49 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Seth And Quynh said:

yes he can't just send her home but he can wait it out till the Roc and wish if he want's to proceed or not, 

I-751 petition asks USCIS to grant you permanent, rather than conditional residence. The problem is that a spouse who is no longer interested in helping you immigrate will refuse to sign this petition. Fortunately, various waivers are available, for battered spouses, immigrants who would face extreme hardship upon removal to their home countries, or spouses who entered into a bona fide marriage that was ended by divorce. Yes and i Know she's not a fedex package thank you :). I'm Talking about the removal of conditions not if he can send her back or not. 

yes that's why i said she should file a waiver...

I am well aware of waivers and so on but you make it sounds like he is the one making the choices about her stay and that is not correct. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

I am well aware of waivers and so on but you make it sounds like he is the one making the choices about her stay and that is not correct. 

his choices and actions has led her to make choices about her future regarding it be abuse or divorce she has the choice to choose a waiver so she can remove conditions. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Seth And Quynh said:

his choices and actions has led her to make choices about her future regarding it be abuse or divorce she has the choice to choose a waiver so she can remove conditions. 

Okay I give up we don't talk about the same

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 hours ago, Georgia16 said:

Okay I give up we don't talk about the same

Yeah it's like beating your head on a wall.  I would give up too :rofl:

1 minute ago, neilsqueen said:

Yeah it's like beating your head on a wall.  I would give up too :rofl:

That's why i stopped earlier when i did lol

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 3:26 AM, Depressed247 said:

Hi good morning guys . Really depressed and looking for some advice.

got married 1 year ago but my husband is controlling and verbally and emotionally abusive.

He shove me a few times and pushed me down when I was walking up the stairs.

He uses profanities to me and call me names. A few months ago I told him I wanted to get certified as a Home Health Aide

he told me if I did that he would send me back home or call USCIS to tell lies on me. When I told him I don't like the profanities 

he said he is the man and I shouldn't tell him what to do, and that I am being disrespectful. He tell me everything that I should do, if I don't always do what he says he says it's because I am ungrateful. I love my Husband so I tried to tell him he need to exercise (he has underlying illness) he curses me. He will take away my phone, take away the key so I can't leave the house, I can't use his computer or his wifi, and he tell me I can get back the phone only if I behave myself. I have to hide and watch certain reality shows because he says he doesn't want certain shows to watch in his house. I ask him for us to go counseling but he refuses to go. Even though I can't use his things, I still have to wash, cook, clean, iron every thing as before, he told me he is still giving me food. I take care of him, everyone who knows him says it's the healthiest he have looked in years

because I keep him eating clean, he doesn't appreciate it and treats me more like a slave than his wife. He verbally abuses me constantly and threatened to call USCIS, even though he know we both married for love.

if I decide to try and stay would it be possible, I don't have much evidence. What I do have:

1. One year tax return 

2. Joint bank account 

3. Health Insurance 

4. Postcards from both Of us

5. Emails and text messages 

6. Photos of us.

7. Electricity bills

He had his home before we met.

i don't know if I should even try as I don't have much evidence. He told me if I don't behave myself and do certain things, ( 1 thing I couldn't do) he won't put my name on his bills so I don't have much. I got my 2 year green card 9 months ago so I know it look bad, but I have tried to make it work to seek counseling and he refuses. He told me Sunday it's not going to work because I told him it can't be okay to speak to his wife that way, he said it's disrespectful to say that to him. I don't know if he files for divorce yet. He refuses me to work but don't give me any allowance, I love and want to work when I tell him I want to work, he says it's because I don't appreciate what he is doing to support us.

I feel like I am going crazy can't believe he is treating me this way.

he says he will file for divorce, have not happen yet but just want to know what my choices and chances are.

sorry my writing is not cohesive 

Thanks in advance for your help it will be greatly appreciated.

IMHO, you need to leave and go for the ROC on your own. You have enough proof to do so. If he's giving you an allowance, try to save up as much as you and go file. But you need to take action ASAP before things get worse, and THEY WILL GET WORSE. He knows he's getting a way with mistreating you and will continue to do so because you are here alone.

