A new guy

My Girlfriend married another man to apply for green card

78 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Let her go for her GC with her current husband. See how she feels about you once she has it.

Package sent to: Chicago Office

Local Office: Saint Paul, MN

Primary Filings: I0-485, I-130, I-765

Date Filed : 11 Sept 2012

NOA Date : 17 Sept 2012

Bio. Appt.. : 12 Oct 2012

EAD in Production: 14 Nov 2012

EAD Received : 24 Nov 2012

Interview Date : 12 February 2013

Approved : 13 February 2013

GC in Production: 19 February 2013

GC Received: 25 February 2013

Petition to Remove Conditions (I-751)

Date of I-751 = 28 Jan 2015

NOA Date = 29 Jan 2015

Biometrics = 26 Feb 2015

Approved = 25 June 2015

Filed: Country: Singapore
Timeline

If the girl in question were a U.S. Citizen [assume born and raised in the USA to eliminate any other immigration issues]

1. Would you accept that she married another man to obtain something she wanted?
  2. Would you marry her once she divorced him after she got what she wanted from ?
  3. Would you marry her once she divorced him because she didn't get what she wanted from ?
  4. Would you want to be with her if she plainly told you that her number one goal was to obtain that something and that she expected you to provide it?

If any of those answers are NO, then why would her being an alien change things?

I also agree with the poster about the potential complications of the other man.

• Does he know she married him only for a Green Card?
  • Does he know that she is 'seeing' you?
  • How does/would he feel about his wife 'dating'?

If I were in your circumstances, the girl would be history. I would never speak with her again, no matter what her particular charms might be.

But really, you know all this. You know that something isn't right. That is why you came here asking.

Edited by EAS

If she love you she would never marry another guy and now when she realize "oops i made a huge mistake this husband of mine is such a _____" its already been clear when she marry that guy that she wanted a greencard when you wouldnt marry her.. Why would you want her now?

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Sadly, this woman is an obvious liar, fraudster, manipulator. While we don't know her back story and why she is just so desperate to stay in the US, I can tell you right now you are very lucky...that you didn't get sucked into her web of deceit a couple of months ago.

I am not a US citizen. But, think about how you, as a US citizen, are helping out your country by not being a willing victim of a non-US citizen who will stop at nothing to use the law to her benefit.

Also, remember that you deserve nothing less than honesty and love from a woman you choose to marry.

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

my thoughts,,,,,dude ....RUN

sounds like you are sleeping together and she said, oh yea... i married your buddy, but I really want you

just run and try to learn from life.

this does not to say all women are bad or all foreign women are bad,

life is a cow field,,,,watch where you step,

oh and your current situation,,,,wipe your feet

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

This woman married another man to get her green card. This tells me that:

1. Her main priority is the green card.

2. She really isn't serious about a relationship with you. Why would she even consider doing this if she had a genuine interest in you?

3. She has already seemingly committed visa fraud and the red flags for that will be raised when she swaps husbands to apply with you.

4. It seems she has a lot of issues and you may have many more problems in your future if you did get back together with her.

I imagine it hurts pretty bad. :( But she really did you a favor and if I were you I would run off and never look back.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

She could try for an annulment.

How does that help? She still needs to declare the marriage, and the annulment so it still looks bad. Plus what would be her reasons for the annulment? not all states allow it but depending on what she says it won't look good either.

It's just a mess.. and it doesn't change that she's interested in a GC more than a relationship.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

OK Lets play devils advocate bro. You love her you both marry go for the interview (Stokes)the IO ask if this is an ongoing

relationship as all your proofs have shown how this marriage got in the mix for 3 mths? Cant lie to the IO you have to

explain she marry someone else as you were dragging your feet. You cannot lie to them, the IO will then deny her because to

marry you is for immigration benefits. Man I know you probably being having your mind BLOWN by this lady right now, but she

already showed you her true colors, dont get played and dont get her pregnant because that may be her next trick.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

My two cents:

She is married. Does her husband know about you? Does he own a gun?

