A new guy

My Girlfriend married another man to apply for green card

78 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Normal women do not get married just for a green card. What you have here is not a normal woman. Are you sure you want to spend the rest of your life with a ticking time bomb? Think about it. What is it that's making you feel so guilty and responsible for this non-normal woman? You have no children together. You own no property together. You do not run a business together. There are so many fish in the sea. You are giving her way too much slack. 2 years from now you'll feel either two things about her. That she was the worst person you ever dated or that marrying her was the biggest mistake of your life.

Show Timeline:

Apr 2009 - We first met. Fear at first sight!
Apr 2009 - First date--actually to bernie c's wedding no less!
Aug 2009 - promise ring
Nov 2009 - moved in together
Mar 2010 - pregnant!
May 2010 - engagement
Jun 2010 - wedding
Dec 2010 - its a girl!
Dec 2010 - signed marriage cert
May 2012 - got CRBA and passport for baby
06-16-2012 - I-130 Package sent for CR1 spousal visa
06-26-2012 - NOA-1 -> CSC
10-04-2012 - NOA-2
10-23-2012 - Paid AOS / Emailed DS-3032
11-08-2012 - Paid IV
11-21-2012 - Mailed AOS/IV packets
12-12-2012 - Received Checklist for Police Certificate (missing translation)
12-12-2012 - Mailed Translated PC
12-21-2012 - Case Completed at NVC. Qualified for IR1 visa
03-19-2013 - Interview

06-21-2012 - USCIS received I130 from abroad
06-26-2012 - NOA-1 -> CSC
10-04-2012 - NOA-2
12-21-2012 - Case Completed at NVC
03-19-2013 - Interview - Passed!

04-04-2013 - POE LAX 2 hour wait My parents picked us up!

04-16-2013 - Received green card

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Op! I hope she really loves you but to me she was desperate enough to commit immigration fraud and that is a red flag for me. I would let her try to figure it out with her new husband.

Our love began in 2010....our Journey in 2012 (January) and now we are at peace until 2014!

Timeline (kinda-- Im not putting exact dates- just months~)

--January 2012-- Sent our I-485 and I-130 packet off :)

--February 2012-- Touch-- Need more evidence.

--February 2012-- Sent more evidence.

--March 2012-- Biometrics and Doctors App (around the same time)

--June 2012-- (BIG PROBLEM) Immigration sent us a 'DENIAL' letter due to not having a sponsor (I thought we didnt need one)

--June 2012-- we hired a lawyer and got a sponsor, got the I-290B Motion to Appeal or Reopen had everything sent off by the end of July 2012.

--October 2012-- OUR APPEAL WAS APPROVED (breath easy, we didn't have to wait too long)

--October 2012-- Work permit sent-- got SSN

--November 26th, 2012-- AOS interview-- Got sent out told to get a translator and new interview date would be sent. :(

--January 8th, 2013-- Second interview...went well but no idea if we were approved or denied....VERY STRESSFUL!!

--January 15th, 2013-- APPPPPPRRRROOOOVVVEEEED!!!!!! (checked on USCIS web site)

--January 18th, 2013-- Card Production Ordered....welcome letter (hard copy) in the mail!!! :)

--January 24th, 2013--CARD IN HAND!!! DONE!!!!!

on-beach-at-sunset.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Normal women do not get married just for a green card. What you have here is not a normal woman. Are you sure you want to spend the rest of your life with a ticking time bomb? Think about it. What is it that's making you feel so guilty and responsible for this non-normal woman? You have no children together. You own no property together. You do not run a business together. There are so many fish in the sea. You are giving her way too much slack. 2 years from now you'll feel either two things about her. That she was the worst person you ever dated or that marrying her was the biggest mistake of your life.

exactly....let her take care of her fraudulent problem...she might get lucky and just pass with flying colors (like alot of fake marriages) and stay her boyfriend....dont take on the responsibility....if she loves you she will stay with you even if ur not doing her papers and she has a friend helping her instead.

Our love began in 2010....our Journey in 2012 (January) and now we are at peace until 2014!

Timeline (kinda-- Im not putting exact dates- just months~)

--January 2012-- Sent our I-485 and I-130 packet off :)

--February 2012-- Touch-- Need more evidence.

--February 2012-- Sent more evidence.

