slumdog

My CR-1 visa interview is next week I NEED HELP!!!

58 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I understand that your situation is difficult. i'd be devastated if one week before my interview, my wife wanted a divorce. Absolutely devastated. But that's life unfortunately.

1: Is there a possibilty I get the visa in absence of the phone record/bill? Generally speaking, yes, one can get a visa in the absence of a phone bill. If the other evidence is enough.

2: What happens to me after I get the divorce upon my arrival? Even if you were to get a visa by fraud, you would still need to remove conditions 2 years later. To remove conditions after a divorce is possible, but would be very difficult in your case. You'll have to prove that the marriage was entered into in good faith, and that you had no intention of divorcing when you entered the US.

3: Do I still get to stay in US after the divorce is over? Strictly speaking, Yes. As long as no one reports you. And until it's time for removing of conditions. In your situation, it seems unlikely that you'd get the 10-year green card, and you would most likely be removed when trying to remove conditions.

4. My new girlfriend who is 26 and more matured in reasoning really wants me so much that she wants us to get married after the divorce,can this happen?Because I do love her. Don't chance it. Get the divorce done now, cancel your interview and explain why you cancelled. That's the legal and responsible thing to do. If you enter the US based on fraud, you'll get a lifetime ban, even if your new wife/fiance were to petition for you.

5.I basically just need general advice regards this whole situation..I have done so much for this girl to have me come over there and get deported after everything I have done for her knowing the divorce isnt my decision but hers for no justified reason(s). please help... As I stated earlier. Knowing you'll get a divorce once you enter the US, you'd be attempting to obtain a visa next week by fraudulently claiming that a valid, bona fide relationship exists. If caught, you'll face a lifetime bar. If your visa is granted, you'll still face a potential lifetime bar in two years when trying to remove conditions. You're not in the "safe zone" once you get into the US.

Here are my three pieces of honest advise for you:

1. Don't lie to the embassy. It's highly illegal, and will bite you in the A$$ later.

1. Either talk to your wife. It seems as though you've been together for quite a while, and it may just be the distance that is getting to her. Talk to her, make it known that you will be in the US in a week or two. Try to work things out from there. If she's willing to work things out, and you'll still be trying to work on your marriage, your marriage is bona fide, and therefore, you wouldn't be committing fraud by obtaining the visa.

2. Or, cancel your interview, and explain to the embassy what has happened. If you love this new girl, work on your relationship with her. If you get engaged or married at a later time, she can petition again for you.

Edited by jaejayC

I don't know if the OP is actually still reading the responses here or not . The last thread he is shown to have been reading here is one with the charming title:

Required Documents at Visa Interview - CR-1 Visa.

Seems to me the plan is to soldier on regardless. To lie at the interview, and attempt to get what he wants regardless of whether it is legal, or even possible, or not.

I take a little comfort really, in the knowledge that he is going to be interviewed at a very tough embassy in a known high fraud country. With even a modest amount of luck on behalf of those of you making a genuine effort to successfully obtain a Visa out of this place, it is my profound wish that they catch him outright lying to them. I hope they toss his behind into infinite AP. I hope he gets denied, and revoked.

I understand that your situation is difficult. i'd be devastated if one week before my interview, my wife wanted a divorce. Absolutely devastated. But that's life unfortunately.

It wasn't a week before. He was posting and asking similar question in early February.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Its situations like this that gives Nigeria a bad name..If she is no more interested then why are you still thinking of move over here... :hehe: :hehe:

And if you have met another person , why not let the new person petition for you :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Its situations like this that gives Nigeria a bad name..If she is no more interested then why are you still thinking of move over here... :hehe: :hehe:

And if you have met another person , why not let the new person petition for you :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Because this is not about the love of any woman; it is about the love of what is believed is in AMERICA. I like to say the quality of life may be different, but the quantity you pay is the same.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It is this kind of foolishness that makes certain VJERS say things like "Nigeria is the highest fraud consulate" "Nigerians are scammers and will do anything to get to America" "Nigerians know every trick in the book",etc. If your marriage is over your "wife" does not have to bring you to the states to divorce. She can contact a lawyer and make it happen. You say you never considered the money you were sending to help her, because she was your wife, but somehow you now seem to think your efforts entitles you to attend an interview for the purpose of still getting here. What do you do for employment that can possibly allow you to send any type of substantial funds here when 1 US dollar is presently worth 155 Naira?? As for you now having a girlfriend and in love with her, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!! You can't pretend to be devestated about what your wife is doing and then find love the following month. That pseudonym is definitely befitting!

