slumdog

My CR-1 visa interview is next week I NEED HELP!!!

58 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Okay I have to agree with the rest there is a BIG misrepresentation on both sides. In my opinion you sending money to her looks like you're "buying" her. And you say she still is ask. Even though she wants a divorce. Not a good sign.

Who's to say that when you get to the states (which I doubt you will) she doesn't call ICE and say "my husband set me up in a marriage fraud and i can prove it, he has a girlfriend". How do you know she hasn't already called to have the application stopped. You have no timeline so I don't know how many years you have been married, under 2 years or over ?

It's a mess and frankly makes me mad because its these kinds of things that makes it so impossibly hard to get a dang Visa for those of us who do love, cherish and adore each other. I do feel for you. But I guess just dishearten that through this what year you were talking to another woman instead f your wife and started something up before you ended something else.

Thats a little harsh to say you doubt he will get the visa that is not very nice. Further more the OP asked one simple question and everyone has offered good advice or good opinions but the OP asked if and when he is granted the visa can he divorce once he gets here and marry someone else? To answer your question Slumdog YES if you do get the visa and you arrive in the USA you in fact can divorce and marry someone else...The OP did not ask for everyone to judge him seriously people sometimes the unsolicited advice here can be a bit much.....Goodluck to you slumdog! :thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Thats a little harsh to say you doubt he will get the visa that is not very nice. Further more the OP asked one simple question and everyone has offered good advice or good opinions but the OP asked if and when he is granted the visa can he divorce once he gets here and marry someone else? To answer your question Slumdog YES if you do get the visa and you arrive in the USA you in fact can divorce and marry someone else...The OP did not ask for everyone to judge him seriously people sometimes the unsolicited advice here can be a bit much.....Goodluck to you slumdog! :thumbs:

I don't see how it's harsh. He specifically said he does not intend to repair his marriage and is intending to marry another person who did not petition him. The CR-1 visa is meant to reunite families in the US. He will not be using the visa for its intended purpose, but rather in order to enter the US to be with this other person. He outright said "I just can't quit [the process]" since he wants to hurry up and get to the US and make babies with another woman who didn't happen to have surgery preventing her from making babies for two years.

:bonk:

Wow Patient, the OP can do anything he wants, I don't think that was just what he was asking. He could fly to moon if someway or some how that process is granted him, but is it a posssibility. NO. He didn't need to come on an immigration board to ask if he could get a divorce and re-marry.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Along the line I met this female friend sometimes in February who also lives in the US different state though,we got talking and very close,I told her about my relationship and how terribly hurt I am,she was there and as been for me as a friend,and we found ourselves in love with another and for real.

Whoa. Email NVC now, tell them you are withdrawing your DS-230, visa application because of upcoming divorce proceedings.

NVC will forward your withdrawal request to the IV Unit in Nigeria - they will yank you out of the queue.

That's the fastest way, fwiw, to stop the interview.

OTOH, you could show up, and at the interview, mention that you are withdrawing your DS-230 Visa Application, in person, with a Visa Officer. They can handle the withdrawal request right there. They will ask, of course, so you tell them you have an upcoming divorce with your petitioner.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can comment directly on this, but... OP, when you go to your interview, you will be asked to sign a statement on the DS-230 Part II that states:

"I understand that any willfully false or misleading statement or willful concealment of a material fact made by me herein may subject me to permanent

exclusion from the United States and, if I am admitted to the United States, may subject me to criminal prosecution and/or deportation."

It seems to me that intended dissolution of a marriage via which you are applying for US residency would be a material fact willfully concealed in this case.

Hello everyone..I am a new member on here though I often come on to read forums for guidelines and you guys have been of great help since the day myself and my wife started my CR-1 visa application..Now I got a problem I have been trying to solve,searched on here and even google but no related topics. My wife is 23 a US citizen and I am 29...We met through a friend,we became friends,lovers and she came down to my country,we got married and we started the CR-1 process. Everything's been going great since and during all stages of the process until lately while awaiting my interview date..She wrote me saying she doesn't think she wants to continue with our marriage and that when I do come over we will have to get divorce and also that I will have to stay at my friend's when there though she'd pick me from the airport(How cruel).I have invested virtually everything I have in this relationship because I truly love her,not only did I invest,my heart,my time(a whole year in anticipation to meet my wife),emotions not to mention tons of money that I send to her to support her when she is broke which I can't be bothered about because I truly loved her. So now I got an interview date, got all the required documents I think need to take with me except her phone record which she has been reluctant about sending,she promised to send tonight though because my interview is next week.Though most of our communications has been via email,chats and voice note plus a little phone calls which use to be lots until she changed and she can only get record for the past 3months.In all we have exchanged over 4000 emails everyday since we met till date but I still think I need the phone record. Our issues have been on going since January and I have tried all my possible best to make us work but she seem to have moved on. Along the line I met this female friend sometimes in February who also lives in the US different state though,we got talking and very close,I told her about my relationship and how terribly hurt I am,she was there and as been for me as a friend,and we found ourselves in love with another and for real.My problems and questions now lies as follows:

1: Is there a possibilty I get the visa in absence of the phone record/bill? as she can't be predicted

2: What happens to me after I get the divorce upon my arrival?