--March 2012-- Biometrics and Doctors App (around the same time)

--June 2012-- (BIG PROBLEM) Immigration sent us a 'DENIAL' letter due to not having a sponsor (I thought we didnt need one)

--June 2012-- we hired a lawyer and got a sponsor, got the I-290B Motion to Appeal or Reopen had everything sent off by the end of July 2012.

--October 2012-- OUR APPEAL WAS APPROVED (breath easy, we didn't have to wait too long)

--October 2012-- Work permit sent-- got SSN

--November 26th, 2012-- AOS interview-- Got sent out told to get a translator and new interview date would be sent. :(

--January 8th, 2013-- Second interview...went well but no idea if we were approved or denied....VERY STRESSFUL!!

--January 15th, 2013-- APPPPPPRRRROOOOVVVEEEED!!!!!! (checked on USCIS web site)

--January 18th, 2013-- Card Production Ordered....welcome letter (hard copy) in the mail!!! :)

--January 24th, 2013--CARD IN HAND!!! DONE!!!!!

on-beach-at-sunset.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Gowon - come on !! Jump in, the water's fine!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

ok - here's something tamer.

reply only to my posts here in this topic, aye?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The only thing i can advice you is this:

If she really love you the matter of a GC won't be an issue in your relationship, i been in visa journey for a while now and i read terrible stories and a lovely ones, for the way that you told us your story with her, it seems she is just playing with you.

Is not important if she lives with you or not, the main thing is that she want to commit a fraud with us gov and that is the part that she care about, not you or your feelings or anything that is not her...

I can tell you just one thing more... any person is valuable and no one deserve to be played or to get into a trouble because a person that will never give you what you deserve.... i bet you can find better options and real love somewhere else....

I love you Charles forever!!

! dveMm6.png

N-400 Waiting to be schedule for Oath Ceremony 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

this has GREEN CARD FRAUD written all over it.

backwards. forwards. and in 20 different languages.

i feel like im being trolled.

oldlady.gif

• 1 month later...

GC aside for just a second.... So did she cheat on you with her current husband the same way she cheated with you on her first prospect? Dude, I hope you see that you are a rung on a ladder to this woman and obviously not the top one!

OK GC issue back…First divorce is not that quick, 6 months minimum in most states with no kids and that is if nether fights it. When does her current visa expire? Even then…Really? Fraud all over it no matter how you look at it. If you go through with it expect what you got coming! A stokes interview would be the least of your worries!

Finished!

Haven't read all the replies but your question is really what effect this would have on an application for a green card if you made it, right?

Both couples must advise of ALL previous marriages and divorces.

So, how is it going to look if you give a year's proof of evidence of a relationship (photos, emails, testimonies etc.) and then oh look, marriage to John Doe for 2 months in the middle of it? Then they divorce/annul and you two marry?

Sorry buddy. As others have suggested in the few posts I read, she needs to go home and do this legitimately like other people do if you want a chance to not get pulled into some immigration fraud. Leave her to finish up this mess with her 'husband'.

See my timeline for my expedited I-130 application due to military pcs

n-400

Expedited naturalization (under s 319(b) INA) due to military pcs

n-400 sent: 2013-02-02

NOA1: 2013-02-15

Biometrics date rec: 2013-02-15

Biometrics date: 2013-03-07 (EB walk in 2013-02-20)

Second biometrics: 2013-03-19 (First set unclassifiable)

Inline for interview: 2013-03-21

Testing/interview date: 2013-03-27

Oath ceremony: 2013-03-27

Moving to Germany! 2013-04-13

I'm A United States Citizen

Filed: Timeline

So dude was this a consumated marriage ? How could she just up and marry if U both in love?

unless it was business (which is illegal& a fraud) how U know she's not wanting this GC by any means

necessary, no doubt you love her but please read some of the horror stories here, go slowly, of course

even though she did not file paper-work she still have to send in divorce papers and she will be asked

about it, good luck on this journey.

i agree 100%

she is probably just another user.

Timeline

alas the OP hasn't been here , logged in, since the 3rd o January.

It'd be great if'n he comes back and tells us more, aye?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

alas the OP hasn't been here , logged in, since the 3rd o January.

It'd be great if'n he comes back and tells us more, aye?

Probably wont see him back.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.