Sounds like you found some young chick to pay off in exchange for a visa and now the plot is unraveling. You're hoping that you can get the visa, come to the US, get the divorce, and quickly marry this new person. Just shameless!

Sorry, but I can't see things any differently from this poster. The OP's story sounds too fishy to me.

He was posting and asking similar question in early February.

My bad, I didn't see those.

I try to assume the best in everyone posting on here. But in that case this seems to be the type of case which makes everyone going through the Lagos consulate suffer.

OP, you'll get caught if you go through with this. If you somehow make it through the interview, your plan will fail in 2 years when removing conditions. Do it the legal and legit way, or face the consequences. Don't say you weren't warned.

Edited by jaejayC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

This is one reason that real genuine relationships have a difficult time getting thru the embassy level without long AP ....

to the OP this is nothing more than material misrepresentation at best and it will be a ban for life if you go thru with it because something this big can't stay hidden for long they can and will eventually find out that you lied.

by attending this interview you will be telling the embassy your in love with your current wife (which they may or may not know you already have divorce papers in process) and your saying your committed to this relationship to the embassy of which your telling us that you already have another girl friend who you plan to marry as soon as your divorce to the petitioner is final.

All I can say is you need to call and cancel if you want any chance at all to come and marry your new girl friend. Just pray your current wife also hasn't withdrawn her petition for you... who knows.. she may have already and just hasn't said anything so when you go into the interview pretending to be in love iwth her and coming for her (all the time planning to divorce and marry someone else) they have all the evidence they need and there won't be anymore petitioning from USA for you from anyone again.

Here on VJ when we see issues like this it's like slapping the real couples in the face and there is no offering support for this kind of visa fraud.

We aren't saying you don't have the right to divorce and remarry that's up to you and your decision. What we are saying is to go to a CR1 interview for a woman who already has papers to divorce is fraud... because you will be lying telling the embassy your planning to live your life with her when you obviously aren't.

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

If it was me I would be more concerned about my spouse wanting to divorce me than what is going on with my paperwork.

Clearly you are more upset about this inconvenience to your status to immigrate rather than the relationship itself.

I wonder how the immigration department will view this. Maybe they will sympathize with you and give you more time to juggle wives.....although I seriously doubt it.

I totally agree with other posters above. Just my 2 cents worth and just sayin'.... :unsure:

Edited by Outback Annie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

OP, don't be stupid. Seriously. Immigration to the U.S. isn't a game. Get your sh*t straight and stop trying to weasel your way in. Be an honest, noble man and file a divorce for your wife, and do away with the interview. You're making a mockery of all of us and what we're going through. Sickening.

Edited by Gervl

USCIS

Jul 15/11 - Sent I-130 Package from Honolulu

Jul 18/11 - I-130 package received & signed for in Chicago
Jul 19/11 - Priority Date
Jul 21/11 - NOA1/USCIS Acceptance Confirmation received
Jul 29/11 - Received I-797C hard copy
Aug 4/11 - Touched
Feb 16/12 - NOA2 Approval (212 days since Priority Date)

NVC

Feb 28/12 - NVC Case Number, BIN & IIN Assigned, Optin E-mail for EP Sent

Mar 2/12 - DS-261 Submitted
Mar 5/12 - Electronic Processing Opt-in Accepted, AOS Invoiced & Paid
Mar 7/12 - NVC receive IV electronic package, AOS shows "Paid", AOS Package Sent
Mar 9/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & Paid
Mar 12/12 - AOS fee shows as "Not Paid - Rejected": Human error. AOS re-paid.
Mar 13/12 - IV is "Paid." Will have to be re-paid post imminent "Rejected" status. NVC e-mail "Checklist Cover Letter" asking for my $$$
Mar 14/12 - IV is "Rejected - Not Paid", Re-paid, AOS is "Paid"
Mar 16/12 - IV is "Paid", DS-260 submitted & Package sent
Mar 19/12 - IV Package Received
Mar 20/12 - Case Complete E-mail Received (21 days at NVC)

Final Steps

Apr 10/12 - Interview date assigned: May 9 @ 8:30AM

May 1/12 - Medical Date
May 9/12 - Interview result: Approved!
Jun 22/12 - POE
Jul 23/12 - SSN assigned
Aug 10/12 - Green card in hand

ROC

Mar 25/14 - ROC sent to CSC

Mar 28/14 - Package delivered to CSC

Apr 1/14 - Check cashed

Apr 3/14 - Received NOA1, Receipt Date: 3/28

Jun 15/14 - Move to San Diego

Jun 23/14 - RFE / Package sent: Aug 6, ETA Aug 8

Aug 22/14 - New Card in Production

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.