shadowflex

High Risk Countries! Submission of more Relationship Evidence at NVC stage!!!

65 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi all,

"Front loading" is a phrase i have come across a lot of times on VJ. It basically means submitting so many relationship documents at the petition submission stage. (I-130) as opposed to taking them with you on the interview day. For example, email logs, chat logs, phone call logs , wedding pictures, etc

"High Risk Countries" are supposed to be countries with high risk of fraud. Countries like Nigeria and other west and east African countries. Someone mentioned China, India and Vietnam too.

"Red Flag" is another phrase i have seen which means suspicion of spurious relationship between the petitioner and beneficiary. High indicators can be Age difference, racial difference, number of visit times and the list goes on and on.

I have been reading a lot about this front loading theories. Sadly we didn't submit much with the I-130, only copy of marriage certificate, change of name notification, 3 wedding pictures with both set of parents and that's all. We did not put chat logs, phone logs or email logs, even though we have 3 years Phone, Facebook and Skype logs. Just did not think it fit to put them. Now the petition is at NVC and we are about to send in the AOS package, do you think it would be awkward to send relationship evidence at this stage?

I do not think we have any red flag as the age difference is 5yrs, beneficiary is Nigerian, petitioner is a Nigerian with US LPR and has visited Nigeria 3 times in 3yrs. The only thing that may raise flags is lack of relationship evidence in my own opinion. What do you make of it? Do we go ahead and put this evidence at NVC stage?

Thanks for your anticipated comments.

Cheers!

I-130 (California Service Center)

Category: F2A (Nigeria)

2013-08-03:Got Marriedrose.gif

2013-09-06 : I-130 Sent

Priority Date: 9th Sep 2013

2013-09-07: I-130 Received
2013-09-11: NOA-1

2013-09-13: NOA1 (Hard copy)smile.png

2013-10-21 NOA2dancin5hr.gif

2013-11-04 Case arrived at NVC

2013-11-24 AOS fee billed and paid

2014-01-02 AOS package sent to NVC

2014-01-03 IV fee paid.

2014-01-06 AOS package delivered (USPS.com)

2014-01-08 IV DS260 filled and submitted

2014-01-29 False DS260 Checklistno0pb.gif

2014-02-18 Case Complete through phone

2014-02-26 Case Complete Email

2015-05-01 Interview Date ( 11th June 2015) over the phone :D

2015-05-07 Interview Letter arrived via Email :dancing:

2015-05-09 Medical Test Completed

2015-05-12 Case shows READY at CEAC portal

2015-06-11 Visa Approved!!! :energy:

2015-07-01 Picked up the Passport with visa!!!

2015-07-04 POE( Smooth Entry, no question asked)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

How does sending photos of your relationship result in a Case complete from NVC? I understand these photos or evidence of bona fide relationship (other than marriage certificate) will be required at the Interview. Nowhere does it mention on the DOS website that you need to send evidence proof of your relationship (other than your marriage certificate) to NVC as part of your IV doc package.

If i were you, i would stick to what NVC wants to verify from their DOS page and keep the Photos and other documentary evidence etc for the Interview.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

BTW, we did not send any photos or other supporting evidence to prove that our relationship is bona fide for NVC. Marriage certificate (Original and a copy) is all we sent to NVC to show that we are married. :-)

Edited by vkrishn

Hi all,

"Front loading" is a phrase i have come across a lot of times on VJ. It basically means submitting so many relationship documents at the petition submission stage. (I-130) as opposed to taking them with you on the interview day. For example, email logs, chat logs, phone call logs , wedding pictures, etc

"High Risk Countries" are supposed to be countries with high risk of fraud. Countries like Nigeria and other west and east African countries. Someone mentioned China, India and Vietnam too.

"Red Flag" is another phrase i have seen which means suspicion of spurious relationship between the petitioner and beneficiary. High indicators can be Age difference, racial difference, number of visit times and the list goes on and on.

I have been reading a lot about this front loading theories. Sadly we didn't submit much with the I-130, only copy of marriage certificate, change of name notification, 3 wedding pictures with both set of parents and that's all. We did not put chat logs, phone logs or email logs, even though we have 3 years Phone, Facebook and Skype logs. Just did not think it fit to put them. Now the petition is at NVC and we are about to send in the AOS package, do you think it would be awkward to send relationship evidence at this stage?

I do not think we have any red flag as the age difference is 5yrs, beneficiary is Nigerian, petitioner is a Nigerian with US LPR and has visited Nigeria 3 times in 3yrs. The only thing that may raise flags is lack of relationship evidence in my own opinion. What do you make of it? Do we go ahead and put this evidence at NVC stage?

Cheers!

