Ray&Ash

Advance Parole and EAD Processing times - Adjusting from K1 - 2017

23 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have found mixed information on various sites so Creating this forum to discuss the processing times and case movements for Advance Parole and EAD when filing for adjustment of status. 

Does USCIS still hold that '90 days processing' for EAD/AP ? or has it increased over the last few months? 

Anyone has received the AP in less than 90 days here? 

Its been more than 70 days for me today and I have started worrying a little. (Travel issues, and I need a job :( ) 

Many people in these forums abandon their profiles when they get their final cards or dont update it regularly so I dont expect those timelines to be very accurate. 

Please reply if the you adjusted status and filed EAD/AP and how did your processing go? 

Thanks all and all the best!

Edited by Ray&Ash

Thanks. Yeah i also think its a lil over 90 days but it also might be cos the USCIS doesnt update the details online (so thats not accurate) and mostly the people posting on forums are the ones with delayed timelines. So in order to get a clearer picture and not to stress, I thought itll be good for all if people could post the no. of days it took for them esp if it was less than 90 days :)  

Very rare that processing is under 90 days atm. 90-140 days or so ... It started getting longer and longer after the JAnuary policy change. I'd say 4 months is average atm.

Edited by Suss&Camm

The service request can be after the 75 day mark. An RFE pauses the timer and an RFIE resets it. Actual processing timelines seem unaffected by an RFE/RFIE, though.

The average is closer to 120 days now, unfortunately. Some are around the 90 day marks, but there's no way to know if they just got lucky or they got tired of waiting and did an expedite due to a job offer or something.

7 minutes ago, Ray&Ash said:

Earlier in the 129F forum we had a tech genius who helped us with the case movements and number... @geowrian Can a similar thing be done for EAD/AP too? Maybe later someone in this forum can help :) 

Can it? Probably...I'd have to check. It's not a major change in code, but the online tracker is a bit of a mess now....I've seen a lot of people saying the cases aren't showing up or don't show updates. So I'm not sure how good of an indicator it would be, unfortunately.

Just now, bad4tatt said:

As stated before I can confirm 90-120 days. Mine took 104 PD April 10th and I was not able to do a SR until day 90.

Oh until 90 days? I called USCIS and they said I can raise one after 75 days. You called them for SR or the system didn't allow you to create one? 

2 minutes ago, bad4tatt said:

As stated before I can confirm 90-120 days. Mine took 104 PD April 10th and I was not able to do a SR until day 90.

Hey there. I was just looking at your time and it shows you had RFE for the original 485. So you 90 days clock for EAD/AP also had to reset after they received your response. So technically your EAD got approved before 90 days period :) 

Just now, Ray&Ash said:

Oh until 90 days? I called USCIS and they said I can raise one after 75 days. You called them for SR or the system didn't allow you to create one? 

I tried at the 75 day mark but was then told NBC was still within it's processing time. Seems like times keep going backwards. Very frustrating. You can expedite if you fall into certain categories but you will be required to provide proof. Mine would have taken longer than the 104 days but I expedited mine due to potential huge financial loss which I was required to provide proof.

2 minutes ago, Ray&Ash said:

Hey there. I was just looking at your time and it shows you had RFE for the original 485. So you 90 days clock for EAD/AP also had to reset after they received your response. So technically your EAD got approved before 90 days period :) 

I had to expedite mine. With RFE apparently as per the IO, EAD/AP stop.

As said above by fellow VJ member it's taking time between 90-120 days. Early 2017 people did receive their EAD/AP combo cards within 90 days frame period but now there's a delay. You and I share a close timeline. I filed mine on August 5th and USCIS received my AOS package on August 8th. You didn't update about biometrics for AOS. Hope you didn't miss the mail and appointment

1 hour ago, Ray&Ash said:

Hi,

I have found mixed information on various sites so Creating this forum to discuss the processing times and case movements for Advance Parole and EAD when filing for adjustment of status. 

Does USCIS still hold that '90 days processing' for EAD/AP ? or has it increased over the last few months? 

Its been more than 70 days for me today and I have started worrying a little. (Travel issues, and I need a job :( ) 

Many people in these forums abandon their profiles when they get their final cards or dont update it regularly so I dont expect those timelines to be very accurate. 

Please reply if the you adjusted status and filed EAD/AP and how did your processing go? 

As others have said on here do NOT expect the EAD/AP for at least 90 days up until 140 days after you file. The timelines have got pushed significantly back this year due to everyone filing for AOS, ROC, and Naturalization. 

2 hours ago, Ray&Ash said:

Hi, I just got my EAD/AP card 109 days after my priority date...you'll have to have a little more patience, they are now processing/producing mid June fillers cards.

Good luck!

5 hours ago, Ray&Ash said:

Hi,

We are currently at 118 days.  We submitted on June 16th, had our biometrics on August 2nd, and haven't heard anything since.  We called them last week and they said they would get back to us within five business days; we are calling again tomorrow.  We reached out to our congressman and just heard back from him today; he said that it is currently taking around 180 days and that he can't help us unless we submit evidence that we qualify for an expedite (which we don't).  It's very frustrating.  

Edited by MapleLeaf29

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.