Anyway nothing is going to happen unless she gets divorced first in order to marry you.

Does her husband know about you? Does he own a gun?

Or...tell her to get her GC thru him while you enjoy the benefits with out the expense.

But...Does her husband know about you? Does he own a gun?

Then she can divorce him, marry you.Maybe

But...will her ex know where you live? Does he own a gun?

Whether him or her..your road kill.

Get off this road dude.

Filed: Timeline

Hello and regards,

I have been lazy and have not read all the replies but i did want to express my own opinion since it does seem like you would like to hear some opinions.

No Go.

That's it, that's all. Based on the facts of the matter as you present them, I think the whole situation is a solid No Go for you.

The reasons are not in need of enumeration.

I would, at all costs, avoid situations with the party in question that may lead to more specific situations leading to Fatherhood, if you know what I mean.

I hope this helps. It is my opinion, but I am not in your shoes.

Regards and sincerely,

Nascar Fan

Edited by nascarfan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am sorry but it sounds like she is more concern to have her green card. I can see how much you love her but whatever plans you both have, I hope it will be infavor for you. I am sure, her getting married to other guy will be a red flag and will be questioned.

GOD bless you!!

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

----------------------------------------

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/10/2010 ----- Filing date of I-129 F

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

02/22/2011 ----- Case being adjudicated

02/28/2011 ----- RFE, Waiver to file 2nd K-1 petition

03/04/2011 ----- RFE reply sent

03/08/2011 ----- RFE received and being reviewed at USCIS

03/17/2011 ----- NOA2 (I-129F approved)

03/23/2011 ----- NOA2 hard copy received

03/29/2011 ----- NVC received our Case

04/04/2011 ----- NVC letter received and case forwarded to US embassy Manila

04/08/2011 ----- US Embassy Manila received our case (Consulate)

04/15/2011 ----- Paid VISA at BPI

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

04/25/2011 ----- 1st day of Medical

04/26/2011 ----- 2nd day of Medical (I PASSED!! Thank you Lord!!)

05/13/2011 ----- Interview (221g - Case under Administrative Processing "AP")

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

----------------------------------------

My blog: All about my writings and essays

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't do it....run away as fast as you can. She obviously has no respect for you. Her actions have said enough.

Our Timeline
Started Talking as friends 7/2011
Became a couple 1/2012
Met in Canada 5/2012
Propsed as I knew she was the woman for me 5/3/2012.
Sent K-1 Off to the Chicago Lockbox 6/11/2012
NoA 1 6/13/2012
NoA 2 12/19/2012
Embassy Intervew 02/07/2013 (APPROVED)
Visa Recieved 2/14/2013
CFO Seminar 2/15/2013
Flight 3/1/2013 POE Detriot, MI, and then home to NC!!!!

Sent off AoS / EAD / AP Packet 7/19

NoA 1 EAD / AP / AOS 7/23

EAD / AP Card Recieved 9/27.

The wonderful world of the AoS....

I don't know you personally but from the information you shared to visajourney members I would not help GF. You have every right to not rush into marriage and your GF has to respect that decision. Now for her to go get married anyway and then reach back out to you is evil on her part. If this woman loves you, she would Never do this to you. The people who responding to your post don't want you to end up in a situation where you will be upset and have regrets. Marriage is a serious thing and many of us who are waiting to be with our loved ones are already going through alot.

Now when you ask about if her getting a divorce and you marrying the women who u did not want to marry before be a problem, I would think it will. We are dealing the government. Everything we do is being saved and the fact she has to divorce this friend and then get married to you will have government investigate. Who knows maybe this situation will make it more harder for the ones who have bonafide marriages(CR-1) and proof of a relationship (k1).

We know you love her but her actions show she don't love you. I think you should investigate your GF. See what/if she hiding something. She played you, time for you to play her but in a way your getting information. There are plenty of wolves in sheep clothing and we have to be on alert.

At the end of the day,you will have the final decision. If you decide to marry her congratulations and if you don't congratulations. No regrets.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.