Ban Hammer

Pastor on trial for witnessing to Muslims

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

A pastor in Wichita, Kansas, heads to court today to defend himself against charges involving his efforts to witness for Christ outside a mosque.

Pastor Mark Holick says the incident in late August occurred as members of the Islamic Society of Wichita were marking the holy month of Ramadan. Police were called when Islamists witnessed Holick and 13 others handing out packets that included the Gospel of John, the Book of Romans in English and Arabic, and a DVD with testimonies of former Muslims who have converted to Christianity.

Holick claims he was basically ignored by the arresting officer. "I asked him, 'What am I being charged with?' -- and he wouldn't answer me," the pastor tells OneNewsNow. "And I asked him a second time and I asked him a third time...and neither time would he even respond to me."

The Kansas pastor, who was ultimately charged with loitering and failure to disburse, is no stranger to controversy. In 2009 he won a $10,000 judgment after the City of Wichita admitted it had violated his civil rights when he was arrested for witnessing on a public city sidewalk during a homosexual event at a nearby park.

"It's really good for Christians to see what has really happened to our court system," he shares, "because if you haven't gone through it before, you really have no idea what it has become. But I think it's going to be good at trial, regardless of the verdict."

link

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Wichita seems to need another lesson and lose another lawsuit. If it had been a Muslim trying to do the same thing and gotten arrested then the outcry would have been deafening.whistling.gif

That's because the media gets great ratings hating on Muslims.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

That's because the media gets great ratings hating on Muslims.

I watch cable news a couple times a day and never hear anything about Muslims. You seriously believe that the average American even thinks about Muslims (or any other group of people) on a regular basis? NO. Nobody thinks about Muslims. It is not in discussions at the family dinner table as you seem to think.

My opinion, but you've blown this "Muslim bashing" thing way out of proportion. You are not discriminated against in America anymore than anyone else. Your people are a world majority, 1 out of 5 people are Muslim, about 20% of the planet.

par·a·noi·a (pabreve.gifrlprime.gifschwa.gif-noiprime.gifschwa.gif)n.1. A psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur, often strenuously defended with "apparent" logic and reason.

Kinda sounds like you, doesn't it? rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Edited by Lord Infamous

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I watch cable news a couple times a day and never hear anything about Muslims. You seriously believe that the average American even thinks about Muslims (or any other group of people) on a regular basis? NO. Nobody thinks about Muslims. It is not in discussions at the family dinner table as you seem to think.

My opinion, but you've blown this "Muslim bashing" thing way out of proportion. You are not discriminated against in America anymore than anyone else. Your people are a world majority, 1 out of 5 people are Muslim, about 20% of the planet.

par·a·noi·a (pabreve.gifrlprime.gifschwa.gif-noiprime.gifschwa.gif)n.1. A psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur, often strenuously defended with "apparent" logic and reason.

Kinda sounds like you, doesn't it? rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Sounds like you. If you don't think about Muslims, why do you post on every Muslim bashing thread?

Yeah, yeah.... we get it. Death to the Infidels.

bgun1.jpg

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG