Danno

Christians Stabbed, Beaten With Plank Near Indonesia's Capital

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Christians Stabbed, Beaten With Plank Near Indonesia's Capital

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/09/12/assailants-stab-beat-christian-worshippers-outside-indonesias-capital/?test=latestnews

BEKASI, INDONESIA – BEKASI, Indonesia (AP) — Assailants stabbed a Christian worshipper in the stomach and pounded a minister in the head with a wooden plank as they headed to morning prayers Sunday outside Indonesia's capital.

Neither of the injuries appeared to be life-threatening.

No one claimed responsibility for the attacks. But suspicion immediately fell on Islamic hard-liners who have repeatedly warned members of the Batak Christian Protestant Church against worshipping on a field housing their now-shuttered church.

In recent months, they have thrown shoes and water bottles at the church members, interrupted sermons with chants of "Infidels!" and "Leave Now!" and dumped piles of feces on the land.

Local police Chief Imam Sugianto said Asia Sihombing, a worshipper, was on his way to the field when assailants jumped off a motorcycle and stabbed him in the stomach.

"I was trying to help get him onto a motorcycle so we could get him to a hospital," she told reporters in the industrial city of Bekasi, 25 miles (40 kilometers) east of Jakarta.

She said the face of one of the assailants looked familiar.

Indonesia, a secular country of 237 million people, has more Muslims than any other in the world. Though it has a long history of religious tolerance, a small extremist fringe has become more vocal in recent years.

Leading the charge against the Batak Christians has been the Islamic Defenders Front, which is pushing for the implementation of Islamic-based laws in Bekasi and other parts of the nation.

They are known for smashing bars, attacking transvestites and going after those considered blasphemous with bamboo clubs and stones. They also pressured the local government early this year to shutter the Batak church.

Perpetrators are rarely punished or even questioned by police.

President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, who relies heavily on Islamic parties in parliament, has been widely criticized in the media for failing to crack down on hard-liners.

But he immediately called on authorities to investigate and to hold accountable those responsible for Sunday's attack.

"We know who's behind it," said Maj. Gen. Timur Pradopo, the police chief in Jakarta, without elaborating. "But I don't believe this is an inter-religous conflict."

Print Email Share Comments (228) Text Size

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

I wonder if this too will be moved the Australian, Muslim, & Catholic forum?

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Interesting how the media identifies Christians by only religion when they're the alleged victims, and Muslims are only identified by religion when they're the known perpetrators. Not much of that the other way around. How convenient that is for Muslim haterz and their leaders.

Interesting how the media identifies Christians by only religion when they're the alleged victims, and Muslims are only identified by religion when they're the known perpetrators. Not much of that the other way around. How convenient that is for Muslim haterz and their leaders.

Coptic Christians are being beaten, harassed, and even killed in Egypt, Muslim's are beheading Christians in the southern Phillipines, Christians were not so long ago butchered in Chad, Christians by the thousands were recently butchered in Sudan. Christians in Syria and Iran have been harassed. Christians in Malaysia have been beheaded within the last few years, etc, etc, etc....

Muslim's by the millions have immigrated to the west to escape the bs they left in their predominately Muslim populated country's. The democratic and predominantly secular west does not want to put up with the Islamic bs. The west does not need this bs nor does it want it.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

IF this attack took place outside the context of religion, it would be a simple crime-story..... not even worth a mention who has what faith.

But this attack has everything to do with oppressing a minority which elevates it's news worthiness and demands the faith of the participants be named.

Try to imagine a racially motivated crime being reported without mentioning the race of those involved.

William Penn

IF this attack took place outside the context of religion, it would be a simple crime-story..... not even worth a mention who has what faith.

But this attack has everything to do with oppressing a minority which elevates it's news worthiness and demands the faith of the participants be named.

Try to imagine a racially motivated crime being reported without mentioning the race of those involved.

Has anyone done any recent research on how many Christians and/or Westerners have immigrated to Islamic/Muslim nations vs Muslim's immigrating to the West in the past 100 years ?

Muslim's can say what they want, but in the end... FACTS ARE FACTS. They can avoid issues, cry more, etc..etc...but they can't run from the fact now can they ?

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

Has anyone done any recent research on how many Christians and/or Westerners have immigrated to Islamic/Muslim nations vs Muslim's immigrating to the West in the past 100 years ?

Muslim's can say what they want, but in the end... FACTS ARE FACTS. They can avoid issues, cry more, etc..etc...but they can't run from the fact now can they ?

When you have the facts, then, we can discuss them. As for now, you don't.

Timeline

Yet, if the attackers are Christian, but never identified by their religion, Christians are not thought of as attackers, just as victims. The news is definitely skewed toward Muslims as the enemy. How convenient for you.

Timeline

Yet, if the attackers are Christian, but never identified by their religion, Christians are not thought of as attackers, just as victims. The news is definitely skewed toward Muslims as the enemy. How convenient for you.

Are you saying you know of cases where people in the name of Christ have attacked Muslims going to Mosque over there (or anywhere)?

William Penn

Timeline

PS. My day job is preparing American business executives and line workers for life and work in the Middle East, so I know of many westerners who move there as non-Muslims. It is a hot spot right now. There is a tremendous amount of money pouring into several Middle Eastern nations, and, believe it or not, a growing Muslim middle class.

For those who do more than make sh!t up about people they don't know and places they haven't seen first hand, here's a video you may be interested in viewing. Based on facts, btw.

Timeline

Are you saying you know of cases where people in the name of Christ have attacked Muslims going to Mosque over there (or anywhere)?

I was a human rights advocate in the ME and North Africa for more than 2 decades. I have seen a lot of that, and vice versa, so, yes. That is why I'm not as excitable about the "threat" you and others see under every rock.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Maybe Allah will decide one of these millenniums to "show Himself". It has never been recorded nor done in modern times. Unless Allah is not real? Why would the all-loving and peace-wanting Allah not just end it all today by proving His existence. I will convert to a Believer when this happens. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!! EVER BTW!!!!~!! Just look to the universe and you can see how PETTY it is to believe in something as PETTY as ALLAH.

It takes 50,000 years to travel to the nearest star using our latest rocket science. If we could improve our technology to travel at the speed of light (186,000 MILES EVERY SECOND) it would still take a mind boggling 4.2 years to arrive to the nearest star (A million seconds is just a mere 13 days btw). Read the last 2 sentences and try to grasp how large our 1 galaxy is (hint: it is not humanly possible to understand)..

There are thought to be as many as 70 SEXTILLION stars in the known universe (70 million million million or 70,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 or every grain of sand on earth from all beaches, shores, seas, riverbeds, oceans TIMES 10).

I know I am wasting my breath (not trying to convince anyone out of their beliefs) but there are HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS OF GALAXIES OUT THERE. What makes the earth and the human species so important?

Edited by Lord Infamous

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1