Suss&Camm

Scandinavians Part 2

1,960 posts in this topic

On 3/7/2022 at 2:49 AM, Orion22 said:

Hello Scandinavians ☺️

My wife (USC) is petitioning for me and my son. PD is May 20th 2021, Vermont Service Center. We're still waiting for approval on the I 130's, no movement since NOA1. Our lawyer sent in a K3/K4 last week, we'll see if that helps any. 

Interesting. Please keep us posted. I keep reading about K3 being defunct, but every now and then somebody will have one approved. Best of luck to you and your family.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
18 minutes ago, mcjp said:

Interesting. Please keep us posted. I keep reading about K3 being defunct, but every now and then somebody will have one approved. Best of luck to you and your family.

Thank you!

What seems to be happening in some cases is that the K3/K4 will be denied, but they approve/start processing the I130 instead. So for us, we're using it as a nudge rather than an actual application. It's free when you already have a I130 in. We had some things come up with our current living situation and the visa process is taking longer than expected so hopefully this will help speed things up so we can get moving.

💒5.5.2020

PD 2021-05-20

Vermont Service Center

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
5 hours ago, Orion22 said:

Thank you!

What seems to be happening in some cases is that the K3/K4 will be denied, but they approve/start processing the I130 instead. So for us, we're using it as a nudge rather than an actual application. It's free when you already have a I130 in. We had some things come up with our current living situation and the visa process is taking longer than expected so hopefully this will help speed things up so we can get moving.

Correct, your i-129f won't lead anywhere as the K3/K4 isn't a thing anymore, but it's possible it could help bringing your file up to the surface so someone will look at it. Crossing my fingers!

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the current processing times for the Embassy in Stockholm?  

Also, we started a Facebook group last year called "IR1/CR1 Scandinavian" if you would like to join us.  We try to support each other and share our experiences mainly with the Embassy in Stockholm.  Hope to see you there!! 

• 3 months later...
21 hours ago, Display Name2 said:

It's good to hear the backlog has cleared. 

If anyone have updated data on how quick it goes to get the interview now please share? Is it weeks or months?

Thanks.

Hi! I wish I could update you a better way. I applied for an EB3 visa. I was transfered in march to Frankfurt. From my understanding Stockholm is still working very slowly.

• 1 year later...

I’m a Swedish citizen but have been a permanent resident in the US since October 2020, currently waiting for my ROC application to get approved. I realized my Swedish passport expires next year (although maybe it’s already invalid as I changed my last name after marriage?). Do I need to renew it before it expires? 

Timeline
On 7/5/2023 at 5:44 PM, AZ_linda said:

I’m a Swedish citizen but have been a permanent resident in the US since October 2020, currently waiting for my ROC application to get approved. I realized my Swedish passport expires next year (although maybe it’s already invalid as I changed my last name after marriage?). Do I need to renew it before it expires? 

There's no "have to", there's no requirement to have a valid passport (yes your passport became invalid if you changed your name in Sweden, at Skatteverket). Personally I would be terrified being stuck in ANY country without a valid passport, but it's a personal choice to have one or not. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hi

I'm currently in Northern Sweden and my K1 is at the NVC and hopefully will be shipped in less than 2 weeks. Since I'm nearly at the time to move, has anyone shipped anything from Sweden to the US? I've got maybe about a pallets worth of things that I want to bring with me and I can't seem to find anywhere to get a quote for a pallet delivery or any companys that would ship. Does anyone have any help with this? 

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.