MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, AMMORAH said:

My son's case updated yesterday to READY what does that mean?

his interview was 10 JAN 2018 and still AP till yesterday 

Did he get the DS5535 questionnaire? and what category is his visa?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Just now, Malik786 said:

Is it advisable that my wife adds me in her tax return, even though I have never been in the United States

Would highly advise to consult an accountant rather than use this forum for legal tax advice

1 hour ago, paki-guy said:

Yes, it is a very good idea. Following information for your wife.

Fill out W-7 for your husband and e-mail to him or he can go to IRS.gov and fill out himself if he is computer friendly. He will print it out and sign it and take it to nearest US consulate or Embassy for notarization. US consulate or embassy will do it free for him but he needs to make an appointment and asking for Notarization service.Tell him to send you the original back to you USA Then you mail this completed W-7 from to IRS address listed on the form. Make sure he writes your US mailing address. You  will receive ITN number  in mail with in 2 weeks of mailing W-7. There are two advantage of doing this. You will get more money (refund) Married filling jointly and its good proof that your marriage is legitimate.  

We asked two tax filers in the states about my ITIN they say that we have to have proof identication either passport or I.d card for America and tax returns

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 hours ago, Malik786 said:

We asked two tax filers in the states about my ITIN they say that we have to have proof identication either passport or I.d card for America and tax returns

Or you can file Married filing Separately write NRA in the social security area for the non resident spouse.   Although the standard deduction is less this way it's a bit less complicated and you can always amend later.   Its highly advised to file Married as you are in fact married.  

Hello All,

I have been interviewed for B1/B2 visa on 14 Feb-19 and the CO she said you will receive an email and then just reply the mail and submit the passport to collection center but when i received the mail i had to submit DS5535 form i filled the form and then i got a call from US consulate that please sign the last page and scan and send to us again i also informed that lady that i have been asked to submit my passport by CO  after replying the mail but she said no you dont have to once we would have any decision we will let you know then you will submit your passport but since then i am waiting for my case when i check the status it says on AP....so guys any idea of being put of AP and filling out the this DS5535??

On 2/17/2019 at 5:08 PM, AP2018 said:

Did he hve to fill ds5355?

Yes, they emailed him the form a few days before his first interview date, and he submitted it on his interview day.

On 2/14/2019 at 5:10 PM, MO&RA said:

Congratulations. Thanks for sharing the good news :) 

On 2/14/2019 at 1:56 PM, Rosepetal3333 said:

Congratulations! Im really happy for you! I can understand the painful wait. Wishing you a blessed life ahead. It will only get easier from here IA. 

Thanks! I pray that everyone waiting gets their visas issued soon.

12 minutes ago, paki-guy said:

Did you send DS-5535 via e-mail?

Which form they asked you to signed & scanned ( last page)?

Seems like you are in famous AP. You will get visa by May 2020, until then go back to your routine life and stop planning / shopping for US trip.

Yeah I have received through email and they asked me to sign page 3 which I signed and sent them back although your reply seems very demotivated anyhow hope for the best still positive.

Just now, paki-guy said:

Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Good luck.

Yeah absolutely but I just wanted to know that anyone who has been in the very same situation and what happens in these cases I know they ask everyone to wait for at least 60 days before asking any update but what are the chances of getting visa is it normal to wait for so long ?? 

Timeline

Yes waiting long has become a norm. Every case is different. There is no defined trend here. I have seen people get visa within weeks, months and sometimes years after being told to go thru extreme vetting. AP without ds 5535 can take anywhere from 60 to 180 days but with ds 5535 there are no defined timelines. 

Timeline

And paki guy inst wrong. You can always hope for the best but make no plans on quitting job, selling home, yadda yadda till you hear back from the embassy. AP will end one day for everyone Insha Allah, but there are no defined timelines to depend on. 

Edited by MZe

1 minute ago, MZe said:

And paki guy inst wrong. You can always hope for the best but make no plans on quitting job, selling home, yadda yadda till you hear back from the embassy. AP will end one day for everyone Insha Allah, but there are no defined timelines to depend on. 

For sure let’s keep hope for the best nothing else we can do but this is what I have heard don’t know either true or not that if you apply from gulf countries it does end somewhere before  60 days. But obviously no plans at all yet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.