2,670 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, JahRyl said:

How did you know the date of receipt? We just called them today and got lucky that our case number is already ready. I checked the status still "at NVC and to follow the 6steps" do you have any idea about the 6 steps? 

I called and got my NVC number. I have the same status stating six steps. It seems to be an error message. In a forum post from 2016 I found somebody who stated "I just called NVC back and they told me that the 6 step process doesn't apply, that I have to wait for the consulate to receive the packet!" So, I believe that is what we will be waiting for now. No issues that I see except we can't track how we want to. Maybe it'll update within a couple of days but I don't know.

Nothing to worry about! Just pay attention to the top where it shows "At NVC". :P 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Qatar
Timeline
1 hour ago, TerrenceR said:

I called and got my NVC number. I have the same status stating six steps. It seems to be an error message. In a forum post from 2016 I found somebody who stated "I just called NVC back and they told me that the 6 step process doesn't apply, that I have to wait for the consulate to receive the packet!" So, I believe that is what we will be waiting for now. No issues that I see except we can't track how we want to. Maybe it'll update within a couple of days but I don't know.

Nothing to worry about! Just pay attention to the top where it shows "At NVC". :P 

Yeah that's what confused me, I haven't seen anyone posted about the 6 steps. Hahaha

Congratulations we are really on the same timeline. 

We'll keep you posted of any activities with our petition. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Redheadguy03 said:

That definitely could be it. If you met online you should always include the terms of use from the website. I met mine online and included them it was like 20 pages.

Good luck!!! 

Thanks! Just got our RFE letter and yes, I guess we'd have to include the terms of use and more, hehe. Here's what they're asking for.

IMG_4334.JPG

I think I made an Error on my DS-160

In the travel information there's a question regarding the K1 Application Receipt/Petition Number and instead of using the "WAC123456" number which is the pettion number, I put the Case Number of the consulate "CDJ123456" and I am not sure if it will work or not.  What should I do??

Also, the Visa Number is tricky to find. I have a B1/B2 Boarding Crossing Card. And it's filled with Numbers everywhere and none of it matches the info on the form. So I did a little research online and people said it's the one in the back that starts with a V and has 8 digit V12345678, in the form I used those 8 digits to complete that part.

I am worried about those 2 points and the problem is I only realized of them until today and I already signed my DS-160 yesterday.

What should I do?  Call the Consulate and ask? Or explain during the interview?

Is it possible to fill a new DS-160 online?... Would that cause a problem?

Please help, I'm freaking out!

K1 Visa

Spoiler
  • December 21, 2016 - Package Sent
  • December 23, 2016 - Package Received
  • January 05, 2017 - NOA1 text / e-mail
  • January 11, 2017 - NOA1 mail
  • April 04, 2017 - Case Approved
  • April 10, 2017 - NOA2 mail
  • April 24, 2017 - NVC Received, Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned too.
  • April 26, 2017 - Consulate Received
  • May 04, 2017 - Packet 3 Letters Sent.
  • May 15, 2017 - Packet 3 Arrived in Mail
  • June 15 , 2017 - Medical
  • June 16 , 2017 - Biometrics
  • June 20 , 2017 - Interview / Approved! 
  • June 27 , 2017 - Visa on hand
  • June 29 , 2017 - POE / JFK Airport, New York

July 15, 2017:  W E D D I N G ! ! ! ! !

AOS

Spoiler

• Spoiler

• August 16, 2017 - AOS Package Sent / AOS, EAD, AP. Affidavit.
    • August 18, 2017 - Package Received
    • August 26, 2017 - NOA1 text / e-mail
    • August 31, 2017 - NOA1 mail
    • September 05, 2017 - ASC Appoinment letter / mail
    • September 12, 2017 - ASC Appoinment
    • September 20, 2017 - Case updated to:  Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview
    • October 28, 2017 - Case updated to:  Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview --AGAIN-- ????
    • November 22, 2017 - EAD/AP  Approval letter in mail
    • November 27, 2017 - EAD/AP Card Received
    • July 24, 2018 - AOS Interview

• July 26, 2018 - AOS approval
  • August 03, 2018 - CARD IN HAND!!!  Finally!

•  

ROC

• May 12, 2020 - Package Sent
  • May 18, 2020 - Package Received
  • June 17, 2020 - Fingerprints letter saying they will use previous data
  • July 08, 2020 - NOA Received
  • December 14, 2020 - Case Update: New Card Being Produced - Email alert
  •  December 15, 2020 - Case Approved - Email alert
  • December 19, 2020 - Approval notice and card received.

:) 

6 hours ago, mjvc said:

Thanks! Just got our RFE letter and yes, I guess we'd have to include the terms of use and more, hehe. Here's what they're asking for.

IMG_4334.JPG

They want more evidence of you meeting your fiance. Did you provide a copy of your passport stamps? That usually helps, also photos and a statement saying when you met. 

