aidar

Immigration officer visit our home!

50 posts in this topic

CU6, so you are here because of the Cuban Adjustment Act and you are petitioning a spouse as a Cuban adjuster? These cases seem to be more fraudulent so they do extra checks.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, that's a red flag , for checking, CU6.

I think HIS divorce is a red flag as well, as he's seeking a green card after being in country on an overstay (which in itself is ok) after divorcing his tourist wife who is still in USA without status.

So on his side, the red flag might be the divorce from a tourist visa holder (who's still here in USA on an Overstay) combined with a marriage to a USCitizen.

On your side, that CU6 designation.

So - lob these two things to yer lawyer, see wot yer lawyer says.

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm going to make our story short. We married in February 2011 and sent the package with the applications about one month later. Our interview was in August 2011, in that interview they told us that we need to provide more proof. We sent all that they asked 3 weeks later. After that we never received any information, so we did an info pass and the officer (the same did the interview) told us that everything was fine that we have to wait. Since then every 6 months my husband called to customer service and they keep saying that everything was ok that just were waiting for the background check to came back. And suddenly 2 weeks ago ( saturday) 2 officers visited our home. That saturday I was working and my husband was out os state visiting his kids. My daughter was at home and they interrogated her and they called me but my cell was turned off and they called my husband and interrogated him by phone, they were very rude and intimidating, he keep leaving message (voice and text) on my phone. I called him next day and he schedule an appointment for monday. It was horrible! This officers were very rude and harassing us all the time, they were at our house about one hour 40 minutes ( yes almost 2 hours!) while one interrogated my husband the other one were with me in the sofa and while they interrogated me one of them were with my husband in the hallway ( yes, they even kick off my husband out). The officer did a tour for all the apartment asking him where everything was, plates, cups, clothes, etc. they check the bathroom, the bedroom and were all the time asking him where everything was. And Always telling my husband you are lying, you are gonna be in jail for this, you paid your wife, etc. My husband keep saying he was saying the true and answering all the questions but was very nervous. They even check his cell phone and his wallet. When was my turn they ask me questions for a long time and then before he leave he said I'm gonna keep calling and watching you. Since then We don't know nothing. We hired a lawyer one week ago but he didn't tell us nothing yet and this situation no knowing what's happening is driving us very anxious. Here we are almost 2 years later after our interview without an answer. Somebody can give us an advice? Somebody has hear of this home visit? What happen in this cases? Somebody has seen a similar situation? Anything that somebody say is gonna be appreciated. Thanks

When you say out of state visiting his kids..........

How often does he go to visit and how long does he stay? Are they from his ex-wife? If so, are they staying with her? Where does he stay when he goes to visit them? Did he, his ex-wife, and children all come here on a tourist visa and then stay?

What was the timeline from when he got here, to his tourist visa expiring, to his divorce, to him marrying you?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

When you say out of state visiting his kids..........

How often does he go to visit and how long does he stay? Are they from his ex-wife? If so, are they staying with her? Where does he stay when he goes to visit them? Did he, his ex-wife, and children all come here on a tourist visa and then stay?

What was the timeline from when he got here, to his tourist visa expiring, to his divorce, to him marrying you?

good question. Is he staying with his ex wife when he visits the kids?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yes, home visits can happen in some states.

What red flags does your case have?

Homeland Security Investigations made a home visit in my case too because my wife falsely accused me of human trafficking. She lied to her Catholic non-profit and they contacted ICE who sent the investigators.

What they found was a very nice home with a very happy baby and they dropped the human trafficking charges.

I think the other red flags in my case were the age difference and the false claims of abuse.

If you have evidence of a bona fide relationship and a good faith marriage that should be fine. I continue to be mystified by the inconsistency of investigation and search for evidence by USCIS.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Are these home visits to homes in the United states or abroad? and does your spouse live with you or not?

Our case is sitting at USCIS for the second time. I am in the United States and he is still in India. Is it possible they would visit my home in the US, or his in India, at any point?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi, I too went through a home visit.after submitting the asked documents i got telephone from embassy and the lady asked me many questions after one month of this two ladies from embassy came at our area and asked questions from our neighbors and then came at our home.I and my daughter both were not at home.the ladies were having three photos My, my daughter"s and my husband's. That time my younger sister and my mother was at home. so they asked many questions from my mother and they dint even give chance to my sister to talk single word and when she tried they said you are not allowed.My mother told them that if you want to talk with my daughter let me call her but they said no need to call her we want to talk with you.They were not so rude only one lady was talking and asking questions another one(she seems to be American African)was quite.After this much time has passed but no information has come our CR1 AND CR2 visa petitions are on AP its three months now .I am an Indian lady has daughter from previous marriage was living in Uganda and after divorce i am married now from 2010 with an American (not Indian)man,no age difference,our marriage was attended by my blood relation people only, it was a very simple religious marriage and i am living with my parents in Delhi from 2006. i think this is what is disturbing immigration department and we are still on Ap. we are happily married it third year is going on.I am waiting and checking the status every day to think one day a will get through of it.

Best of luck to every one who is struggling to join their loved ones in America God helps the true people.

Friends keep on sending updates so others will get knowledge too. Thanks every one.

I am so happy that you posted this. I too went through a home visit. My husband and I were married October 16, 2010. We did not have an interview until January 12, 2011. Our case was returned to USCIS. We received a notice of intent to revoke the petition on September 7, 2012. I then received a home visit on October 26, 2012. The officer was very nice. Asked me about 10 questions and then told me good luck. Then on December 7, 2012, I got notice that my case was transferred to Memphis for further processing. To date I have heard nothing else.

