MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, msa1234 said:

do you know anyone, with DS5535, who recently had a shorter wait time - like around 2 months or less?

I've only seen two sets of parents (fathers received ds5535) get their visas from Pakistan in about 2 months.  Other countries i've seen get the visa in about 4 months.  Pakistan and Morocco seem to have a longer processing time.  This time last year Pakistan had about 6-8 month processing time unfortunately it seems to be getting longer and longer.   

33 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

I've only seen two sets of parents (fathers received ds5535) get their visas from Pakistan in about 2 months.  Other countries i've seen get the visa in about 4 months.  Pakistan and Morocco seem to have a longer processing time.  This time last year Pakistan had about 6-8 month processing time unfortunately it seems to be getting longer and longer.   

Yeah from Pakistan it’s taking longer I have seen here in Jeddah even the Pakistani nationals have the same processing time which is 60 days 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

even for parents from pakistan it seems to be taking time. My father in law has been in AP for over a year now. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, paki-guy said:

In future don't send anything like you did with DS-5535 on the same day ( Interview day). Always give at least 2 days gap. Because they always update your case whenever they receive anything from you.  This is kind a proof for your peace of mind that they received your DS-5535.

Anyway you have to wait until January 2021 for visa.

Sorry for giving you this bad news Bro... 

Hi Paki-Guy,

My father in law's interview was on february 14, 2018 under the ir5 category. we submitted the DS-5535 with the same week as it was received 2 days after his interview. Our case did not require any further information from our end and now its been over a year that he's been in AP. Any guess based on your experience if he should be getting the visa soon?

In future don't send anything like you did with DS-5535 on the same day ( Interview day). Always give at least 2 days gap. Because they always update your case whenever they receive anything from you.  This is kind a proof for your peace of mind that they received your DS-5535.

Bro paki guy I need to know one thing is it a longer wait for all the catagary or just for the cases going for immigration and other catagary as well because my case is for b1/b2?? And what about the cases applied from gulf countries because my case is from Jeddah.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Don't scare me. I know time varies from case to case. Just wish me luck. Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, samimgt said:

Don't scare me. I know time varies from case to case. Just wish me luck. Thanks

inshallah may Allah speed up everyone's cases. Each case is different. Continue praying you will get it :)

On 6/21/2018 at 3:12 AM, ajsingh said:

Hello,

I have been following this discussion and see most of the people who filled up 5535 are gettin visa approval between 8 to 12months...please let me know if that understanding is correct.

Also how many people here are waiting beyond one year after submitting 5535.... does anyone know that?

thanks and best wishes to all

@ajsingh did you get your H1B eventually? I am in the same boat with my H1B after 9 years of studying and working in the US. I have been waiting 3 months now. I am still paying rent in nyc and keeping my job beyond a certain period of time will be impossible. Let me know if you got the visa or did anything that helped your case!!! 

On 7/8/2018 at 5:38 PM, AJ_Singh said:

Sorry to know you are in this stressful situation..I am in same boat....came to India for family emergency and  went for h1b renewal, was asked to fill up 5535  and waiting since 3.5 months with no updates.....had to vacate my US apartment and give away car.

worst part my employer not letting me work from india so ...don't know how long can I survive

looks like average wait time is 1 year for 5535 approvals.

@AJ_Singh did you get your H1B eventually? How long did you wait. I’m in the same boat (2nd H1B and it’s been 3 months). 

Hi everyone, i had my ir1 immigration interview on 18th jan,2018 in mumbai consulate, India. Got 221g along with a questionnaire (ds5535).submitted on 5th feb, 2018. Its been 13 months in APi am waiting in india. My wife and my 2 babies are US citizens. We are following this forum from last 1 year. I have no idea whats going on. I get regular updates and also post inquiry date updates but the same generic reply. May we have sabr and indeed hazbunallahi wa nemal wakeel. I hope this nightmare ends one day. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Siham20 said:

Hi everyone, i had my ir1 immigration interview on 18th jan,2018 in mumbai consulate, India. Got 221g along with a questionnaire (ds5535).submitted on 5th feb, 2018. Its been 13 months in APi am waiting in india. My wife and my 2 babies are US citizens. We are following this forum from last 1 year. I have no idea whats going on. I get regular updates and also post inquiry date updates but the same generic reply. May we have sabr and indeed hazbunallahi wa nemal wakeel. I hope this nightmare ends one day. 

Insha’Allah you will hear something soon and this journey end for everyone 

Met: 10/15/2015

Married: 04/30/2017

I-130 Sent: 10/13/2017

NOA1: 10/18/2017

NOA2: 06/02/2018

NVC: 07/06/2018

NVC CC: 08/17/2018

On 3/2/2019 at 9:29 AM, H1B-DS5535 said:

@ajsingh did you get your H1B eventually? I am in the same boat with my H1B after 9 years of studying and working in the US. I have been waiting 3 months now. I am still paying rent in nyc and keeping my job beyond a certain period of time will be impossible. Let me know if you got the visa or did anything that helped your case!!! 

Hello H1b-DS5535,

My visa finally got approved after almost 11 months and returned to US last week ... our lives got derailed for an year.

I believe average waiting times vary per country and the wait is anywhere from 7 to 14 months.

Would recommend you to check im mi - help as there are many other h1 folks with similar issue.

This is a very stressful phase...Hope things work out for each one of you...Good luck!

Edited by AJ_Singh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.