If you didn't send much with the I-130 package, then in your case, I highly suggest you send whatever you have in the IV package. Remember, in a lot of cases, the CO has already made the decision on your case before you get to the interview. So, the more evidence you provide, the better your case will be.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I front loaded my application when I submitted the petition but I also sent additional pictures from another visit after we filed and chats and phone logs when I submitted his birthcertificate and police report I wont hurt for them to know in advance you have a relationship your spouse only has about 10 minutes when they are interviewed to prove a real marriage. Best wishes on your journey.

event.png

event.png

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Bring the evidence of bonafide marriage to your interview. No need to send it to NVC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

There are 2 points to front load a petition. When you submit it and then adding things at NVC. Fronting loading has become popular with scammers so it has become a red flag in itself. Supposedly the CO can only deny a petition if they discover something that was unknown when the petition was approved that sways them to override the initial approval. So front loading when you send the petition is sent in means the evidence was there when the petition was approved. Adding stuff later means that it wasn't there when the petition was approved. So items added later could in theory give the CO the evidence that didn't exist when the petition was approved that something was amiss and then they deny the petition. Will they use the extra evidence that way. It is a roll of the dice when you add stuff later.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

In my case, we sent our marriage certificate together with the i-130 and for supporting evidence we included our children's birth certificates.

For the NVC stage, we just sent the affidavit of support documents and my (beneficiary) civil documents.

For the interview I will bring family/wedding pictures, money remittance receipts, chat/email conversations and Skype video call logs/screenshots.

Filed: Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hi all,

Cheers!

Dont worry mate. My wife is 10 year seniour than me. We had 5 year long relationship n we got married this January. Those proof of relationship r needed on interview of benificiary. Just include letters, chat and email history, phone records, photos of your marriage and dates, mariage certificate, gifts, cards and other papers which can proov that u both were in relationship.... Other depends upon them.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Everyone is overlooking that this is going through Nigeria! What you sent in for PHL, Canada etc... Probably will not cut it in Lagos! I have been around enough to see a slew of denials coming from there... Decisions seem to be made before the interview... I say SEND IT IN ... Because omitting it and being denied takes a whole lot more time...

You might want to have this thread moved to the regional forum to get first hand experiences and advice from those going through this consulate...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline

Everyone is overlooking that this is going through Nigeria! What you sent in for PHL, Canada etc... Probably will not cut it in Lagos! I have been around enough to see a slew of denials coming from there... Decisions seem to be made before the interview... I say SEND IT IN ... Because omitting it and being denied takes a whole lot more time...

You might want to have this thread moved to the regional forum to get first hand experiences and advice from those going through this consulate...

Oh my, I never thought of it that way. unsure.png

Maybe it is a good idea to send additional evidence in (send copies, the original you bring to the interview). Make sure you write your CASE NUMBER legibly on the evidences.

Filed: Timeline

There are 2 points to front load a petition. When you submit it and then adding things at NVC. Fronting loading has become popular with scammers so it has become a red flag in itself. Supposedly the CO can only deny a petition if they discover something that was unknown when the petition was approved that sways them to override the initial approval. So front loading when you send the petition is sent in means the evidence was there when the petition was approved. Adding stuff later means that it wasn't there when the petition was approved. So items added later could in theory give the CO the evidence that didn't exist when the petition was approved that something was amiss and then they deny the petition. Will they use the extra evidence that way. It is a roll of the dice when you add stuff later.

A most excellent point.

I made sure to only send information that proved an ongoing relationship and only those that occurred after the petition was approved.

Yep.

Bring the evidence of bonafide marriage to your interview. No need to send it to NVC.

About the worst idea for this specific embassy. There's documented evidence of CO refusing to accept anything during the interview.

Timeline

About the worst idea for this specific embassy. There's documented evidence of CO refusing to accept anything during the interview.

I already corrected myself and I agreed that OP should mail the additional evidence to NVC. content.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

A most excellent point.

I made sure to only send information that proved an ongoing relationship and only those that occurred after the petition was approved.

Yep.

I also might add, that this consulate specifically, if you ve ANY additional documents to present at the time of interview... You MUST turn them in at the first window or they will not even be co,elected or glanced at... Lagos are some tough cookies, send it what you have (quality vs quantity) otherwise I fear the decision will be made before you even have a chance to show any of it! Good luck... Check in with the regional forum for more details on this.

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If you didn't send much with the I-130 package, then in your case, I highly suggest you send whatever you have in the IV package. Remember, in a lot of cases, the CO has already made the decision on your case before you get to the interview. So, the more evidence you provide, the better your case will be.

Totally agree. We sent our secondary evidence to the NVC with our IV application. And it seemed they had already reviewed what we sent and made their decision even before the embassy interview. I was never asked more than 3 or 4 questions before approval .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

There are many people from high risk countries who have sent additional supporting evidence to the NVC, especially Nigeria. Dwheels, who knows everything there is to know about Nigeria was one of those people. In many cases Nigeria doesn't allow couples to present additional evidence at the interview stage, but instead hand out a 221g requesting more evidence when they believe there isn't enough. In fact sometimes they just give a straight denial and don't even bother asking.. There is nothing wrong with sending more evidence to the NVC if you don't think enough was sent at the USCIS stage, in fact for Nigeria many people recommend it. Edited by mimolicious

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.