The officer told me that the visit was normal. Not all cases get the home visit, but not to worry. I am much older than my husband and this is probably our big red flag. But it does not matter about the red flags if you can prove that your marriage is real. I do not know why these officers were so rude to you, but maybe they were trying to help you overcome a red flag with their line of questioning. Anytime the USCIS is showing attention to your case, it is better than a denial. We just have to wait and deal with the next step when it comes.

I wish you the best and keep me up-to-date as will I.

Are any of the people involved in this even US citizens?

2011-05-21: Matched on eharmony (clearly not in my 60 mile radius preference!)

2011-07-30: Met in Ottawa

2011-08-28: Day I knew I wanted to spend my life with her

2012-01-21: I proposed, outside in the freezing cold!

2012-02-06: Mailed out K-1 via FedEX

2012-02-10: NOA1

2012-08-01: NOA2

2012-08-17: Packet 3 received (email)

2012-09-10: Packet 3 sent

2012-09-12: Packet 4 received (email) with request for 2 photos

2012-10-29: Medical in Toronto

2012-11-06: Interview - Approved!

2013-04-05: POE Thousand Islands

2013-04-20: Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Are these home visits to homes in the United states or abroad? and does your spouse live with you or not?

Our case is sitting at USCIS for the second time. I am in the United States and he is still in India. Is it possible they would visit my home in the US, or his in India, at any point?

I highly doubt anyone from USCIS or even a local consulate would make a home visit abroad. These must be in the USA for immigration fraud evaluations.

If you get a "visit" abroad, it wouldn't be a visit but more likely a counterterrorism interdiction. And those folks would be even less friendly!

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

I highly doubt anyone from USCIS or even a local consulate would make a home visit abroad. These must be in the USA for immigration fraud evaluations.

If you get a "visit" abroad, it wouldn't be a visit but more likely a counterterrorism interdiction. And those folks would be even less friendly!

Nope. Home visits can happen abroad. Someone from the consulate is sent out to interview people at their homes. The Op had a home visit for joint AOS in the US. Someone replied and said they had a home visit in the US for a NOIR after a failed spousal visa application. And the beneficiaries can have home visits abroad. All combinations possible.

Are any of the people involved in this even US citizens?

No. The petitioner is a GC holder from the Cuban Adjustment Act and their spouse can AOS based on the Cuban Adjustment Act.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I'm going to make our story short. We married in February 2011 and sent the package with the applications about one month later. Our interview was in August 2011, in that interview they told us that we need to provide more proof. We sent all that they asked 3 weeks later. After that we never received any information, so we did an info pass and the officer (the same did the interview) told us that everything was fine that we have to wait. Since then every 6 months my husband called to customer service and they keep saying that everything was ok that just were waiting for the background check to came back. And suddenly 2 weeks ago ( saturday) 2 officers visited our home. That saturday I was working and my husband was out os state visiting his kids. My daughter was at home and they interrogated her and they called me but my cell was turned off and they called my husband and interrogated him by phone, they were very rude and intimidating, he keep leaving message (voice and text) on my phone. I called him next day and he schedule an appointment for monday. It was horrible! This officers were very rude and harassing us all the time, they were at our house about one hour 40 minutes ( yes almost 2 hours!) while one interrogated my husband the other one were with me in the sofa and while they interrogated me one of them were with my husband in the hallway ( yes, they even kick off my husband out). The officer did a tour for all the apartment asking him where everything was, plates, cups, clothes, etc. they check the bathroom, the bedroom and were all the time asking him where everything was. And Always telling my husband you are lying, you are gonna be in jail for this, you paid your wife, etc. My husband keep saying he was saying the true and answering all the questions but was very nervous. They even check his cell phone and his wallet. When was my turn they ask me questions for a long time and then before he leave he said I'm gonna keep calling and watching you. Since then We don't know nothing. We hired a lawyer one week ago but he didn't tell us nothing yet and this situation no knowing what's happening is driving us very anxious. Here we are almost 2 years later after our interview without an answer. Somebody can give us an advice? Somebody has hear of this home visit? What happen in this cases? Somebody has seen a similar situation? Anything that somebody say is gonna be appreciated. Thanks

is your office Miami? just wondering because i'm in oakland park, waiting for decision after 2 interviews

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

Aidar, first of all don't feel bad, these things are happening very often now, and SPECIALLY in Miami,and specially with CU6s, I live there too and something worse happened to me with two officers that visited me at home the worst day they could come,in two years of marriage all the conditions they found never happened and happened during 3 hours and during those 3 hours they came to visit me and saw something that may looked like fraud but it wasn't, was a real life situation. I got devastated, few days later I went to a lawyer (a very good one) and he explained me the following:

Even if they deny your application there are many ways to overcome the issue.

If you have a real marriage stay calm, get a good lawyer (I think for what I read you don't have a good one)and continue with your life,even they deny your case, if they deny your NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) the day will come that not a rude officer but a fair Department of Justice judge in the BOA will review your case and get your husband approved.

Meanwhile take note of every detail about what happened so you don't forget them with time, start collecting all evidence you have to proof that what they found that day (if they found something wrong) was or a coincidence or nervousness due the aggressive behavior they showed, if there was a police officer present look for his name to have him as witness if needed.

Probably it will be a long way, months or even years but things will get straightened if you have a real marriage. If they made a bad report probably you will get a NOID, you have 30 days to answer, and probably that NOID will be denied as it goes to the same officer that sends you the NOID (yes,you will be asking the same person that says , "I am going to deny your case" to change his mind) most NOIDS get denied so don't get heart broken, after that the real battle will begin and you need to be prepared and have a good lawyer on your side.

Best luck y que Dios te Bendiga

Edited by waytogo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.