176 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Not good news. Just talked to them. They said because she is now the applicate they can not give me any information on the case. Only if she was on the phone with me and gave me permission. She also told me I can not pull the Affidavit of support form. There r only four ways I could do it.1,if she is now a US citizen 2,she has been here 10 years 3,she passed away 4,she leaves the United states. She told me if I wanted to discuss this farther then to make a appointment with nearest office. I asked her if I could email or send letter or anything else to pull it. She said no and refer back to the four only ways you can pull it. So I checked the appointment schedule at nearest office and they have nothing available. Apparently you have to check it daily.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Not good news. Just talked to them. They said because she is now the applicate they can not give me any information on the case. Only if she was on the phone with me and gave me permission. She also told me I can not pull the Affidavit of support form. There r only four ways I could do it.1,if she is now a US citizen 2,she has been here 10 years 3,she passed away 4,she leaves the United states. She told me if I wanted to discuss this farther then to make a appointment with nearest office. I asked her if I could email or send letter or anything else to pull it. She said no and refer back to the four only ways you can pull it. So I checked the appointment schedule at nearest office and they have nothing available. Apparently you have to check it daily.

Either she is approved or the one you talked to doesn't know that it is an ongoing case.

Call again and ask to talk to a tier 2!

And also send a letter right away with overnight!

Love to teach, I agree she isn't going to change. I had hoped for that, but I don't see it. Yes the home life isn't very good. Tampo silent treatment gets very old fast. I'm not sure what I'm going to do next. Apparently just pulling the Affidavit of support isn't a easy thing do like it sounded in some of the replies. Looks like this is going to be a very difficult thing to do..

YOU GOT BAD INFO!!!!

You can withdraw the I-864 anytime until AOS is approved.

Call back and ask for Tier 2 like the previous poster suggested.

Also, make INFOPASS appointment ASAP, and go do the same in person.

https://my.uscis.gov/appointment

Thank you for all the help. Good words that I don't really won't to hear, but know is true. She can be so nice, loving and sweet at times, but then that changes. I put up with all her moods and tampo, but the threats of mental abuse and gas lighting floored me and scared me. It got me to write this post to people I don't even know, but the people on this site helped me so much in getting her here, so I hoped they could help me to see what I really already see. For the first 2 years talking on Skype and going to see her and the first 2 months after she got here I was Mr wonderful, nonstop compliments and how good looking I am, which I'm not. She would call me Brad pitt, which isn't even close. Now I'm told how bad I am and how bad I treat here and 2 weeks of tampo and then 3 days of happiness and then back to 2 weeks of tampo. She cut off the intimacy a few times cause she said I treat her bad. I don't think she knows what is bad treatment. I work all the time. I have taken her on many trips, so many that her Filipina friends where envy of it, but now she bad mouths me to them all. I never told her I had money or promised her the good life. I covered every angle of life here and what it would be like talking to her for hours about it before she came here.. On her birthday, her dream was to skydive. I got it for her and a guy to video tape her all the way down. My birthday just passed, she didn't even get me a card. I asked her why and she said that she doesn't get people things who don't appreciate her. Apparently a shirt she brought with her for me when she first got here ended up on the floor in r closet where we keep r clothes. She said that's why she didn't get me anything. Yes she does have money on her to at least buy me something, even a card would of been nice.. Then she wanted a big half body tat, so I got her that too. She has been to Disney world and new york. We stayed down town by Madison Square gardens and many other weekend trips, but she still says I don't do anything for her. I think she is very stubborn and plays lots of mind games. I came home from work last night at 7.30 pm. She wasn't there. IT Gets Dark By 8pm. She came home at 9pm. I'm giving it all a lot of thought right now. Most likely I will be calling today to pull AOS. Will they contact her right away of this? Do I have time to plan a way to tell her after so I want be acussed of anything?

Don't sit on your hands with the AOS, just do it NOW. Start calling lawyers to get advice about divorce and how to protect yourself against false abuse allegations. Once she finds out that her GC process is in hiatus, you can bet your life's fortunes that she will try to use the VAWA card.

