XXXX

Is my relationship hopeless??????

119 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So I've been with my girlfriend for over 2 years now. I live in America and have been traveling back in forth. I also work overseas often and we've been staying together during the relationship. Unfortunately she was married in Singapore right around the time we began seeing each other. It was a mistake. They seperated shortly after (around 2 months), and both left the country. Unfortunately, Singapore does not allow divorce or anullment unless both parties are permanent residents. As many of you know Philippines is not a visa waiver country and tourist visas are not easy to come by. (We tried twice.) Her husband refuses to get a divorce or anullment. We hoped that since this marriage was not registered in the Philippines we may have been able to squeek through the K1 process without a problem. I know its shady but we are deperate to be together. We even got all the way to NOA2. When she went to CENOMAR she found that her German husband whom she had not seen in two years filed a marriage visa for her to move to Germany and consequently registered her marriage in Phillippines2 months ago. I have since cancelled the Visa hoping that the cancellation will not sabotage our efforts if we try again later. She called him and he will not give her an anullment even though its been 2 years since they've seen each other.

So, since divorce is not recognized in Philippines. (Even if he re-marries.) And anullment seems a bit tough as well since he will not cooperate. What can we do? I can't really move to the Philippines as I would have to leave my son in America, and my job doesn't translate well in that country. Has protection from terrorism really prevented me from being with the woman I love? Please help.

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

So I've been with my girlfriend for over 2 years now. I live in America and have been traveling back in forth. I also work overseas often and we've been staying together during the relationship. Unfortunately she was married in Singapore right around the time we began seeing each other. It was a mistake. They seperated shortly after (around 2 months), and both left the country. Unfortunately, Singapore does not allow divorce or anullment unless both parties are permanent residents. As many of you know Philippines is not a visa waiver country and tourist visas are not easy to come by. (We tried twice.) Her husband refuses to get a divorce or anullment. We hoped that since this marriage was not registered in the Philippines we may have been able to squeek through the K1 process without a problem. I know its shady but we are deperate to be together. We even got all the way to NOA2. When she went to CENOMAR she found that her German husband whom she had not seen in two years filed a marriage visa for her to move to Germany and consequently registered her marriage in Phillippines2 months ago. I have since cancelled the Visa hoping that the cancellation will not sabotage our efforts if we try again later. She called him and he will not give her an anullment even though its been 2 years since they've seen each other.

So, since divorce is not recognized in Philippines. (Even if he re-marries.) And anullment seems a bit tough as well since he will not cooperate. What can we do? I can't really move to the Philippines as I would have to leave my son in America, and my job doesn't translate well in that country. Has protection from terrorism really prevented me from being with the woman I love? Please help.

Thanks

Your Case/Question is to complicated for a member to answer. You need a Immigration Attorney.

Second: You state you have a NOA2.. How did you get the NOA1 which requires both parties are free to marry? What exactly did you say on the I-129F to obtain the NOA1 ? You will need an Attorney if I read your post correctly.

You both must be Legally Free and Able to Marry.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: Timeline

Thanks

Well at the time we filed she was legally free to marry in the Philippines.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

No she wasn't. She was and is legally married so that makes her married every where in the world, not just Singapore. She can't legally marry you anywhere until her first marriage is terminated.

My Immigration Journey:

K1: June 2010 - December 2010

AOS: April 2011 - June 2011

ROC: April 2013 - August 2013

Naturalization: March 2014 - August 2014

Timeline

Well at the time we filed she was legally free to marry in the Philippines.

I was not trying to put you down and feel sorry for your situation.

It appears she is still legally married. You even said: We thought it would'nt be noticed and "Sqeak by" Hindi.

I truely hope you find a way to resolve this matter. This is why I suggest an Attorney unless another Member has a better idea.

Good Luck to you.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Thanks

If you truly love the woman, come here in the Philippines together with your son. And don't worry about terrorism.. A lot of foreigners stayed in the Philippines and yet they are free to roam around..

It's unfortunate that your fiancee is married before and her husband is not willing to have a divorce with her. Perhaps, try to talk to a lawyer that will see her marriage to become divorce before you get a immigration lawyer..

