency. I wish you best of luck. Just be patient! 

My wife had her interview in Morocco in December 2017, we are also waiting for her visa. It is hard, but nothing can be done at this point!

Timeline
4 hours ago, Umar - NVC ISB said:

NOTHING. She sent an inquiry to try and find out where is my case stuck exactly at which agency. She said it could be lost....or at least some documents are. Which is not unusual!

4 hours ago, TangierMorocco said:

I hope we all get it before May ♡!

2 hours ago, paki-guy said:

Yes. I know and understand the process. We actually went o the embassy twice to check with them if it's by mistake or what's up. We shall wait.

7 hours ago, Roor.M said:

The lawyer won't be able to do anything. Just confirm with the embassy that they ve received your response ds. But hopefully you should hear very soon.  I am praying for you and you too @TangierMorocco

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.