Sofiyya

Christianity vs Islam moderation

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

This is the pot calling the kettle black. You need to subscribe to your own medicine. It seems to be OK when you degrade Christians ruthlessly but Muslim religion is out of bounds.

The P&R board does get unruly as anywhere on the web and those two subjects are. We are allowed a certain amount of latitude there that is not allowed in the upper forums and I like that. I have to deal constantly with name calling and being bashed but I expect it as it is the P&R forum and any idea or mindset has an opposite that can bring out the verbal beatings but we are adults here and should realize this. If it is so horrid there then stay in the upper forums where one and all should be safe from strife. want to match wits or anything then bring it into the P&R forum and lets all air our viewpoints and even try to have civilize debate. Every once in awhile we do need a moderator to come and quell the uprisings and they have for the most part done a great job at determining the TOS and slapping down the offenders and we go to our corners. I feel for them as this site has people from every walk of life and culture and political ideology possible and for most of the board it is kept civil. In the P&R we are allowed to air these disparate views to where it gets raucous at times and petty at others but we do usually get over it and spend our energy there. The only problems I have observed is that someone will come after another outside of the OT area and P&R and continue it there and that is wrong. These areas are to help people that need help and come here for our past experiences and that is all it should be. Keep the spats in the spats where they should be kept and the rest of the site clean. Of course we should observe the TOS even in P&R and not attack personally but the ideas we express are open game. It called debate and back and forth. Try it as we can all learn new things.

I do not degrade Christianity. I was married to a Christian for nearly 30 years. How many Muslims do you have among you loved ones? Let me guess, none.

You and a few myopic others on the P&R forum get upset when it's pointed out that in history, Christians have committed atrocities in the name of Jesus just as some Muslims are doing now. You and a few others get upset whenever it's pointed out to you that the Bible contains child marriage, incest, murder, etc. The point of any of this is to contrast your criticisms of Islam with facts from the history and literature from your faith. Since you're not allowed a double standard by some who oppose you, you call that foul.

Unlike you and others, I have never said a bad thing about Jesus and I never would. You, on the the other hand, denigrate the Prophet Muhammad as a pedophile and war monger. You've called him disgusting and disparaged Muslims for following Islam. You are a bare-bones racist and xenophobe. You applaud others for saying that Middle Eastern countries should be bombed back nto the Stone Age. I can produce any of this, if needed. You couldn't produce a single post with me gratuitously insulting Christians or any part of Christianity. It doesn't happen because I don't hate either.

You and the others who hate Muslims and Islam and don't hesitate to make that clear every chance you get. Since no one does anything to make you uncomfortable or to correct your tenor, you think I should leave the forum so you can continue to spread your stink all over it. Not gonna happen. I'm going to hold the mods responsible for doing their duty and you can go fly a kite.

Edited by Sofiyya

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Above posts split off from other Site Discussion thread as they introduced new elements that were derailing the other thread. I am also posting a warning that TOS also apply in this forum and any further personal attacks will be removed and receive administrative action.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

If you can post examples on both sides of the coin I would be happy to see if we are doing the fairest job possible. If we can improve, then that is great. Just to be fair though, make sure you look at both sides and take the time to consider how the opposing view feels.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Timeline

Here is a sample of threads either started or hijacked by Muslim haters on P&R for the purpose of criticizing Islam and Muslims. Muslims and non-Muslims who attempt to correct misinformation or defend Islam are taunted and bullied. Demands for them (usually me) to answer pointed and provocative questions are common. The obvious assumption is that anyone who defends Islam is the enemy and deserving of mockery.

The piling on of negative, derisive threads is demonstrable. The usual suspects are uninhibited in their disdain for fellow posters. Why not? Who's moderating them? Christianity is attacked, too, but Islam is the preferred target.

Examples, so you can see for yourself. I'm curious what the defense for allowing this piling on will be.

