2,670 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

There are still over 1000 mid-late December cases untouched as of today, not to mention a few early December and even a handful of November cases. I don't think we will see December cleared out for at least a month, possibly a little more. They seem to be picking somewhat random dates, so I think its mostly down to random luck that your case is picked at this point. Hoping everyone on this thread hears some good news soon!

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
14 hours ago, Queen30 said:

Can someone please explain to me 

1) What is Packet 3 ? 

2) What is Packet 4 ?

3) Does the consulate "have" to send these documents to the beneficiary via mail/e--mail or it's downloadable ??

Hi,

If you could please fill out your country information on your timeline. Thank you.

1)  Packet 3 is the mail or email you receive from the consulate requesting you to send in certain documents . It depends on      the embassy.

2) Packet 4 depends on the embassy. Look that up on your consulates website.

3) Yes they are, again, you would have to look at the consulate information of your embassy here on VJ.

All the best.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, RJandHamid said:

There are still over 1000 mid-late December cases untouched as of today, not to mention a few early December and even a handful of November cases. I don't think we will see December cleared out for at least a month, possibly a little more. They seem to be picking somewhat random dates, so I think its mostly down to random luck that your case is picked at this point. Hoping everyone on this thread hears some good news soon!

Yup, I've also noticed the slow pace or near stall lately... :( 

~~~

Hi all. 

So I'm back to my country after visiting my fiance in the U.S.  and I'm really, really depressed.  It's getting harder to keep on waiting, I am so angry at those receiving their NOA2 although I know it isn't their fault. 

I'm exhausted and I really want to get over with this process. It's draining my mental health. 

Please tell me I'm not the only one feeling like this after visiting their loved ones?  I'm going crazy. 

K1 Visa

Spoiler
  • December 21, 2016 - Package Sent
  • December 23, 2016 - Package Received
  • January 05, 2017 - NOA1 text / e-mail
  • January 11, 2017 - NOA1 mail
  • April 04, 2017 - Case Approved
  • April 10, 2017 - NOA2 mail
  • April 24, 2017 - NVC Received, Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned too.
  • April 26, 2017 - Consulate Received
  • May 04, 2017 - Packet 3 Letters Sent.
  • May 15, 2017 - Packet 3 Arrived in Mail
  • June 15 , 2017 - Medical
  • June 16 , 2017 - Biometrics
  • June 20 , 2017 - Interview / Approved! 
  • June 27 , 2017 - Visa on hand
  • June 29 , 2017 - POE / JFK Airport, New York

July 15, 2017:  W E D D I N G ! ! ! ! !

AOS

Spoiler

• Spoiler

• August 16, 2017 - AOS Package Sent / AOS, EAD, AP. Affidavit.
    • August 18, 2017 - Package Received
    • August 26, 2017 - NOA1 text / e-mail
    • August 31, 2017 - NOA1 mail
    • September 05, 2017 - ASC Appoinment letter / mail
    • September 12, 2017 - ASC Appoinment
    • September 20, 2017 - Case updated to:  Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview
    • October 28, 2017 - Case updated to:  Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview --AGAIN-- ????
    • November 22, 2017 - EAD/AP  Approval letter in mail
    • November 27, 2017 - EAD/AP Card Received
    • July 24, 2018 - AOS Interview

• July 26, 2018 - AOS approval
  • August 03, 2018 - CARD IN HAND!!!  Finally!

•  

ROC

• May 12, 2020 - Package Sent
  • May 18, 2020 - Package Received
  • June 17, 2020 - Fingerprints letter saying they will use previous data
  • July 08, 2020 - NOA Received
  • December 14, 2020 - Case Update: New Card Being Produced - Email alert
  •  December 15, 2020 - Case Approved - Email alert
  • December 19, 2020 - Approval notice and card received.

:) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
14 minutes ago, minemar said:

Hi all. 

So I'm back to my country after visiting my fiance in the U.S.  and I'm really, really depressed.  It's getting harder to keep on waiting, I am so angry at those receiving their NOA2 although I know it isn't their fault. 

I'm exhausted and I really want to get over with this process. It's draining my mental health. 

Please tell me I'm not the only one feeling like this after visiting their loved ones?  I'm going crazy. 

Don't let it drain your mental health. I'm sure everyone on here doesn't like being away from the one they love, but think of some others who may have not even had the opportunity to see their loved one like you just did. Of course the waiting is tough but try to think of the bigger picture. You are waiting months to spend a lifetime together.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, PrisEri said:

