MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarac9 said:

You send it back to the embassy. Above is correct. And there is usally a confirmation email. @SaRy is correct 

@SaRy is correct? or @Visajourneyguy is correct? We sent it back to the email address that sent us the DS5535, which was the CasaAdminProcess@state.gov

But, we didn't receive a confirmation email.

I'll try to send it to the IVCasablanca@state.gov one now.

Thanks everyone.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 hours ago, ashcashbananas said:

@SaRy is correct? or @Visajourneyguy is correct? We sent it back to the email address that sent us the DS5535, which was the CasaAdminProcess@state.gov

Thanks everyone.

I sent it to IVCasablanca and I did get a confirmation email.

~~~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi everyone, update on our case.

Second interview done on Feb 25,2019. Exactly 1 year and 5 days the second interview. Yes it was a Stokes, I was sent into a little cubicle away from my husband. I had 2 different women come in and talk to me. The first one was very pleasant and pretty much wrote down the time frame of our relationship and marriage. Very nice. The second one was a whole lot more ruder. In fact she flat out called me a liar saying that it was a visa fraud he was wanting. I was like really? Why would he want to scam me when in 3 years he will be a citizen in Spain? Um doesn't make sense does? Anyways we conversed for over an hour.

Still no result, last update was 2 days after the second interview. If a NOIR/NOID is issued, I'm really for battle. Next step will be immigration court and have them decide.

Keep us in your prayers. This has been a LONG case :(

Married: 09/01/02016

I-130 sent: 11/21/2016

NOA1 received: 11/25/2016

NOA1 hard copy: 11/30/2016

NOA2 hard copy: 09/21/2017

NVC received: 10/01/2017

DS-261 completed: 10/06/2017

AOS paid: 10/11/2017

IV fee paid: 10/20/2017

DS-260 completed: 10/25/2017

AOS/IV mailed: 10/26/2017

AOS/IV received: 10/31/2017

CC12/06/2017

Interview: 02/20/2018   AP:(

2nd Interview: 02/25/2019 (It was a STOKES!! I think I surprised them because I all ready had a trip planned over there to see him!!!)

Visa in hand! 08/12/2019

Arrived in US: 10/10/2019

10 year green card: 11/08/2019

Timeline
1 hour ago, SaRy said:

Hey guys, I sent it to both. And I didn’t receive a confirmation email but I called the NVC and they confirmed the consulate received my forms. But I need to see if I can have a written confirmation. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, tiyyo said:

Hi everyone, update on our case.

Second interview done on Feb 25,2019. Exactly 1 year and 5 days the second interview. Yes it was a Stokes, I was sent into a little cubicle away from my husband. I had 2 different women come in and talk to me. The first one was very pleasant and pretty much wrote down the time frame of our relationship and marriage. Very nice. The second one was a whole lot more ruder. In fact she flat out called me a liar saying that it was a visa fraud he was wanting. I was like really? Why would he want to scam me when in 3 years he will be a citizen in Spain? Um doesn't make sense does? Anyways we conversed for over an hour.

Still no result, last update was 2 days after the second interview. If a NOIR/NOID is issued, I'm really for battle. Next step will be immigration court and have them decide.

Keep us in your prayers. This has been a LONG case :(

Praying for you guys! I feel like a lawsuit is the only way😩

7 hours ago, ashcashbananas said:

Thanks everyone.

@SaRy is correct. It has to be sent back to the embassy.  Sorry about ghr confusion. The embassy sends it to Washington. Good luck.

Timeline
4 hours ago, SaRy said:

can you please tell me what your confirmation email said & how long after you sent the ds5535 in did you receive the confirmation email?

9 minutes ago, ashcashbananas said:

can you please tell me what your confirmation email said & how long after you sent the ds5535 in did you receive the confirmation email?

I got it right away after submission 

Dear applicant,

The inbox is specifically intended for visa applicants who have been asked to provide additional information by the Islamabad IV unit.

If you were not asked to provide information to IslamabadIVInquiry@state.gov, your response will not be processed.

If you were not asked to send your information through this email, or have further questions, contact us at https://pk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-inquiries/.

Thank you,
Immigrant Visa Unit Consular Section,
U.S. Embassy, Islamabad

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
9 hours ago, ashcashbananas said:

It just thanked me for submitting the form and that they'd let me know when the AP is complete. And I got a reply back the same day.

~~~

Hi All, I was looking at the 221G refusal sheet again and I noticed that on the top there were two tick marks, the top one was for 212 ineligiblity and the second one was for administrative processing. The third tick mark was for passport pictures. Does anyone have the same scenario as me where the 212 box was also ticked. I have no idea why they would do that.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Rosepetal3333 said:

Hi All, I was looking at the 221G refusal sheet again and I noticed that on the top there were two tick marks, the top one was for 212 ineligiblity and the second one was for administrative processing. The third tick mark was for passport pictures. Does anyone have the same scenario as me where the 212 box was also ticked. I have no idea why they would do that.....

Ours just the 221g refused for administrative processing is checked...And to contact every two months regarding our case.   Nothing else checked off or written.

Edited by Ahmed&Freda

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.