slumdog

My CR-1 visa interview is next week I NEED HELP!!!

58 posts in this topic

Well she ended it first and I felt like she is already seeing someone else.I just started seeing this other person Feb ..Besides the application isn't stopped as we both agreed on the divorce when I get there, all I need do is sign the papers which is not a big deal as far as am concern.Not all loving marriages that starts good lasts forever unfortunately I am a victim of such. It is a mutual agreement that when I get there since the interview is already next,that we will be taking the divorce but of course myself and this other woman wants to be with each other..Just because a good relationship ended so fast and rough does not mean another can't begin..My question is which y'all have not answered is,Do I get a chance to still be with my new gf if we get married after the divorce? How hard is this question??? Myself and my ex to be are still friends...she does not want me to deported,just felt like she lost it...That's all.

Why should we help you to commit a crime? FRAUD is a crime, that's what both you and your wife are trying to commit. Again, I will say this it's your call.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Well she ended it first and I felt like she is already seeing someone else.I just started seeing this other person Feb ..Besides the application isn't stopped as we both agreed on the divorce when I get there, all I need do is sign the papers which is not a big deal as far as am concern.Not all loving marriages that starts good lasts forever unfortunately I am a victim of such. It is a mutual agreement that when I get there since the interview is already next,that we will be taking the divorce but of course myself and this other woman wants to be with each other..Just because a good relationship ended so fast and rough does not mean another can't begin..My question is which y'all have not answered is,Do I get a chance to still be with my new gf if we get married after the divorce? How hard is this question??? Myself and my ex to be are still friends...she does not want me to deported,just felt like she lost it...That's all

LOL @ Life's journey.. Define crime?

You proceed with a petition to uunite a family, when you knew going to the interview that the family had already started the process of dissolving. Your wife has asked you for a DIVORCE. BTW, getting the visa is not the finally call, If you obtain a divorce before it is time to ROC, you must ROC immediately after the divorce.

SO, do you think the US would believe that your marriage was a legit marriage if you are divorce as sooon as you land upon US soil.

Leave that to the US to decide...We both know it was real and she isn't all gaga about it,unfortunately it did not work out as planned(I am not first victim in this case and won't be the last we could have patched and manage the marriage to my 10yrs if we wanted it fraudulent)....She went off track and left me stranded(apologized though hurt considering we both have put some much in this.) and I found someone who picked me up.We get the divorce we remain friends and I get married to my new found love...Don't mind how long the process is going to take and can't be bothered as long as am with the woman I'm happy and in love with.How does that sound in your ears?

The question again is,the interview is next week,I can't turn it down now can I...If granted the visa,and the divorce process is over ,do I stand a chance to file for I-1750 waiver or get married to my new girlfriend after the divorce this is all I need to know.I am very positive I'd get the visa.

Yes you can choose to not attend the interview. It might be a better option than misrepresenting the relationship you are now in.

What you are attempting to try will not work. You need to cancel the interview, get a divorce right where you are. Perhaps you ought to meet this new girlfriend in person before you decide you are really in love and want to marry?

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Why should we help you to commit a crime? FRAUD is a crime, that's what both you and your wife are trying to commit. Again, I will say this it's your call.

If I understand the terms correctly, it is prohibited for anyone on this forum to answer what you are asking, OP. No one here is to judge if you want to bounce from American woman to American woman, but it should not be to serve the purpose of staying permanently in the US, which is clearly a priority for you.

edit: Oh yeah, you're not a victim, stop that.

Edited by amyandjorge

Lifesjourney said it best: Then do it the right way get a divorce and let your new love petition for you.

It's not too late to withdraw your application and start over. If you and the new woman are determined to be together, then surely you can start the process over with her, and avoid material misrepresentation by going ahead with an application with a wife you no longer plan to be with. Also, I don't think you need to be in the same country to get a divorce, so going to the US to sign divorce papers isn't necessary.

I don't mean to judge but if you and your wife have been having problems, and you wanted to try and fix the marriage, why this big rush to make plans to be with another woman already?