1. In Pakistan, Christianity Earns a Death Sentence

2. Sorry, Hamas, I'm Wearing Blue Jeans

3. Sudan: Woman Whipped in Public for Wearing Trousers

4. Opponents fight plans for mosques from coast to coast

5. This Is Why America Has A Problem With The GZ Mosque...

6. Muslim cleric calls for beheading of Dutch politician

7. Vatican: Stoning in Iran adultery case 'brutal'

8. EU decries 'barbaric' plans to stone Iranian woman

9. Christians Stabbed, Beaten With Plank Near Indonesia'...

10. Tolerance in Islam

11. The eternal flame of Muslim outrage

12. Another fatwa on a cartoonist

13. Radical Islam on rise in Balkans

14. Anti-immigration sentiment grows in Sweden

15. Is Europe tiring of its immigrants?

16. Iranian woman to be hanged Wednesday: rights group

17. Palestinian held for Facebook criticism of Islam

18. British Troops burn in HELL!

19. Death Sentence Handed Down for blasphemy

20. Christian woman faces death for blasphemy

21. Suicide bomber causes panic among Christmas shoppers in Sweden

22. Sharia Law OKs 14-Year-Old Bride

23. Pastor on trial for witnessing to Muslims

24. Sharia lessons for pupils aged six: . . .

25. Tolerance

26. Temporary wives

27. Death Toll From Iraq Church Standoff Rises

28. Muslims Threaten to Attack Spanish Nightclub Called "Mecca"

29. Christians in Gaza Fear for Their Lives as Muslims Burn Bibles and Destroy Crosses

30. Islamization of Paris

Timeline

If you can post examples on both sides of the coin I would be happy to see if we are doing the fairest job possible. If we can improve, then that is great. Just to be fair though, make sure you look at both sides and take the time to consider how the opposing view feels.

With all due respect, there is no comparable opposing side. Muslims don't go there much because they're attacked, and who wants that? I'm the only Muslim I know of who posts there regularly, and I'm viewed as a punching bag and source of amusement. Non-Muslims opposing them are also derided. There are only a few bigots and bullies, but they work it hard.

I posted mine. Let them post theirs.

Edited by Sofiyya

Filed: Timeline

Here is a sample of threads either started or hijacked by Muslim haters on P&R for the purpose of criticizing Islam and Muslims. Muslims and non-Muslims who attempt to correct misinformation or defend Islam are taunted and bullied. Demands for them (usually me) to answer pointed and provocative questions are common. The obvious assumption is that anyone who defends Islam is the enemy and deserving of mockery.

The piling on of negative, derisive threads is demonstrable. The usual suspects are uninhibited in their disdain for fellow posters. Why not? Who's moderating them? Christianity is attacked, too, but Islam is the preferred target.

Examples, so you can see for yourself. I'm curious what the defense for allowing this piling on will be.

1. In Pakistan, Christianity Earns a Death Sentence

2. Sorry, Hamas, I'm Wearing Blue Jeans

3. Sudan: Woman Whipped in Public for Wearing Trousers

4. Opponents fight plans for mosques from coast to coast

5. This Is Why America Has A Problem With The GZ Mosque...

6. Muslim cleric calls for beheading of Dutch politician

7. Vatican: Stoning in Iran adultery case 'brutal'

8. EU decries 'barbaric' plans to stone Iranian woman

9. Christians Stabbed, Beaten With Plank Near Indonesia'...

10. Tolerance in Islam

11. The eternal flame of Muslim outrage

12. Another fatwa on a cartoonist

13. Radical Islam on rise in Balkans

14. Anti-immigration sentiment grows in Sweden

15. Is Europe tiring of its immigrants?

16. Iranian woman to be hanged Wednesday: rights group

17. Palestinian held for Facebook criticism of Islam

18. British Troops burn in HELL!

19. Death Sentence Handed Down for blasphemy

20. Christian woman faces death for blasphemy

21. Suicide bomber causes panic among Christmas shoppers in Sweden

22. Sharia Law OKs 14-Year-Old Bride

23. Pastor on trial for witnessing to Muslims

24. Sharia lessons for pupils aged six: . . .

25. Tolerance

26. Temporary wives

27. Death Toll From Iraq Church Standoff Rises

28. Muslims Threaten to Attack Spanish Nightclub Called "Mecca"

29. Christians in Gaza Fear for Their Lives as Muslims Burn Bibles and Destroy Crosses

30. Islamization of Paris

You put a lot of work into that, but it's all for nothing. He will look at it, say he's investigating and then you will either never hear from him again or he will get back to you with some meaningless platitude that leaves things exactly the way things are today.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I might sound like a broken record, but splitting Politics and Religion from OT has invited the kind of bigotry that seems to permeate in the P & R forum. Get rid of the P & R or split Religion off into its own forum because this experiment is clearly not working.

Edited by 8TBVBN

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I might sound like a broken record, but splitting Politics and Religion from OT has invited the kind of bigotry that seems to permeate in the P & R forum. Get rid of the P & R or split Religion off into its own forum because this experiment is clearly not working.

IMO things are not worse than they have always been. This is not a new problem.

To be completely honest - I kind of like the way things are right now, level of moderation included. We can see exactly what kind of misinformation and bigotry is abound. And Sofiyya really does an excellent job at making them all look like fools. Her defense is far superior to not letting them speak in the first place. More minds are turned, if only slightly, in the direction of being open minded rather than being closed minded.

Edited by Jenn!

Timeline

I do not degrade Christianity. I was married to a Christian for nearly 30 years. How many Muslims do you have among you loved ones? Let me guess, none.

You and a few myopic others on the P&R forum get upset when it's pointed out that in history, Christians have committed atrocities in the name of Jesus just as some Muslims are doing now. You and a few others get upset whenever it's pointed out to you that the Bible contains child marriage, incest, murder, etc. The point of any of this is to contrast your criticisms of Islam with facts from the history and literature from your faith. Since you're not allowed a double standard by some who oppose you, you call that foul.

