2,670 posts in this topic

Just now, Ashley Scott said:

We filed on Dec 21 and got our NOA2 on April 4.  We got our NVC case number on April 24 and it changed to "ready" today.  We got our medical scheduled for May 22 and interview scheduled for June 1.  Things have been moving so much faster since the case left USCIS!  Good luck to you guys.  Start calling on Monday to see if they have your case number :) 

Oh I've already been calling lol. My fiance doesn't get her police clearance until may 11th, but I want to get that medical out of the way. 

Good luck!!! Hope the medical goes smoothly for you! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

UPDAT ON OUR CASE* WE RECEIVED OUT WAVIER NUMBER ON APRIL 13 IT STAYS IT WILL BE FORWARDED TO KINGSTON COSULATE..WE ARE ALSO FILING A WAVIER FOR UNLAWFUL ENTRY WHICH SHOULD  BE IN FOR THE TIME OF THE INTERVIEW HOPEFULLY!!! IF ANYONE HAS AMY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE LET ME KNOW 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello guys! Is there anyone who's also from philippines? I wanna ask something about having medical exam at SLEC, is it required to wait until nvc letter will received by my fiance for me to bring the copy at SLEC? At first i thought i only need the appointment interview confirmation... i already check the status of our case in CEAC and it says READY... have a good day everyone!😊 I hope someone will response.. 😉

25 minutes ago, hazel8 said:

Hello guys! Is there anyone who's also from philippines? I wanna ask something about having medical exam at SLEC, is it required to wait until nvc letter will received by my fiance for me to bring the copy at SLEC? At first i thought i only need the appointment interview confirmation... i already check the status of our case in CEAC and it says READY... have a good day everyone!😊 I hope someone will response.. 😉

You need the interview letter that's it. Because obviously you already got the NVC number if you were able to schedule the interview. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Redheadguy03 said:

On a side note any December Filers get their NVC number yet? I got my approval April 17th, so still waiting for NVC to receive my stuff

I got my approval on April 13th. Have called the NVC the last 2 days and they tell me it will take up to 6 weeks before they receive the application. So I'm right there with you Redheadguy. When you look at the stats here on VJ for time between NOA2 and NVC receive it shows it to be 20 days. If I also remember correct I have seen posts here on this forum of people getting their NVC case number in around 3 weeks from their NOA2.

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Redheadguy03 said:

You need the interview letter that's it. Because obviously you already got the NVC number if you were able to schedule the interview. 

Oh ok.. 😊.. thank you 😃... 

13 minutes ago, Herhorizon said:

I got my approval on April 13th. Have called the NVC the last 2 days and they tell me it will take up to 6 weeks before they receive the application. So I'm right there with you Redheadguy. When you look at the stats here on VJ for time between NOA2 and NVC receive it shows it to be 20 days. If I also remember correct I have seen posts here on this forum of people getting their NVC case number in around 3 weeks from their NOA2.

I know I've read all that information too. 6 weeks is pretty excessive, shouldn't take that long. 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Herhorizon said:

We got the approval last April 4.. and upon checking the status at CEAC it appears they've been created the case on April 24th  and also yesterday 28th is the first time i check our status it already says READY... you guys will be the next 😊they will receive your case soon 😊😊😊 try and try to call them until they tell you that they already received it and after days your case number will be next 🙂.. that's what my fiance did 😅 Haha 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, amillimo said:

UPDAT ON OUR CASE* WE RECEIVED OUT WAVIER NUMBER ON APRIL 13 IT STAYS IT WILL BE FORWARDED TO KINGSTON COSULATE..WE ARE ALSO FILING A WAVIER FOR UNLAWFUL ENTRY WHICH SHOULD  BE IN FOR THE TIME OF THE INTERVIEW HOPEFULLY!!! IF ANYONE HAS AMY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE LET ME KNOW 

The founder of the forum ! You have been missing in action ! Good luck and all the best with the wavier . My consulate is in Barbados. 

Timeline

Question here for anyone who has their fiancé needing to get a police clearance from Qatar for their interview. My fiancé is from the Philippines. She had worked in Qatar for more than the six month time mentioned for Embassy interview. Right now still waiting for the NVC case number, case was approved by USCIS on April 13th. From what I have researched thus far is that she can just go to the Qatar Embassy in Manila to request and/or get her police clearance for the time that she was living and working there. Would like to know if that is correct she can just go to the Qatar Embassy to request that police clearance and would also like to know as to what kind of time span it would take for her to get that police clearance so that we can factor in that wait time to help figure out when to set up her medical/interview times?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 4/27/2017 at 8:38 AM, Brandon y Nadia said:

From what I understand she will have the sealed envelope same day and she will take that along with items needed in packet 3 and give to consulate and get interview date. Not sure if they give it to you on the spot but think it is 10-15 days after your turn in packet with medical. 

yeah, the secretary of dr. Kelly told us that 1st visit is to get doctor's order to proceed tests and 2 days later the doctor hand over the sealed envelope. 

btw, we figured out the police report, it turns out that the express service works, no appointment needed, just have to complete an online form and print it and present to a special branch that handles express service. we're opting for that option because normal appointments are booked out til 12th.

have you guys noticed something odd in the packet 3 PDF?

it says

"I have in my possession and I am prepared to submit all the documents listed

above that apply to my case, as indicated by the check mark I have placed in the

appropriate boxes. I fully realize that no advance assurance can be given to me as

to when or whether a visa will actually be issued and I also understand that I

should NOT give up my job, dispose of property, or make any final travel

arrangements until a visa is actually issued to me."

hmmmmmm, what boxes??? we can't find a form with boxes. did they send you something that might look like it contains boxes?

Timeline
3 hours ago, Queen30 said:

The founder of the forum ! You have been missing in action ! Good luck and all the best with the wavier . My consulate is in Barbados. 

Yes I'm back I went to babados to see for my birthday. It was amazing.Now I'm back in the states going to school.We are in the process of filing our wavier for unlawful entry  ,which cost $900 dollars. I'm just ready for this too be over with and be with my soulmate❤️ SN the visa is been filed in Jamacia 

Timeline
3 hours ago, amillimo said:

Yes I'm back I went to babados to see for my birthday. It was amazing.Now I'm back in the states going to school.We are in the process of filing our wavier for unlawful entry  ,which cost $900 dollars. I'm just ready for this too be over with and be with my soulmate❤️ SN the visa is been filed in Jamacia 

Which parish in Jamaica is the beneficiary going to do the medical?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
5 hours ago, Vesca said:

yeah, the secretary of dr. Kelly told us that 1st visit is to get doctor's order to proceed tests and 2 days later the doctor hand over the sealed envelope. 

btw, we figured out the police report, it turns out that the express service works, no appointment needed, just have to complete an online form and print it and present to a special branch that handles express service. we're opting for that option because normal appointments are booked out til 12th.

have you guys noticed something odd in the packet 3 PDF?

it says

"I have in my possession and I am prepared to submit all the documents listed

above that apply to my case, as indicated by the check mark I have placed in the

appropriate boxes. I fully realize that no advance assurance can be given to me as

to when or whether a visa will actually be issued and I also understand that I

should NOT give up my job, dispose of property, or make any final travel

arrangements until a visa is actually issued to me."

hmmmmmm, what boxes??? we can't find a form with boxes. did they send you something that might look like it contains boxes?

No hadn't noticed anything with boxes to check as I was emailed the packet 3. But maybe it is something that is sent or given once they receive paperwork from beneficiary is my guess.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.