Hi,

If you could please fill out your country information on your timeline. Thank you.

1)  Packet 3 is the mail or email you receive from the consulate requesting you to send in certain documents . It depends on      the embassy.

2) Packet 4 depends on the embassy. Look that up on your consulates website.

3) Yes they are, again, you would have to look at the consulate information of your embassy here on VJ.

All the best.

Thank You PrisEri! I will check it out ! 

All the best 

Hello! As you can see on my timeline I had my i129f received Jan 3. Looking back on some of these posts I have seen some people who had their petition received after mine and already have been approved. It's a little frustrating seeing someone who put their petition in after mine get approved already. So much effort has been put into making sure everything was done correctly so I'd like to see an answer by now. Can anyone help clarify why this would happen? I have had no notices since NOA1. Please help. Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, cgl5915 said:

Hello! As you can see on my timeline I had my i129f received Jan 3. Looking back on some of these posts I have seen some people who had their petition received after mine and already have been approved. It's a little frustrating seeing someone who put their petition in after mine get approved already. So much effort has been put into making sure everything was done correctly so I'd like to see an answer by now. Can anyone help clarify why this would happen? I have had no notices since NOA1. Please help. Thank you!

Probably because each adjudicator receives a stack of K1s on their desk and each person may have a different break down of date received applications.  So basically some later dates get worked based on the adjudicators workload.  Understand?  Not every worker has the same dates.

9 minutes ago, Chair_force1 said:

Probably because each adjudicator receives a stack of K1s on their desk and each person may have a different break down of date received applications.  So basically some later dates get worked based on the adjudicators workload.  Understand?  Not every worker has the same dates.

I understand. Still very frustrating though considering the effort put in.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
15 minutes ago, cgl5915 said:

I understand. Still very frustrating though considering the effort put in.

Yeah but I'm sure everyone who put together their packet put the effort in as well. Unfortunately they don't work in chronological order on the cases so ones after yours, before yours, and even the same day as yours may get adjudicated. Just out of any filers control. Hang in there your nearing the finish line. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Newbie here.. I'd like to ask how long does NVC issue a case number? Our NOA2 is dated March 9. We are running 3 weeks now and everytime we called they said it will take 6 weeks to get our approved application to NVC. I've read some comments here re that and saw that some are lucky to get the case number between the 18th-23rd days after they were approved. Are they sending notices thru regular mail or just in email? Hope to hear from you guys.. Thanks- Edric& Setchie

Edited by Edric&Setchie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Cases for December updated 3/28/2017: 145
Approved: 90
RFEs: 29
Other: 26

*Only cases starting with a receiving date of Dec 1 onward*

Details for December only (3/28/2017): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1QbA9c-L-c1LWUzanhuUXpJaG8

(Cases for December updated 3/27/2017: 107
Approved: 62
RFEs: 18
Other: 27

*Only cases starting with a receiving date of Dec 1 onward*

Details for December only (3/27/2017): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1QbA9c-L-c1UkZXSzI2TFJDdHM )

Spoiler
Rec'd Date 3/28/2017 3/27/2017 Touched Cases
12/1/2016 9 9 0
12/2/2016 2 2 0
12/5/2016 17 17 0
12/6/2016 32 37 5
12/7/2016 3 3 0
12/8/2016 25 25 0
12/9/2016 39 41 2
12/12/2016 42 43 1
12/13/2016 8 8 0
12/14/2016 45 46 1
12/15/2016 81 88 7
12/16/2016 85 96 11
12/19/2016 230 267 37
12/20/2016 176 204 28
12/21/2016 253 263 10
12/22/2016 257 260 3
12/23/2016 305 305 0
12/27/2016 489 490 1
12/28/2016 242 242 0
12/29/2016 98 98 0
12/30/2016 99 99 0

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
17 hours ago, PrisEri said:

Hi all, we got our NVC case number yesterday! wish you all luck on your Journey. God bless.

How long it take from your NOA2 To NVC to receive your Case number ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.