1,960 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mazsive said:
2019-09-09 02:11 
Sverige 
Transport av forsendelsen er startet i avsenderlandet 

Turtle speed. Wanna bet they lost the package 

its quite impressive actually. Wonder why people wanna run a post company when they dont know how to get a packet from stockholm to oslo in less than 2 weeks. 

18 hours ago, KurtandDiane12 said:

Ours left 09-09 as well. Has not updated since then..

Called postnord today. He said it arrived at my postal office store. Called postal office. Confirmed. My package is there. Today I'll pick it up and hopefully it's all in order. I recommend you call to the store its being delivered too.  It should arrive today.

Strangely they forgot to let me know or send me a msg.

Edited by Mazsive

Timeline
17 hours ago, Mazsive said:
2019-09-09 02:11 
Sverige 
Transport av forsendelsen er startet i avsenderlandet 

Turtle speed. Wanna bet they lost

Edited by KurtandDiane12

Timeline
4 hours ago, Mazsive said:

Called postnord today. He said it arrived at my postal office store. Called postal office. Confirmed. My package is there. Today I'll pick it up and hopefully it's all in order. I recommend you call to the store its being delivered too.  It should arrive today.

Strangely they forgot to let me know or send me a msg.

Got ours today as well :) they texted him but he has been calling them everyday haha 😂

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Just wanted to chime in, on the conversation around the embassy in Stockholm for those preparing for that visit - it is a very nice place with friendly people! I went with my now-husband to his interview, and I couldn't go inside with him (we weren't sure if I would be able to or not), and the officer actually seemed almost sorry he couldn't let me in. Was not intimidating at all. I think it can be a little intimidating, just for the fact that it's something new you haven't done before. But my husband said everyone was nice and he didn't really have anything negative to say about the entire experience at all. It felt like he was in and out pretty quick also - since I couldn't go with him, I took a  taxi back to our hotel about 15 minutes away. I believe I was only in our room for maybe 20 minutes before he'd called to say he was done and headed to me.

Good luck to those with upcoming interviews!!! It is such an amazing feeling and a huge accomplishment!!

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

On 9/18/2019 at 8:01 AM, Paul & Mallory said:

Just wanted to chime in, on the conversation around the embassy in Stockholm for those preparing for that visit - it is a very nice place with friendly people! I went with my now-husband to his interview, and I couldn't go inside with him (we weren't sure if I would be able to or not), and the officer actually seemed almost sorry he couldn't let me in. Was not intimidating at all. I think it can be a little intimidating, just for the fact that it's something new you haven't done before. But my husband said everyone was nice and he didn't really have anything negative to say about the entire experience at all. It felt like he was in and out pretty quick also - since I couldn't go with him, I took a  taxi back to our hotel about 15 minutes away. I believe I was only in our room for maybe 20 minutes before he'd called to say he was done and headed to me.

Good luck to those with upcoming interviews!!! It is such an amazing feeling and a huge accomplishment!!

Thanks for all the helpful information on this board! My husband is a Lithuanian who has been living in Norway for quite a few years. We are waiting for our case number from NVC currently and fingers crossed he'll get to go for the interview near the end of the year. We actually got married in Norway (thank goodness his brother-in-law is Norwegian or we'd have never figured out all the paperwork), and I visited the Oslo Embassy for my American "certificate of no impediment to marriage." They were super nice and everything seemed prompt. Hoping for the same experience at Stockholm. :)

And yeah, PostNord... I know anytime we are expecting anything in the mail at his address in Norway, we are in for a wait.

Timeline
On 9/18/2019 at 9:01 AM, Paul & Mallory said:

My fiance said everything about the embassy was great too. Just want into some complications but I still believe the courier was at fault. Other than that, it was a good experience.

On 9/18/2019 at 9:09 AM, Mazsive said:

I recieved my package. It's in a yellow envelope. Mst I open it and grab the passport? How does it look inside. I havent opened it yet cause not sure what to expect or if I'm allowed 🤷‍♂️ any one knows?20190918_160845.thumb.jpg.4a6d258695ff4f9b7a55d9e612a5dabf.jpg

It would say on it if its not able to be opened.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 9/18/2019 at 7:09 AM, Mazsive said:

I recieved my package. It's in a yellow envelope. Mst I open it and grab the passport? How does it look inside. I havent opened it yet cause not sure what to expect or if I'm allowed 🤷‍♂️ any one knows?20190918_160845.thumb.jpg.4a6d258695ff4f9b7a55d9e612a5dabf.jpg

Obviously you need to open the outer envelope to get your passport, without the passport you won't be able to move to the US, you won't even board the plane without showing it at the airport.

You should NOT open the inner envelope that says "Do not open" on it, of course.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline

My fiance is on his way to the airport in Oslo to come to the USA. He just realized he left the chest xray CD at his brothers house in Kristansand. He doesnt have time to to go back. Is that required at the POE?? He is close to the place where he got the xray so is going to try to get another cd made. Please help

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
6 hours ago, KurtandDiane12 said:

My fiance is on his way to the airport in Oslo to come to the USA. He just realized he left the chest xray CD at his brothers house in Kristansand. He doesnt have time to to go back. Is that required at the POE?? He is close to the place where he got the xray so is going to try to get another cd made. Please help

He'll be fine. I have never heard of anyone that needed the CD for anything.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hello fellow Scandinavians.

So recently there has been a lot of talking about the embassy sending/delivering the passport back.

Can anybody tell me what the average wait time is, to expect to have the passport back?

I have my interview the 30th of September, and I am looking for ticking in late oktober(25ish)?

Can somebody verify if I will have my passport by then?

Or should I wait to buy the plane ticket, till I physically have the passport.

Thank you for your help.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, AlexDRavn92 said:

Hello fellow Scandinavians.

So recently there has been a lot of talking about the embassy sending/delivering the passport back.

Can anybody tell me what the average wait time is, to expect to have the passport back?

I have my interview the 30th of September, and I am looking for ticking in late oktober(25ish)?

Can somebody verify if I will have my passport by then?

Or should I wait to buy the plane ticket, till I physically have the passport.

Thank you for your help.

Mine is 30th too! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.