Moreover, you mentioned something about finding a piece of paper with credit card numbers on it that aren't yours or hers? She could be using STOLEN credit card info or doing some shady ish. Again, protect yourself. If she is doing something illegal, you could be accused of being an accomplice just by being married to her. You need to protect your kid from all this nonsense too.

Married in Texas Sept. 16, 2013

Sent I-130 Nov. 3, 2013

Received NOA1 (email) Dec. 19, 2013

Requested Expedite Jan. 2, 2014

Approved Expedite Jan. 4, 2014

Case sent to NVC Jan. 15, 2014

Received NOA1 (mail) Jan. 22, 2014

NVC Received Case Jan. 27, 2014

Received NOA2 (mail) Feb. 25, 2014

NVC Assigned Case Number Mar. 11, 2014

Paid AOS Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Paid IV Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Submitted DS-260 Apr. 4, 2014

Mailed in IV packet Apr. 8, 2014

Submitted AOS packet Forgot the date

Case complete May 31, 2014

Medical Jun. 26, 2014

Interview Jul. 8, 2014

POE (LAX) Sept. 16, 2014

Paid ELIS May 16, 2015

Received GC May 23, 2015

I-751 Receipt Date July 5, 2016

ROC NOA July 15, 2016

I-751 Biometrics Aug. 5, 2016

ROC Approved Sept. 18, 2017
Received GC Sept. 25, 2017

CR1 Spousal Visa Guide

TBErp8.png

YEP0m5.png

Love to teach, I agree she isn't going to change. I had hoped for that, but I don't see it. Yes the home life isn't very good. Tampo silent treatment gets very old fast. I'm not sure what I'm going to do next. Apparently just pulling the Affidavit of support isn't a easy thing do like it sounded in some of the replies. Looks like this is going to be a very difficult thing to do..

With an attitude like yours, it is no-brainer why you are so gullible, easy scammed.

Send the withdraw I-864 letters to:

1. address in I-485 receipt notice

2. local USCIS office address and

3. handing over in person via infopass.

Get your butt over to your local USCIS office TODAY.

Beg to be let in and speak to an USCIS officer/supervisor to hand over the letter.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Ok, I will call again. I'm not young, but I do use text slang I got use to it from my daughter. I met her on cherry blossoms. No, she wasn't a bar girl. I did talk to a few of them and learned real fast to stay away from them. She was in sales. She even won awards for it. I'm 52, she is about to turn 30. Yes her non stop compliments began to seem fake and not sincere.

As a 30 year old, that should have been one of your first red flags! Not saying that large age gaps do not happen, but they are rare, and even more rare if all they are complimenting you on is your looks! You seem like a nice guy who is just down on himself! Finish with this drama, join some social clubs, maybe hiking or something active so you can start thinking positive about your looks as well, and meet some nice people and women! You do not want your daughter seeing this style of relationship and thinking it is normal and okay!

And YES Do not take NO for an answer! Pitch a fit until they withdraw the application.

Met in a magical castle in Poland through our mutual love for Harry Potter. Now can not wait to spend our lives together!

Married: 08/08/2016 in Leavenworth, WA on the lovely Voldemort Day!

Accio Visa!!

USCIS Stage

I-130 Sent to Phoenix: 09/14/2016
I-130 NOA1: 2016-09-21
Transferred to Texas

I-130 NOA2: 2016-10-11

Sent to NVC: 2016-10-25

NVC Stage

*Delayed due to 2.5 week trip to Copenhagen to visit the hubby!*

NVC Received: 2016-11-01

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2016-11-10

IV Bill Received: 2016-11-01

DS-261/AOS Bill Received: 2016-11-15

AOS Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

IV Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

DS-261 Submitted: 2016-12-01

AOS Package Sent: 2016-12-05

AOS/Support Documents Scan Date: 2016-12-14

NVC Sent to Supervisor Review: 2017-01-26

NVC Sent to review Department: 2017-02-10

NVC Case Complete: 2017-03-06

Embassy Stage - Stockholm

Interview Scheduled: 2017-04-11

Entered the Country: 2017-06-20

ROC:

Package Delivered to PHX/Recieved Date: 2019-04-19

Creditcard Charged for Case: 2019-04-24

Text of Recieved date: 2019-04-25

Timeline

As a 30 year old, that should have been one of your first red flags! Not saying that large age gaps do not happen, but they are rare, and even more rare if all they are complimenting you on is your looks! You seem like a nice guy who is just down on himself! Finish with this drama, join some social clubs, maybe hiking or something active so you can start thinking positive about your looks as well, and meet some nice people and women! You do not want your daughter seeing this style of relationship and thinking it is normal and okay!

