Suss&Camm

Scandinavians Part 2

1,960 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Reverie said:

My bad, I've been meaning to do my timeline, but forgot. I'll do it asap!
Most of this is our own fault, though. Our wedding plans feel through due to my aunt getting sick back home, so we didn't get married until our 90 days were almost up. Then my husband insisted we use a lawyer for our AOS, but we was horrible and took his sweet time on everything, so we fired him. All of this added several months to our process.

I do feel like USCIS is working slower and becoming stricter, through. We had absolutely no problems during our K1 process, but they've been giving us a hard time now. They're pretty vague with their RFEs, they said there was no birth certificate when clearly there was, but we figured it may be due to the fact that the stamp on the copy we sent was barely noticeable, so we did a new copy of my birth certificate with a much better stamp. Then they said that my husband didn't meet the requirements for being my sponsor when he makes much more than what's required, so we sent a new form (affidavit of support) with additional evidence. Again, I believe this could have been avoided if we had done the paperwork ourselves, but my husband insisted we use a lawyer.

And thanks! It's very exciting 🥰 

I have noticed that Americans in general want to use lawyers for everything lol! I have applied for three different visas to the U.S. and the paper work is all pretty straight forward, if you just read the instructions. Never had any issues so far (knock on wood!). Hopefully something will happen soon for you guys!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Just wanted to pop on this and say I'm waiting to get my NOA 2 for our I-129F. My fiance is from Bergen Norway and I'm glad to have found this forum because I don't see a lot of Norwegian immigrants on the whole site! 

5 minutes ago, emma24 said:

Just wanted to pop on this and say I'm waiting to get my NOA 2 for our I-129F. My fiance is from Bergen Norway and I'm glad to have found this forum because I don't see a lot of Norwegian immigrants on the whole site! 

Welcome! Bergen is such a neat city, we spent a couple nights there last year on a train trip.

Timeline
Just now, snowdog said:

Welcome! Bergen is such a neat city, we spent a couple nights there last year on a train trip.

I’m actually headed over there for a 3 week holiday on the 19TH! I’m so excited to see it during Christmas time!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
2 hours ago, emma24 said:

Hiya Emma. From Stavanger. ;) or wellI moved to Stavanger to be with my hubby (almost 20 yrs now). Now it's time to move back to US. This process takes so damn long...

We filed in summer and it feels likes ages already.  😫

Well we are still waiting on DQ from our second document submission, but my husband was able to complete his medical  early in Oslo today. With the holidays coming up we are traveling to Lithuania to spend time with his family, and were worried that if we didn’t get it done he’d be traveling back to Norway in the middle of the holiday season just for that doc appointment. Now we wait... hurry up already, NVC! It would be great to get some good news while I’m there visiting ❤️

• 1 month later...

Finally got our interview letter from Stockholm.

DQ 12/18

IL 01/13

ID 02/12

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
15 hours ago, snowdog said:

DQ 12/18

IL 01/13

ID 02/12

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

Thank you for this. Been searching everywhere for this info. 

We are DQ Jan 10 so this gives us a good estimate 😊

Timeline

I was wondering if anyone here has contacted the embassy through email and what email address you used? I finally got my case number about a week ago (the letter had had a “little” detour to Taipei according to a stamp on the envelope 😅) and it’s less than a month until my NOA2 expires. I found this email address on the embassy webpage: support-Sweden@ustraveldocs.com and emailed them to ask for an extension. That was more than a week ago and still no answer. Is there another address? Do I need to be patient (does it usually take some time for them to answer)? Or should I just call them instead?

Edited by MalinB

Timeline
16 minutes ago, MalinB said:

I was wondering if anyone here has contacted the embassy through email and what email address you used? I finally got my case number about a week ago (the letter had had a “little” detour to Taipei according to a stamp on the envelope 😅) and it’s less than a month until my NOA2 expires. I found this email address on the embassy webpage: support-Sweden@ustraveldocs.com and emailed them to ask for an extension. That was more than a week ago and still no answer. Is there another address? Do I need to be patient (does it usually take some time for them to answer)? Or should I just call them instead?

stkivinfo@state.gov

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
On 1/13/2020 at 11:10 AM, snowdog said:

DQ 12/18

IL 01/13

ID 02/12

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

Hi! I was wondering if you could tell me what these are abbreviations for?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
13 minutes ago, emma24 said:

Hi! I was wondering if you could tell me what these are abbreviations for?