3: Do I still get to stay in US after the divorce is over?

4. My new girlfriend who is 26 and more matured in reasoning really wants me so much that she wants us to get married after the divorce,can this happen?Because I do love her

5.I basically just need general advice regards this whole situation..I have done so much for this girl to have me come over there and get deported after everything I have done for her knowing the divorce isnt my decision but hers for no justified reason(s). please help...

Holy Jesus.... I now need a stiff drink, just to recover from No. 5 - quoting "I have done so much for this girl to have me come over there and get deported after everything I have done for her......"

Timeline

How in the world is what I say is harsh. I haven't called him any names or even judged him but really if you read what I said put up the warning signs for him to watch for his care and welfare.And how would he be able to get a GC after divorcing soon as he gets here and signs papers. He hasn't even went through AOS or ROC. Sure he can do whatever the heck he wants and marry whoever he wants no one has stated he can't he asked can he and stay here. You said yes. How?

Sorry Slumdog if you thought me harsh or abit much. I just was concerned for your welfare and wanted you to be prepared in-case old girl changes mind and wants to make things difficult.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

I am sorry that you are going through this, BUT most likely is and when you get to the states and ICE finds out about all of this (which im sure they will) b/c in order for you to get a green card and be able to stay you have to go to a interview w you and you WIFE that you married and filed the application with will have to attend its not just getting the visa and then getting to stay there is still a process afterwards, i dont even know what to tell you except that ICE will probably look at all of this as FRAUD which will ban you from the states for LIFE. You are trying to come here get a divorce and then marry another USC; sorry but doesnt look like you have much of a choice but to just call the whole thing off and start all over again, which also will be very hard to do especially with you just filing for this once already; idk seems like a sticky situation but i guess whatever you decide is up to you! GOOD LUCK!

Timeline

How in the world is what I say is harsh. I haven't called him any names or even judged him but really if you read what I said put up the warning signs for him to watch for his care and welfare.And how would he be able to get a GC after divorcing soon as he gets here and signs papers. He hasn't even went through AOS or ROC. Sure he can do whatever the heck he wants and marry whoever he wants no one has stated he can't he asked can he and stay here. You said yes. How?

Sorry Slumdog if you thought me harsh or abit much. I just was concerned for your welfare and wanted you to be prepared in-case old girl changes mind and wants to make things difficult.

OP wont have to AOS or ROC he is under CR1/IR1 I guess I am just confused how everyone is judging him that is up for the COs to decide in Lagos whether he is a fraud or not....just my opinion....moving on :) Didnt mean to offend u if I did with I think what u said was harsh statement. I just always tell myself I am not the judge or jury the CO is when it comes to visa issuance so pls dont be offended and I am not offended about anything said in this thread because everyone has there own opinion.........

Edited by patient2010

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

68z00wwuiyl.png

Timeline

OP wont have to AOS or ROC he is under CR1/IR1 I guess I am just confused how everyone is judging him that is up for the COs to decide in Lagos whether he is a fraud or not....just my opinion....moving on :)

CR1 must remove comditions after 2 years and to walk into the embassy to seek a visa based on his relationship is as much fraud as to send emails out pretending to be a rich Nigerian prince in need of help sneaking gold out of the country. Just because he is Nigerian does not make lying to immigration officers OK. He will swear to tell the truth and them asked about his relationship with his wife. If he tells the truth he will be denied. If he comes based on a false relationship he will be found out and deported with a non waiverable bad when he applies for ROC. ( One that he is going out of his way to deserve ) He claims he can't not go to the interview. What is keeping this concened young man from calling as telling them his marriage has collasped ? Nothing but his feeling that he has already paid the woman for his visa and he has a right to collect it. Not only has he paid a woman for his visa he has lined up another to replace the first while still married to the one he paid to petition him. I am sure as soon as he can get a better place in the US woman number 2 will be left for another stepping stone to something better.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

OP wont have to AOS or ROC he is under CR1/IR1 I guess I am just confused how everyone is judging him that is up for the COs to decide in Lagos whether he is a fraud or not....just my opinion....moving on :) Didnt mean to offend u if I did with I think what u said was harsh statement. I just always tell myself I am not the judge or jury the CO is when it comes to visa issuance so pls dont be offended and I am not offended about anything said in this thread because everyone has there own opinion.........

I guess I didn't know the Visa process for people married under 2 years if spouse comes before 2 year anniversary. I thought you had to file that AOS or I-751 something heck (sorry I am still in beginning stages). So I thought until at least the conditions were off you would have to be married.

And Patient no harm no foul. No offense taken. The journey is hard enough without stepping all on people. rose.gifsmile.gif

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

I guess I didn't know the Visa process for people married under 2 years if spouse comes before 2 year anniversary. I thought you had to file that AOS or I-751 something heck (sorry I am still in beginning stages). So I thought until at least the conditions were off you would have to be married.

And Patient no harm no foul. No offense taken. The journey is hard enough without stepping all on people. rose.gifsmile.gif

Thanks glad u accept all apologies moving on to the next case because im so not here to judge folks by anymeans... :)

AOS Journey:

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

68z00wwuiyl.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.