MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Hello, I’ve never posted here before.

We’ve been in administrative processing for five months. Last Wednesday I sent them an email in the ustraveldocs. They responded that our case has been “escalated to the post”

Im not sure if it’s good news or not. Still waiting to hear from the embassy.

8 minutes ago, Mushulatubbe said:

Hello, I’ve never posted here before.

We’ve been in administrative processing for five months. Last Wednesday I sent them an email in the ustraveldocs. They responded that our case has been “escalated to the post”

Im not sure if it’s good news or not. Still waiting to hear from the embassy.

It just means that a counselor officer will respond to your email. Next time use the immigrant visa inquiry email which goes directly to them.

1 minute ago, Sarac9 said:

It just means that a counselor officer will respond to your email. Next time use the immigrant visa inquiry email which goes directly to them.

Thank you so much. 

On 3/21/2019 at 3:27 PM, IknBarbie said:

Sorry to pry..but would there have been anything wrong if your fiancé had the interview in the UK?

im in a similar situation but I had my interview in Italy instead of Nigeria but we got married in Italy in 2017 and had my interview December last year and was handed the 221g for administrative process 

would it have been different if I had the interview in Nigeria?

I think it really depends... 

Let's continue to hope for the best. 

Timeline
On 3/19/2019 at 12:33 PM, ysf said:

Good day to you.I came across this forum not quite long and it has been helpful.Please I need information and advise about my case,I had my B1/B2 US visa interview in January 23,2019 at US embassy in Nigeria.I am going for a conference in DC,April 2019.According to the VO my interview was Ok,at the end of my interview I was given a yellow 221g administrative processing form and asked by VO to check my mail for additional information.The next day I got a mail from the USconsular with attached form DS5535 Supplemental information to be filled and email back.

DS 5535 form submitted 24th January, 2019,since then no updates on my profile.my conference date is fast approaching please what is your advice.

I am Nigeria citizen and a Muslim.

I'm sorry to tell you that chances are very slim. I've missed my fully funded visit to a meetup at stanford university this march due to 221g. 0 updates have been given since interview date. This really sucks, i hope you won't miss yours aswell but be prepared for the worst.. emotionally.

Timeline
On 3/20/2019 at 1:42 AM, Sarac9 said:

Unfortunately there is no certain time frame for how long administrative processing will last but if there is someone from the conference committee who can vouch for you saying that it is absolutely necessary for you to be present at the conference then it might help them to adjudicate your case sooner (but that is a very very long shot since us embassies are autonomous ) 

This is absolutely a waste of time. No one can escalte the f*cking process. The more you try, the more time it will take. The whole point of 221g is to f*uck with people's emotions and minds. Screw that background check garbage excuse. You don't need 6 months to check someone's bg. let alone 1 or more years.

Some of the VOs are understanding and kind while others are simple-minded bitches who give a visa for people they shouldn't and put people who have a very valid reason to deserve it on hold.

It all depends on your luck with these VOs. Screw their corrupted process, go live your life and be happy!

Edited by joedib6

Hello all, 

I'm an Italian citizen living in Italy, I applied for an immigrant visa early December 2018 at the Naples consulate and was given DS-5535, which I returned on 7th February 2019. Does anyone have any experience with the Naples consulate? Any idea how long it can take to receive my visa from there?

On 3/25/2019 at 7:42 PM, paki-guy said:

Yes, one member got visa from Kabul.

You will get some good news sometime in August 2019.

I hope:)

thanks a lot for your hopefull comment 

Has anyone you know filed for writ of mandamus? I am considering it since we have been waiting for 15 months now and know people who have been waiting for 20 months too.

I know someone who has filed with this attorney recently https://hackinglawpractice.com/blog/the-great-writ-of-mandamus-and-how-it-can-help-speed-up-your-immigration-case/

And this attorney claims to have gotten approvals for people who are waiting on ds5535 approvals. 

On 3/25/2019 at 12:26 PM, Rosepetal3333 said:

Hello my dear folks from Islamabad Embassy. How long does it take ur case to update or get a reply when an inquiry from ur senator or congressman has been sent.

Senator's office have their own processing time to contact the embassy. Once they send out the inquiry it takes about 1 to 2 weeks for embassy to resopnd. 

18 minutes ago, Visajourneyguy said:

Has anyone you know filed for writ of mandamus? I am considering it since we have been waiting for 15 months now and know people who have been waiting for 20 months too.

I know someone who has filed with this attorney recently https://hackinglawpractice.com/blog/the-great-writ-of-mandamus-and-how-it-can-help-speed-up-your-immigration-case/

And this attorney claims to have gotten approvals for people who are waiting on ds5535 approvals. 

I have not but considering it. We have been in AP for 14 months now. I heard attorney fees are very high to file WOM and I'm afraid if it will get denied. Do you know how much this lawyer is asking? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Umar - NVC ISB said:

I have not but considering it. We have been in AP for 14 months now. I heard attorney fees are very high to file WOM and I'm afraid if it will get denied. Do you know how much this lawyer is asking? 

Don't hire a lawyer. Absolutely NO ONE can reach for your case once it gets sent to Washington. He might get a reply or two but that won't speed things up. Save your money and message them yourself. You have the right to curse the f*uck out of them after 14 months to get their asses moving and finish processing your case.

16 minutes ago, joedib6 said:

Don't hire a lawyer. Absolutely NO ONE can reach for your case once it gets sent to Washington. He might get a reply or two but that won't speed things up. Save your money and message them yourself. You have the right to curse the f*uck out of them after 14 months to get their asses moving and finish processing your case.

Omg i love your energy lol 

Preach!!

37 minutes ago, joedib6 said:

I was talking about "Writ of Mandamous". You basically file a law suit against the government to make a decision within 60 days. But it could be approved or denied within 60 days. Most people who file say that it works and they got approved. 

Edited by Umar - NVC ISB

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.