DQ: Documentarily qualified (case complete at NVC)

IL: interview letter (date that you got letter for interview)

ID: interview date (date you will actually have the interview)

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline

I'm getting a little antsy waiting for our K1 NOA2 so I've been doing some reading on the upcoming items we will need to do. Does anyone know what the letter from the embassy will entail? Like what items they will require my fiance to bring to the interview and how to schedule a medical in Norway? Thanks! :D 

Timeline
7 hours ago, emma24 said:

I'm getting a little antsy waiting for our K1 NOA2 so I've been doing some reading on the upcoming items we will need to do. Does anyone know what the letter from the embassy will entail? Like what items they will require my fiance to bring to the interview and how to schedule a medical in Norway? Thanks! :D 

Dear Visa Applicant,

This office has received a petition entitling you to a “K-1” nonimmigrant visa classification as an alien proceeding to the United States to marry an American citizen. Please note that the U.S. Embassy in Stockholm is processing applicants legally residing in Denmark, Norway and Sweden.

To prepare for your interview appointment with a consular officer, please read and carefully follow the instructions below. We encourage you to schedule your appointment as soon as possible as we need to process your application within the validity of the I-129F petition. We also request that the applicant reviews a copy the submitted I-129F petition (attached in this e-mail)

IMPORTANT: Please note that the scheduling and collection of application fee will be done throughhttp://www.ustraveldocs.com/se

CHECKLIST

1. ( )  FEE:There is a $265 fee for each visa application. The fee will be paid throughhttp://www.ustraveldocs.com/se

1. ( )  COMPLETED DS-160 ONLINE APPLICATION FORM. All fiancé(e) visa applicants and their children must complete one DS-160 each in order to apply for a K1/K2 visa and seek an appointment. The form can be accessed at:https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

You must: 1) complete the online visa application and 2)print the application form confirmation page to bring to your interview. All questions on the forms must be answered. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT THE ONLINE FORM DS-160: Please note thatall applicants (including residents of Denmark and Norway) must select Stockholm,Sweden as the location where the visa will be sought. Failure to list Stockholm will delay your application and you will need to be re-scheduled for a new interview.

1. ( )  PASSPORT: A passport must be valid for travel to the United States and must have at least six months validity beyond the issuance date of the visa.
  2. ( ) PHOTOGRAPHS: Two (2) identical colorphotographs are required. The photographs must be full face photo, taken within the past six months. Eye glases are not allowed in visa photos. The photographs should measure 2 inches square (roughly 50 mm square) with the head centered in the frame.
  3. ( ) BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Your original birth certificate plus one original or certified copy of the birth certificate of each unmarried child under the age of 21, named in the application is required, even if they are not applying for a visa at this time. The certificate must state the date and place of birth of both parents and must be from the country where you were born.
  4. ( ) POLICE CERTIFICATES: Each applicant aged 16 years or over, is required to submit a police certificate from the appropriate judicial or police authorities from the country of the applicant’s nationality or current residence where the applicant has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of sixteen, as well as from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year, or more since attaining the age of sixteen. For countries not maintaining national police records, a certificate must be obtained from each locality. A police certificate must also be obtained from the police authorities of any place where the applicant has been arrested for any reason, regardless of the length of residence. For information on how to obtain a police certificate from a specific country, please visit:https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country.html/
  5. ( )  COURT AND PRISON RECORDS: Persons convicted of a crime must obtain a certified copy of each court record and any prison record, regardless that they may have benefited from an amnesty pardon.
  6. ( )  MILITARY RECORDS: A certified copy of any military record is required, either stating that the military service has been completed, or that the applicant is exempt from serving.
  7. ( )  EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT: Evidence, which will show that you and your children, if any, are not to become public charges in the United States. If you have no assets, you may find a financial sponsor in the U.S. who completes form I-134, Affidavit of Support on your behalf. Please bring the original signed I-134 for your interview. The sponsor should also provide a copy of the most recentIRS Tax ReturnTranscriptand proof of current U.S. income or assets. Form I-134 can be obtained from Citizenship and Immigration Services’ webpagewww.uscis.gov
  8. ( )  MEDICAL EXAMINATION: Arrange for a medical examination with one of the Embassy approved panel physicians listed on:https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/list-of-posts.htmlPlease make sure to select Stockholm (STK) as the place of visa application.