Timeline

If you truly love the woman, come here in the Philippines together with your son. And don't worry about terrorism.. A lot of foreigners stayed in the Philippines and yet they are free to roam around..

It's unfortunate that your fiancee is married before and her husband is not willing to have a divorce with her. Perhaps, try to talk to a lawyer that will see her marriage to become divorce before you get a immigration lawyer..

Disagreed that a Immigration Attorney is not needed. The OP admits 2 rejected tourist Visa's when that was not the intent and in addition Filed False documents to "SQUEEK BY" hoping a past marridge would never be indicated and almost got away with it. :devil:

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Deal with the divorce first before you even think about immigration. Is there anyway she can get the marriage annulled or file for a legal separation in the Philippines due to abandonment based on being separated for over 2 years?

Has her husband filed for divorce in Germany? And is he only being uncooperative to be spiteful?

Sorry to hear about the mess you are in. Hope you find a way around this.

USCIS: CR-1 Visa @ Vermont Service Center (Approved in 140 days from NOA1)

03/07/11: I-130 package sent to Chicago Lockbox

03/14/11: NOA1 via text and email (03/21/11: in the mail); petition routed to VSC

07/27/11: NOA2 via text and email (07/30/11: received in the mail)

08/01/11: Case received at NVC

09/19/11: Case complete and forwarded to consulate

10/19/11: Interview (APPROVED!!!)

11/18/11: POE

12/12/11: 2- year Green Card arrives in the mail

12/22/11: Applied for SSN at local office

12/26/11: SSN arrives in the mail

08/20/13: ROC window opens

10/03/13: I-751 package sent to Vermont Service Center

10/05/13: I-751 Delivered (Signed for by Karen Fitzgerald)

10/09/13: Check cleared bank account

10/11/13: NOA1 received (dated 10/07/13)

10/19/13: Biometrics appointment notice received (dated 10/16/13)

11/12/13: Biometrics appointment in Buffalo, NY

11/15/13: Case transferred to CSC

03/04/14: USCIS case status update: Card/Document Production (i.e. APPROVED!!!)

03/07/14: USCIS case status update: Green Card in the postal system; tracking number

03/08/14: Approval notice arrives in the mail (dated 03/04/2014; USCIS Office: Buffalo, NY)

03/10/14: 10-year Green Card arrives in the mail

you need special help with this matter. if she doesnt get a divorce she wont be able to get a visa.

148280zkcv79ffi3.gifDeeDee & Sam 426064ng1n3ghbqw.gif

766837489_784932.gif

from filling I129F to POE- exactly 6 months

for k1 steps and dates check my timeline
AOS approved took 7 months you can chack my timeline for details

ROC

October 6th- mailed package

as1cJVfNw2k0710MTMybHN8MDQyMTdqc3xXZVwnd

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I agree, lawyer time. They may see her declaration as being free to marry in the original K1 package as missrepresentation which could lead to a lifetime ban, so talk it over with a lawyer before doing anything. An annullment in the Philippines is possible, but it will take a long time.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Negotiate a financial payment to the ex husband to cooperate or tell him he will get nothing anyway. Maybe his prior expenses is what has him so pissed off anyway.

A good attorney would tell you to pay him off is an option. You will need a good lawyer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

As she can not move to the US, can you move.

Otherwise it will stay a long distance relationship.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks

The bolded sentence above is not accurate. She married a foreigner. If he initiates a divorce then that divorce can be judicially recognized in the Philippines. She would need to go to court and convince a judge that her foreigner ex-husband initiated the divorce, and that the divorce is legal and valid in the country where it was obtained.

She needs to deal with her husband. It's only been a couple of months since he registered the marriage and filed to get her a visa to Germany? It doesn't sound to me like he's gotten over this marriage.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Your Case/Question is to complicated for a member to answer. You need a Immigration Attorney.

Second: You state you have a NOA2.. How did you get the NOA1 which requires both parties are free to marry? What exactly did you say on the I-129F to obtain the NOA1 ? You will need an Attorney if I read your post correctly.

You both must be Legally Free and Able to Marry.

An "NOA1" is just a receipt notice for your payemnt - it does not require anything.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Does she have two ex husbands or one? A German and a Singaporean?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.