Unlike you and others, I have never said a bad thing about Jesus and I never would. You, on the the other hand, denigrate the Prophet Muhammad as a pedophile and war monger. You've called him disgusting and disparaged Muslims for following Islam. You are a bare-bones racist and xenophobe. You applaud others for saying that Middle Eastern countries should be bombed back nto the Stone Age. I can produce any of this, if needed. You couldn't produce a single post with me gratuitously insulting Christians or any part of Christianity. It doesn't happen because I don't hate either.

You and the others who hate Muslims and Islam and don't hesitate to make that clear every chance you get. Since no one does anything to make you uncomfortable or to correct your tenor, you think I should leave the forum so you can continue to spread your stink all over it. Not gonna happen. I'm going to hold the mods responsible for doing their duty and you can go fly a kite.

You assume wrong again as usual.

You have been called out many times that we know in the past far history that there were the crusades and other horrific moments in Christian history but you bring it up again and again. We are talking about recent history. Christians have changed and have moved from the strictness that the bible has talked about. We even allow woman to vote and wear pants and get this....they are equals. We have pointed out over there many times that in Islam that they are still stuck in the past and Christians has moved forward. You don't seem to like this but always revert back to far past history to show when the religion did suppress woman and was much more violent. We only show recent events to show barbarity and you have to stretch into the far past to show the same. This is what we bring out but you get hostile and say that we are persecuting you and your religion. It is called discussion and debate here in the states I guess and blasphemy to Muslims. We are a majority here in the freedom mode of thinking and debate and not in this rigid mode of thinking that you display.

There have been other Muslims that have come in and debated and you even slammed them and ran them off because they were not in lock step with your thinking. I can name one now but that would be a TOS. You bring a lot of this on by constantly starting baiting threads to continue the what you perceive as attacks. Every thread you posted could have eventually died out after every avenue has been exhausted and points made but you yourself seem to want to draw this out. It is a Political and Religion thread.

It goes both ways in a thread about religion. If someone comes in and starts thread that says Islam is the religion of peace then you are going to get some that disagree and say it and even point out things. We question everything because we are a diverse audience here. Debate for or against Islam is not blasphemy to us just as the same on Christiananity is not.

Timeline

You're pretty blind and have a short memory. The one Muslim who came up on me in the middle of a discussion soon proved that they had no idea what they were defending when they took your side. As soon as she started sounding more like me, and defending Islam, your ilk immediately came down on her like bricks, and she hasn't posted on a Muslim bashing thread since.

I posted 30 repetitious and often gratuitous examples of your sides handiwork. You give my position more plausibility by continuing to attack without demonstrating the damage I've done to you. Mentioning the Crusades, among other events, as counterpoints to arguments arguments showing a history of violence by Muslims is not gratuitous. You also don't have evidence of an onslaught of anti-Christian threads posted by Muslims or posts attacking your beliefs or historical figures coming out of nowhere.

The bottom line is, there is not only no attempt at balance in the threads, there is the constant and unyielding drumbeat of "Muslims are bad, Islam is evil" from several from bigots who high five each other and castigate anyone who dares to agree with them with personal attacks. All the while, they complain about being called bigots, racists and haters despite posting bigoted, racist and hateful comments.

Stop complaining that you're being called out and do what you can to prove that the only Muslim regular on the board, me, is as bad as you claim. Put your money where your mouth is or stop whining and admit you suck at this.

You assume wrong again as usual.

You have been called out many times that we know in the past far history that there were the crusades and other horrific moments in Christian history but you bring it up again and again. We are talking about recent history. Christians have changed and have moved from the strictness that the bible has talked about. We even allow woman to vote and wear pants and get this....they are equals. We have pointed out over there many times that in Islam that they are still stuck in the past and Christians has moved forward. You don't seem to like this but always revert back to far past history to show when the religion did suppress woman and was much more violent. We only show recent events to show barbarity and you have to stretch into the far past to show the same. This is what we bring out but you get hostile and say that we are persecuting you and your religion. It is called discussion and debate here in the states I guess and blasphemy to Muslims. We are a majority here in the freedom mode of thinking and debate and not in this rigid mode of thinking that you display.

There have been other Muslims that have come in and debated and you even slammed them and ran them off because they were not in lock step with your thinking. I can name one now but that would be a TOS. You bring a lot of this on by constantly starting baiting threads to continue the what you perceive as attacks. Every thread you posted could have eventually died out after every avenue has been exhausted and points made but you yourself seem to want to draw this out. It is a Political and Religion thread.

It goes both ways in a thread about religion. If someone comes in and starts thread that says Islam is the religion of peace then you are going to get some that disagree and say it and even point out things. We question everything because we are a diverse audience here. Debate for or against Islam is not blasphemy to us just as the same on Christiananity is not.