XXXX

Is my relationship hopeless??????

119 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

. Has protection from terrorism really prevented me from being with the woman I love? Please help.

no linkage. the ststem is not broken.. you knowingly trying squeezing through this petition.. she should have educated you about her past.. and inform u that she isnt free to marry.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So I've been with my girlfriend for over 2 years now. I live in America and have been traveling back in forth. I also work overseas often and we've been staying together during the relationship. Unfortunately she was married in Singapore right around the time we began seeing each other. It was a mistake. They seperated shortly after (around 2 months), and both left the country. Unfortunately, Singapore does not allow divorce or anullment unless both parties are permanent residents. As many of you know Philippines is not a visa waiver country and tourist visas are not easy to come by. (We tried twice.) Her husband refuses to get a divorce or anullment. We hoped that since this marriage was not registered in the Philippines we may have been able to squeek through the K1 process without a problem. I know its shady but we are deperate to be together. We even got all the way to NOA2. When she went to CENOMAR she found that her German husband whom she had not seen in two years filed a marriage visa for her to move to Germany and consequently registered her marriage in Phillippines2 months ago. I have since cancelled the Visa hoping that the cancellation will not sabotage our efforts if we try again later. She called him and he will not give her an anullment even though its been 2 years since they've seen each other.

So, since divorce is not recognized in Philippines. (Even if he re-marries.) And anullment seems a bit tough as well since he will not cooperate. What can we do? I can't really move to the Philippines as I would have to leave my son in America, and my job doesn't translate well in that country. Has protection from terrorism really prevented me from being with the woman I love? Please help.

Thanks

As an option - she can file for divorce in Germany. Since he is citizen of Germany, they definately have jurisdiction over such case. My fiancee was married in Denmark, but filed for divorce in Germany, while living in Ukraine, without even being present there. Divorcing in Germany - is long process, though. I would suggest to find an attorney in Germany, who is familiar with international law in her country (lookup on google, etc.), and consult with that attorney, she will see all options available to her in this situation.

It's not because things are difficult that we dare not venture. It's because we dare not venture that they are difficult. (Seneca Junior)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

no linkage. the ststem is not broken.. you knowingly trying squeezing through this petition.. she should have educated you about her past.. and inform u that she isnt free to marry.

So, NO your relationship is not hopeless.....just can not have her immigrate to the US just now.

You two either wait it out or you two cut the cord.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

As an option - she can file for divorce in Germany. Since he is citizen of Germany, they definately have jurisdiction over such case. My fiancee was married in Denmark, but filed for divorce in Germany, while living in Ukraine, without even being present there. Divorcing in Germany - is long process, though. I would suggest to find an attorney in Germany, who is familiar with international law in her country (lookup on google, etc.), and consult with that attorney, she will see all options available to her in this situation.

thought she wasnt able to be there in person

So, NO your relationship is not hopeless.....just can not have her immigrate to the US just now.

good.gif

by the way good to see u about

good.gif

by the way good to see u about

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

If she initiates a divorce in another country, the Philippines will not recognize it. Only if the foreign spouse initiates the foreign divorce will the Philippine government recognize it.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Philippines is not the most safe country to just 'move to'.

I hope you can find a good attorney to help you with this case, because it is so complicated. Don't give up!

Edited by LizaG

Keep the dream alive...

Timeline

Philippines is not the most safe country to just 'move to'.

I hope you can find a good attorney to help you with this case, because it is so complicated. Don't give up!

same could be said about the US .. regarding all the mix of people around.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

This in interesting, she appears to needs divorce attorney possibly one who specialized in international issues and immigration if one exists. Not an issue for VJ members not licensed to practice law.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Timeline

Does she have two ex husbands or one? A German and a Singaporean?

No ex's yet. Just one guy. He wants to get her back or at least make it impossible for her to be with anyone else. It's looking like anullment is our best option. I would be willing to move to Philippines, but I can't leave my son, and my ex-wife won't even let him leave the state. Her marriage in Singapore was supposed to be ceremonial only and they were intending to have a "real" wedding in Philippines. I'm hoping it is grounds for fraud, but everything is looking a little bleak for us. I'm hoping that since it was cancelled before the interview, it won't leave a mark on our record for lifetime ban. There are tough times ahead.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I would have thought it was pretty obvious that as he wants to marry a woman currently married that a divorce first would be a minimum requirement.

Does not really need a Lawyer, licensed or not, to work that out.

Seems she also has a penchant for situations that may involve a move abroad.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Why are the Philippines so strict in this regard? That is so terrible...seems like the government is enforcing religious beliefs on un-consenting citizens who had no say in which country they were born. The US has its problems, but at least we have better freedoms...I know that Islamic countries can be similar, but I just never thought that a predominantly Catholic nation would do the same. I'm Roman Catholic, and I'm ashamed of all this nonsense. The set-up for abuse potential is horrifying.

Edited by Justine+David

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.