Go to social services in Middlesex county and ask for a domestic violence counselor or services and inform them of what he's doing. Also, you need to document dates of each occurrence/incident that he's causing this mistreatment so that you have proof to show later down the road. If he does divorce you first, he has the upperhand and then you'll have to worry about him trying to get your deported.

You DO have options but YOU have to want to work and fight to get out of your situation. You can get the help just like the rest of us US women do from the local services provided in your area; you just have to want to do it.

Here is the telephone # I found that you may want to call: Middlesex County Domestic Violence Hotline 732 249-4504

This is the link to the website: http://www.woodbridgedvrt.org/ - Click on the link they have some information that might be able to help understand your options.

I wish you the best of luck!

Edited by Trinab80

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I know its hard to leave the person you love but do you still have the pamphlet the embassy gave you on domestic violence. If not look it up im the jamaican embassy site, cause this is abuse all day long and you should not feel like a prisoner here.

I truly feel sorry for you...but would you rather be miserable and unhappy in America then happy and content in Jamaica....Start putting money to the side and book you a flight to Jamaica...Work on your divorce from a healthy environment....Dont stay with him just because....

Timeline

Hi guys good morning. Really need your help again. Sorry it's been awhile but most times my Husband takes away my phone and turn off his internet. He has been cursing me as usual. He gave me divorce papers today. When he gave me he told me not to sign yet because he is not sure if he wants to go through it. I told him I am going to sign he got upset. When I read it found out he wants an annulment. The grounds being I lied to him about been able to have kids. Which is not true.

Story is when I was a 18 (2002) I got pregnant and was forced to abort it. Made me depressed for years. In 2012 I got pregnant and I lost the baby, I told my husband about my second pregnancy, but not the abortion because it never prevented me from getting pregnant. So why dig up the past. So his ground is that I knew I wouldn't be able to because of the abortion I got pregnant after that so how is it I know I couldn't get pregnant? Can that still be ground for annulment even though I got pregnant after? Or it can be because I didn't tell him of the first one? They say I could defend the ground but it would cost money and he made sure I don't have any. If he get the annulment, how soon will I have to leave.

please if anyone knows please answer as soon as you can, because I am actually outside and it's dark and lonely. He was fighting me for my iPad and pushing me around I didn't feel safe. I tried calling a safe house but I assume they probably think I am doing it because I got divorce papers. And if I call the police they would probably think the same. I am so afraid to go back in the house. I got a part time job and even though he can drop me he refuse he made sure I had no money to do anything. With all the abuse I went through if I had money to file I would have. Are there any options for me? Or is it too late? Do I have to answer the divorce even though it's not true? Please help. If I don't respond it's either he took my phone or he hurt me, he told me he would. Thanks in advance 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You need to get to a safe house as a priority.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
10 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

You need to get to a safe house as a priority.

I was on the phone since after 11 they are telling me I have to get a restraining order first. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 6/14/2017 at 0:41 PM, Depressed247 said:

I was prevented from working so I don't have money to file. I do love him and just wish he would at least seek counseling, maybe if someone show him the error of his ways he would change.

Join the VAWA thread part 8.You will not file VAWA but if you want you can file I-751 ROC based on extreme cruelty(mental abuse). We have on the thread hundreds of victims of abuse who suffered physical or/and psychological and sexual abuse as well. 

You should answer the divorce claim. Find a pro bono attorney to represent you and he/she will file a CONTESTED ANSWER TO COMPLAINT FOR ANNULMENT and file a COUNTERCLAIM as well. You can represent yourself in this annulment action, but it's better if you find a pro bono attorney to help you with this. Call the Bar Association and ask a list of pro bono attorneys in your area, ask the Clerk in the Court the list of pro bono attorneys as well.

In the last case scenario, I will help you to file I-751 waiver based on abuse if you decide this option, and if you want my help of course. I will not charge you for this and I will not represent you (I am an attorney) but I can review your forms, the affiant's affidavits and your own affidavit. You need to attend therapy and have a psychological evaluation done, and if you have a diagnose of depression due to the abuse suffered or PTSD then you can prove extreme cruelty.

Edited by sandranj

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.