You are responsible for the cost of the examination. A medical examination is also required for each child who will accompany you. This medical examination will also be accepted by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service for adjustment of status to lawful permanent residence.

1. ( )  EVIDENCE OF RELATIONSHIP: You will be required to submit evidence that you have previously met your fiancé(e), and proof of a valid fiancé(e) relationship with your petitioner. It is, therefore, useful to bring with you letters, written correspondence, phone records, photographs, or other evidence of your engagement and proof of on-going contact.Please note that you will not be allowed to bring your phone, tablet or computer to your interview.If you communicate through Skype/Viber/WhatsApp etc – you may want to present screenshots of some of the communication.

Important information for K-1 visa applicants (please read before interview😞 The International Marriage Broker Regulation Act (IMBRA) requires that the United States government provide, to an immigrating fianc(e) of a citizen of the United States, an information pamphlet on legal rights and resources for immigrant victims of domestic violence:

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Humanitarian/Battered%20Spouse,%20Children%20%26%20Parents/IMBRA%20Pamphlet%20Final%2001-07-2011%20for%20Web%20Posting.pdf

1. ( )  TRANSLATIONS:  All documents not in English must be accompanied by a certified English translation.

Please note that you must bring one certified interpreter if you do not speak English well enough to participate unassisted in the visa interview. Please note that the petitioner is restricted from serving as an interpreter.  If you are bringing an interpreter, you are requested to send us the name of interpreter at least 2 business days prior the interview.

IMPORTANT: Once you have completed the DS-160 application form and have all documents in order, please register and create an account athttp://www.ustraveldocs.com/se in order toschedule your appointment and pay your visa application fee

Note: All the collected documents are to be presented at the final interview. Do not send any collected documents to this office unless specifically requested to do so.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Dag Hammarskjölds Väg 31

115 89 Stockholm

E-mail: stkivinfo@state.gov

ONCE YOU HAVE BEEN SCHEDULED FOR AN APPOINTMENT YOU SHOULD NOTE THAT YOU HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE IMMIGRANT VISA UNIT. UPON ARRIVAL AT THE U.S. EMBASSY, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO STAND IN THE LINE FOR IMMIGRANTS/U.S. CITIZENS ANDNOT IN THE LINE FOR NON-IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICANTS. 

We hope this information is useful to you. Should you require further assistance, please submit an inquiry via:stkivinfo@state.gov Please ensure to always list your case number (STKXXXXXXXXXX) in the subject line.

Security and Access Warning

For security reasons, visa applicants and American Citizen Services customers are not allowed to bring luggage, bags, cell phones, other electronic devices, or any items that are not relevant to your business with us (with the exception of one small purse, or items to care for babies). If you have prohibited items with you, you will not be allowed to enter the Embassy and may need to reschedule your appointment.

The following items are not permitted in the Embassy:

·  Cameras

·  Cell phones

·  Laptops

·  Any other electronics, such as MP3 players, iPods, etc.

·  Large shopping bags

·  Luggage, backpacks, briefcases

·  Tools of any size, such as a leatherman, or Swiss army knife

·  Weapons of any kind

All visitors to the Embassy are subject to airport-type screening. When planning your visit here, bring only what is needed for your business with the Consular Section to speed security screening. All items are subject to inspection and your wait time at the Embassy depends on the items you and other visitors bring. We do not have storage facilities at the Embassy. We suggest you make use of storage facilities at the main bus/train station in Stockholm (Centralstationen) or at the airport. After clearing U.S. Embassy security, proceed to the Immigrant Visa Unitwindow 7 in the consular waiting room to present your documents/forms.

Cellphones may be stored in lockers at the entrance, will be returned upon your departure from the Consular Section.

7 hours ago, emma24 said:

And for the medical I just sent an email to KAL klinikken. They were super helpful with picking a date that fit with my schedule 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.