4 hours ago, Ginger Andre said:

Whats the next step after 2 Noa approver ?

You wait for NVC to receive your case. Then you schedule your interview and do your medical. 

3 hours ago, minemar said:

In the travel information there's a question regarding the K1 Application Receipt/Petition Number and instead of using the "WAC123456" number which is the pettion number, I put the Case Number of the consulate "CDJ123456" and I am not sure if it will work or not.  What should I do??

Also, the Visa Number is tricky to find. I have a B1/B2 Boarding Crossing Card. And it's filled with Numbers everywhere and none of it matches the info on the form. So I did a little research online and people said it's the one in the back that starts with a V and has 8 digit V12345678, in the form I used those 8 digits to complete that part.

I am worried about those 2 points and the problem is I only realized of them until today and I already signed my DS-160 yesterday.

You can use the NOA2 number or the NVC number. People have used either and been perfectly OK. So, you shouldn't have an issue. The number is to make your application trackable and they can track it with either. 

3 hours ago, minemar said:

Edited by Redheadguy03
Duplicate posting please delete

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kate + Evgeny said:

Okay, fellow December filers. Since it looks like nobody is updating the December scans now (for good reasons -- fiance time is most important!), I've decided I will take it over for a while. @geowrian has been amazing enough to send me his awesome scanning method and show me how to use it, so thank you SO MUCH!

It took me a while to figure it out, scan, and extract and analyze the data, so this scan is from approximately 1600 this afternoon. Since at that time tonight's data had (obviously) not been available yet, it is actually data for last week. Here's that information, as well as a breakdown what specific actions were taken on each day of that past week.

Link to data: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oVHkeQlUJX9fSCp93XCP9bbyxdnqnqGpnpdcfgeFDh4/edit?usp=sharing

December Cases Untouched as of 5/1/2017 at 1600: 342

Cases Touched on 4/24: 73

Approvals: 31
RFEs: 2
Other: 40

Cases Touched on 4/25: 95
Approvals: 54
RFEs: 4
Other: 37

Cases Touched on 4/26: 120
Approvals: 37
RFEs: 48
Other: 35

Cases Touched on 4/27: 62
Approvals: 14
RFEs: 21
Other: 27

Cases Touched on 4/28: 57
Approvals: 17
Other: 36

1 hour ago, Kate + Evgeny said:

Okay, fellow December filers. Since it looks like nobody is updating the December scans now (for good reasons -- fiance time is most important!), I've decided I will take it over for a while. @geowrian has been amazing enough to send me his awesome scanning method and show me how to use it, so thank you SO MUCH!

It took me a while to figure it out, scan, and extract and analyze the data, so this scan is from approximately 1600 this afternoon. Since at that time tonight's data had (obviously) not been available yet, it is actually data for last week. Here's that information, as well as a breakdown what specific actions were taken on each day of that past week.

Link to data: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oVHkeQlUJX9fSCp93XCP9bbyxdnqnqGpnpdcfgeFDh4/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks so much! I read through the data for NOA1 12/9, only 4 cases left to be touched, mine is one of them 😩😩😩

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
15 minutes ago, hy2016 said:

Thanks so much! I read through the data for NOA1 12/9, only 4 cases left to be touched, mine is one of them 😩😩😩

You are so welcome! I'm so excited Geowrian went to the trouble of showing me how to do it, because I wouldn't have had the first clue. I hope the data gives you some feeling of orientation within this process. I'm sorry it's taking a long time on your case, Hy2016. It's a super tough wait. But being one out of only four remaining cases on that day means it's that much more likely that the next time they touch a 12/9 case it'll be yours! Your NOA1 one date is three weeks earlier than mine, so your chances of getting approved soon are higher than people who submitted when I did. So don't despair; I think your time will come soon! :)

13 minutes ago, AlohaDestiny said:

Finally, we just got our MNL case number this morning! Total of 19days from our April12 NOA2. 

Now, we're somehow in control of the schedules/timeline up to the interview (given all docs and tests results go in our favor)

Beneficiary from the Philippines here. 

Aloha! 😊

Awesome! That means I should be soon too! Let me know how your medical goes! My fiance is from the Philippines too. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
6 hours ago, Kate + Evgeny said:

Wow! Great! Finally! Thank you for having a good heart and patience in taking over and learning the script. We appreciate your effort.😊

Timeline
3 hours ago, Redheadguy03 said:

Awesome! That means I should be soon too! Let me know how your medical goes! My fiance is from the Philippines too. 

Thanks @Redheadguy03. Yup, yours is arriving soon at NVC. Sure, i'll message here some informative experience (post NOA2) to share to everyone here, and hopefully tips on how to make this journey somehow easier haha... 'Hope to meet your fiance also. 🙂👍

Aloha! 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.