52 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello All,

I'm a US citizen and I got married in India in February 2012, in March I applied for CR1 VISA for my wife and she finally arrived here in US in December 2012. Since then we haven't connected properly and basically we are strangers in bedroom. Whenever I ask her about our sexual relation, she says she needs more time and sometimes says she is not interested. Since the marriage was arranged this topic never came before marriage and now I feel like me and my family (parents) are cheated.

Without waiting any longer and to avoid and chance of physical or mental abuse, I bought her a ticket to India and sent her back to her parents last week. Since then I haven't got a valid response from her family. All they are saying is that she needs more time and needs to adjust. However, I think there is some serious problem which they are trying to hide. We feel her family knew about this all along and tried to hide it from me and my family.

Please, can someone let me know what should I do?

• Should I file a complaint with Immigration department?
  • After all this I don't see we getting back together, so should I start the divorce process immediately?
  • Any suggestion on where I can find divorce information for Washington state?

Any sort of suggestions is really appreciated this matter.

Thanks.

Filed: Timeline

People are not commodities to be bought or sold; perhaps you have identified the issue which has put you in your current situation.

Before you jump to conclusions without understanding the situation... I spent 60 days with her and didn't complain, but I reached the peak of my patience level. I treated here really well and for our first anniversary took her to Las Vegas too. When I finally decided get serious about it, she didn't eat well and we couldn't look at each other. So, I had to send her immediately back to her parent house in India so she can be comfortable.

Edited by needvisahelp2013

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You seriously need to talk to her, not send her back. This is why I hate arranged marriages. Haven't you watched Hum dil da chuka sanam? Be patient and help her with whatever her issue is. Either she will fall in love with you for being such a great guy and everything well be great or you will have peace of mind you did the right thing.

As for who you can complain to. Just be patient, she has to go to another interview in 2 years to renew her green card and without a real relationship, it will fall through...she well have to leave. But I recommend trying to work it out.

idk about divorce.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why?

Your call

Google

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I certainly advise you and your family to not jump to suspicions of your wife and her family because that is CERTAINLY not going to make the situation better. Give them the benefit of the doubt when they tell you she needs more time. After all, for a woman, jumping into sex with someone who is by all means a stranger is pretty scary and wouldn't interest me either... You should both work on the romance and getting to know each other before rushing ahead physically. If your wife tells you she needs time then give her the time because if you try to force her along she is going to develop some pretty negative feelings/attitudes towards you. You should be encouraging feelings of affection and understanding instead. Please share what makes you think something is wrong with her, other than the fact that she is not overjoyed at sleeping with a stranger she hardly knows (sounds perfectly normal to me).

However, if you are so upset about how long it might take for her to warm up to you, you can't understand where she is coming from, and/or you are afraid of responding poorly to her (yelling, abuse) then please just divorce.

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

You can choose to give her time to adjust to being married to someone she was not in love with and may not be attracted to, OR you can get a divorce. Why on earth would you file a complaint to immigration? They're not the ones who arranged your marriage. YOU and HER decided that it was okay to marry someone you were not in love with. I don't care about cultural differences to be honest. When you make that choice, either stick to it or don't but it's no one's fault but your own if you don't. But don't ever think that you can force this issue. You can google how to divorce.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

correct me if im wrong... 60 days only? she stayed in us for 60 days and you call it quits?

thats the thing with arrange marriage... when you marry not because of love.. it wont last long... only done emotional harm... maybe it was her first time abroad... first time to be away from family.. you should have taken this into consideration.. some adjust for 1 year or more.. its not easy to be away from family...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You think her family knew she didn't want to have sex with you? seriously? This is why arranged marriages are backwards, you should marry for love, not because your family wants it. You want to file a complaint with immigration because you aren't getting?..again...SERIOUSLY?????? SMH no0pb.gif

There is no complaint to be made. If you really are disappointed with how the marriage is, then it is your right to terminate.

I will just say this: marriage is hard. To give up so soon because she wouldn't have sex with you is ridiculous. You barely knew each other and jumped into marriage.

Fernando & Michelle

12/05/2011 - Mailed I-129F
12/09/2011 - Received NOA1
12/21/2011 - Last updated by USCIS
04/12/2012 - Approved!
05/08/2012 - NVC received
05/09/2012 - Left NVC
05/14/2012 - Received at Consulate
06/25/2012 - Interview at Consulate, APPROVED!!!!
07/07/2012 - POE at JFK, easy.

09/28/2012 - Mailed I-485
11/09/2012 - Appointment for Biometrics
12/08/2012 - EAD and AP Card arrived in mail. No updates to USCIS website.
07/26/2013 - Approved, no interview.

04/30/2015 - Mailed I-751

06/03/2015 - Appointment for Biometrics

02/29/2016 - Approved, no interview.

03/14/2016 - Received 10-year Card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hello All,

I'm a US citizen and I got married in India in February 2012, in March I applied for CR1 VISA for my wife and she finally arrived here in US in December 2012. Since then we haven't connected properly and basically we are strangers in bedroom. Whenever I ask her about our sexual relation, she says she needs more time and sometimes says she is not interested. Since the marriage was arranged this topic never came before marriage and now I feel like me and my family (parents) are cheated.

Without waiting any longer and to avoid and chance of physical or mental abuse, I bought her a ticket to India and sent her back to her parents last week. Since then I haven't got a valid response from her family. All they are saying is that she needs more time and needs to adjust. However, I think there is some serious problem which they are trying to hide. We feel her family knew about this all along and tried to hide it from me and my family.

Please, can someone let me know what should I do?

• Should I file a complaint with Immigration department?
  • After all this I don't see we getting back together, so should I start the divorce process immediately?
  • Any suggestion on where I can find divorce information for Washington state?

Any sort of suggestions is really appreciated this matter.

Thanks.

Hello, one question: How long have you known her before you both got married? (just curious)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.