slumdog

My CR-1 visa interview is next week I NEED HELP!!!

58 posts in this topic

Hello everyone..I am a new member on here though I often come on to read forums for guidelines and you guys have been of great help since the day myself and my wife started my CR-1 visa application..Now I got a problem I have been trying to solve,searched on here and even google but no related topics. My wife is 23 a US citizen and I am 29...We met through a friend,we became friends,lovers and she came down to my country,we got married and we started the CR-1 process. Everything's been going great since and during all stages of the process until lately while awaiting my interview date..She wrote me saying she doesn't think she wants to continue with our marriage and that when I do come over we will have to get divorce and also that I will have to stay at my friend's when there though she'd pick me from the airport(How cruel).I have invested virtually everything I have in this relationship because I truly love her,not only did I invest,my heart,my time(a whole year in anticipation to meet my wife),emotions not to mention tons of money that I send to her to support her when she is broke which I can't be bothered about because I truly loved her. So now I got an interview date, got all the required documents I think need to take with me except her phone record which she has been reluctant about sending,she promised to send tonight though because my interview is next week.Though most of our communications has been via email,chats and voice note plus a little phone calls which use to be lots until she changed and she can only get record for the past 3months.In all we have exchanged over 4000 emails everyday since we met till date but I still think I need the phone record. Our issues have been on going since January and I have tried all my possible best to make us work but she seem to have moved on. Along the line I met this female friend sometimes in February who also lives in the US different state though,we got talking and very close,I told her about my relationship and how terribly hurt I am,she was there and as been for me as a friend,and we found ourselves in love with another and for real.My problems and questions now lies as follows:

1: Is there a possibilty I get the visa in absence of the phone record/bill? as she can't be predicted

2: What happens to me after I get the divorce upon my arrival?

3: Do I still get to stay in US after the divorce is over?

4. My new girlfriend who is 26 and more matured in reasoning really wants me so much that she wants us to get married after the divorce,can this happen?Because I do love her

5.I basically just need general advice regards this whole situation..I have done so much for this girl to have me come over there and get deported after everything I have done for her knowing the divorce isnt my decision but hers for no justified reason(s). please help...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

If this marriage has no chance of survival, why bother moving all the way across the Atlantic, in the first place? That's no fun.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Well other than the fact that I invested so much in it..I already found someone whom we are deeply in love with each other.........and why not take the chance instead of starting all over again..The question is,is there a possibility I still get married to my girl friend after the divorce is over?Besides the interview is next week I just can't quit.

Did I read this correct, you are going for a Souse visa, your wife wants to divorce you and you already have a new girlfriend. If, now I say If you get a visa out of Nigeria with all of this going on, you would be one luckly person.

Do not fall into a trap which may get you a life time ban from the US.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

She still writes and calls when she needs money.....Besides my going now isn't to save the marriage no more as I have tried so much but to turned. My going right now is to be with my this other lady whom will love each other so much...And willing to give me all I want in a woman.I recently just found out my ex can't have kids for the next couple of years because of some surgery she did..and this other lady is so willing we both seem to want the same...I wish I had met before this time waster.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Moving from K1 fiance to CR-1 spousal visa forum ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

If you are successful in getting the visa -- which, for Nigeria, is a long shot, anyway, remember you will be committing material misrepresentation: claiming that all is hunky dory in your marriage when your wife has indicated that she has no inclination of continuing to be in a legal relationship with you -- you're going to go to the US, file for divorce, have to file ROC which is going to be a hard-sell that you entered the marriage in good faith when you will have no evidence of financial co-mingling and co-habitation or even giving it a shot, marry ANOTHER USC and file again. Can you see this going well?

Because I sure can't. blink.gif

But hey, what do I know? Maybe someone else will come along and tell you what you want to hear.

Edited by sachinky

event.png

Well Slumdog whatever decision you may decide, just hope you don't set yourself up for a BIG failure. Mis-rep any information to the immigration gets you a LIFE time ban, It's your call.

Timeline
.and why not take the chance instead of starting all over again..

Yeah, material misrepresentation and a lifetime ban from the US is not a "chance" I'd take lightly.

no0pb.gif

Edited by sachinky

event.png

Well what are you guys suggesting I do at this point as my interview is already next week...? Her intention is for me to come,sign the papers...stay for a while if I want to...and whatever comes after the divorces comes after it. As for my new girl friend, she is aware about the issues we are having and I really do not think time or meeting someone in person yet as to anything to do with what your hearts feels...I just need a general advice on what to do should I get the visa...Its obvious I would stay put if not granted.

The question again is,the interview is next week,I can't turn it down now can I...If granted the visa,and the divorce process is over ,do I stand a chance to file for I-1750 waiver or get married to my new girlfriend after the divorce this is all I need to know.I am very positive I'd get the visa.

So what happens if you go to the interview and something come up to dispute the legit of your marriage and you tell a small white lie that will ganish you a life time ban, What is your plan then?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.