Consulate: South Africa
Married: 2011-06-25
I-130 Sent: 2011-07-22
I-130 NOA1: 2011-07-25
I-130 Approved: 2011-07-27
Receive I-864 Package: 2011-11-10
Return Completed I-864: 2011-11-14
Packet 3 Received: 2011-11-10
Packet 3 Sent: 2011-11-10
Packet 4 Received: 2011-11-15
Interview Date: 2011-11-30
Interview Result: Approved
Visa Received: 2011-12-06
US Entry: 2012-01-11
Port of Entry: San Francisco

ROC I-751 Filed: 2013-12-19

NOA1: 2013-12-23

Biometrics: 2014-01-16

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You. Will. Be. Committing. Fraud. End. Of. Story.

USCIS- 260 Days

6/8/11~ Mailed I-130 Application, withdrew Canadian PR application
6/16/11~ NOA1 email and text message Case routed to CSC (Priority Date)
7/12/11~ The 'Money Order' Incident/Returned to Tennessee
8/03/11~ TOUCHED!
3/2/12~ APPROVED! NOA2!

NVC Electronic Processing- Montreal- 19 Days

3/21/12~ Received case number & IIN 20 Days after NOA2
3/21/12~ Sent in opt-in email
3/22/12~ Opt-in accepted
3/23/12~ DS-261 Submitted, never accepted
3/29/12~ AOS bill invoiced and paid
3/30/12~ AOS shows PAID- AOS Package emailed/received, DS-3032 emailed/accepted
4/2/12~ IV bill invoiced and paid
4/3/12~ AOS Checklist documents emailed(first time)
4/4/12~ IV shows PAID- DS-260 submitted/ IV Package emailed/received
4/4/12~ AOS Checklist documents sent again for CYA (second time)
4/5/12~ IV package accepted! No Checklists!
4/6/12~ AOS Checklist emailed(third time)
4/9/12~ AOS packet accepted (finally)
CASE COMPLETE!!

Interview 354 days from NOA1/ 362 days from initial filing date
5/29/12~ Medical@ Medisys, Montreal
6/4/12~ Interview APPROVED!!!
08/07/2012~ POE Emerson, MB/Pembina, ND by land
08/09/2012~ HOME!! 424 days from initial filing date!
08/14/2012~ SSN Received
09/10/2012~ Received Green Card

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

This journey will not end well for you. Heed this warning. You are setting yourself up for a long long painful journey with the possibility of being barred from entering the USA forever (i.e. no chance of having some other petitioner ever petition for you).

Your significant other wants a divorce. Anything you say at the interview now will be considered as misrepresentation of material fact. Even if you somehow miraculously get the visa, as soon as you enter the USA, if you immediately sign the divorce papers, you will then have to file for ROC immediately. You have a slim to NONE chance of getting that approved, at which point you will be deported for a long painful journey back to Nigeria.

Edited by sulhaq

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ok I had time to regroup after reading the questions. I suppose the part that will be fraud and a crime is when you sign the visa application based on a bonafide marriage and have intent to arrive and get divorced that is visa fraud. You may have had a valid marriage at first now you don't therefore coming here on that pretence is illegal. Noone is trying to give you a hard time, just informing you to give you a better opportunity to be with the one you love the girlfriend I suppose. If you intent to be with her then you have to first get divorced, then start over prove that you have a valid relationship with the girlfriend. Good luck on that considering you met her while married.

Just food for thought but the COs do have access to these same forums, if you put it on the internet it is public information.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

If you wish to do things the right way, which, given your choice of words and desperation to remain in the US, (for example, "take a chance") you have no desire to do so -- you would cancel your interview based on the fact that your current marriage is no longer viable, divorce your current wife, MEET your "girlfriend" (I am sorry, I can't help but laugh when a grown man calls a woman he has never met and spoken to online for a month or so his "girlfriend" and claims to be so in love) and then, if things work out, possibly proceed with another petition.

Like a previous poster, I, and I am certain I can speak for many others in legitimate relationships, have no wish to help you commit immigration fraud.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.