And YES Do not take NO for an answer! Pitch a fit until they withdraw the application.

Hmm wonder what you mean with this?

Age gap are not rare and big age gap in PI or with a PI is not rare at all.

Yes, it will take some effort to stop AOS now. But you neded to make the effort or you will be supporting this psycho (while she is with another guy) for the next 10 years, if not more. She has to work for it to end at 10 years, but based on what you said, she is not exactly high on work ethic, so you may be supporting her for longer. I think everybody is wondering why you would even sent AOS forms in the first place, seeing how crazy, unappreciative, demanding, manipulative, etc. she is. This woman should have been out of your life the first time she asked you to send money to her family, even before she came to the US. That's insane.

Anybody who sends money to his/her "fiance" overseas to support them is a bobo and is being played.

Edited by Eric-Pris

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Eric-pris, yes she went with me to post office to mail it. She got her finger prints and her temp work and travel card already. I thought she couldn't get the AOS, approved without first a interview with us both.

K-1 AOS applicants often receive their GC without an interview, so I would not count on that.

Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

Timeline

Yes, the misinformation line. I can't tell you how many times I called and got incorrect information. I think of the tier 1 operators on the phone as basically cashiers. They've got some minimal training and have been working a little while and are good at plugging things in the computer and reading the status. However, they aren't given the training or the access to your case file that a manager would be. A tier 2 person is like calling in the manager. When you call in the future and are getting answers that don't jive with what you've been told here, say "I know that simply is not the case and I'd like to speak to a supervisor" and keep insisting until you get what you want.

Best to go in person at this point, though.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

I don't think I came off with a attitude. If I did, it wasn't meant that way. I have now called 4 times. I talked to ter2, and a couple supervisors. They all say the same even it's a ongoing case that I can not withdraw the I-864 unless one of those 4 things have happened. They won't tell me anything about the case unless she is also on the phone and gives permission. I called my local office which is a few hours away. They said they won't accept any walk in and to try online next week to get a appointment. I have sent a email to them, but was told they won't even look at it without her permission and even then it can't be withdrawn. Maybe things have changed there and this is how it is now. I'm not giving up. I know I open myself up to some remarks on a public forum, but for the most part the responses have been very positive and helpful. I Have Talked To A Couple Of Lawyers And They Told Me To Do A Simple Divorce, But She Wants To Get Lawyers To Fight It out. I guess she will have to get legal aid on her side to get one. I have a appointment with one next week.

Timeline

I don't think I came off with a attitude. If I did, it wasn't meant that way. I have now called 4 times. I talked to ter2, and a couple supervisors. They all say the same even it's a ongoing case that I can not withdraw the I-864 unless one of those 4 things have happened. They won't tell me anything about the case unless she is also on the phone and gives permission. I called my local office which is a few hours away. They said they won't accept any walk in and to try online next week to get a appointment. I have sent a email to them, but was told they won't even look at it without her permission and even then it can't be withdrawn. Maybe things have changed there and this is how it is now. I'm not giving up. I know I open myself up to some remarks on a public forum, but for the most part the responses have been very positive and helpful. I Have Talked To A Couple Of Lawyers And They Told Me To Do A Simple Divorce, But She Wants To Get Lawyers To Fight It out. I guess she will have to get legal aid on her side to get one. I have a appointment with one next week.

Send the letter via FedEX overnight explaining you want to withdraw the application for xxx with case number xxx and so on.

And then get an appointment next week as soon as possible.

It IS possible to pull the I-864 when the GC has not been approved yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

She was a scammer

She is a scammer

She will be a scammer

You signed the I 864, presume you read it. Reading a post on another board yesterday where the wife wanted advice to obtain support using the I 864 after recently divorcing.

Do you want to go through that? OK with paying $20,000 plus a year potentially? Or do you want to do something now.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.