Norah-93

Lesbian couple. Can my girlfriend help me to get into the USA ?

33 posts in this topic

Not your field, but you could aim for an au-pair visa: http://j1visa.state.gov/programs/au-pair

You're still young enough to qualify for that...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Try a J1 visa. Many larger companies have J1 visa programs.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Filed: IR-5 Country: Seychelles
Timeline

As you mentioned that you are not ready to commit and get married to your gf and then apply for K1 visa, there is no other way for you to come to the states, live, work and get a green card. Your options as most members suggested are all what you have left with.

Filed: Other Country: Switzerland
Timeline

I wouldn't be able to afford a studen visa I mean all my savings went in my plane tickets so I'm starting at 0 again and not being employed and going back to some study would be really hard for me mostly because I don't have the funds for it. The U.K. Economy isn't the best one to be honest and I'm not talking about rents. I left my single room to live in an hostel for £240 pm so I can save a bit more. I'm really trying my best and she feels guilty she can't help me. So I guess what we need is time and faith.

I wouldn't get engaged with anyone just for some papers...

I really appreciate all your encouragement and stories I think I needed to hear that too. I know it's going to be hard but she's worth it.

I hope you guys are all okay

Filed: Timeline

Yuna628: it kind of sucks... I honestly don't like London and I don't want to go back to Switzerland and there is no other place I want to live. So being stuck here, work my ### off for the plane ticket to be with her 2twice a year when normal couple can just be together whenever they want. I wish I was in this situation...

Harpa Timsah: For a O visa I need to have extra ability in photography and won some international prices, honours or awards which isn't my case again

may sound funny, but I watched a CBP show where Norah from Switzerland was denied entry to the USA to dance in night clubs and had to apply for a tourist visa :))

The only option is either a marriage or an EB visa. I've seen photographers approved for NIW under EB2.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Not your field, but you could aim for an au-pair visa: http://j1visa.state.gov/programs/au-pair

You're still young enough to qualify for that...

an au pair visa isn't for people seeking a way to the US, it is a visa for AU PAIRS. Do you think just anyone can apply for specialized visas? Wouldn't she actually need to be an au pair? SMH

I think anyone can become an au pair by just declaring they are one.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My girlfriend and I have been together for 6 months now but we are in a long distance relationship. She's an US citizen and I'm from Switzerland but currently live in London UK. I have a B1/B2 visa at the moment but I would like to move and work there legally.

I'm lost about where to start and what to do to be honest.

Is there a way she can help be to move and have the right visa by being my partner ? I'm too young to get married now so it feels like unless I have a sponsor or get married there is no way for me to move there and I'm really sad about it...

I will appreciate any help from you guys !

Come and come, come and go until ready for commitment(marriage). There's no other way unless both decide to me to Switzerland.

I wouldn't be able to afford a studen visa I mean all my savings went in my plane tickets so I'm starting at 0 again and not being employed and going back to some study would be really hard for me mostly because I don't have the funds for it. The U.K. Economy isn't the best one to be honest and I'm not talking about rents. I left my single room to live in an hostel for £240 pm so I can save a bit more. I'm really trying my best and she feels guilty she can't help me. So I guess what we need is time and faith.

I wouldn't get engaged with anyone just for some papers...

I really appreciate all your encouragement and stories I think I needed to hear that too. I know it's going to be hard but she's worth it.

I hope you guys are all okay

If she's worth it, then give it a try for as long as it takes, until you both are ready to make the bigger step. Best of luck to you two, and take care of yourself. :)

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I would go for a work visa and if that doesn't work try a tourist visa.

K1 Visa

12/30/15: Visa Received

AOS

CIS Office : Seattle WA

03/29/16: Date Filed

04/11/16: NOA Date

05/11/16: Bio. Appt.

04/20/16: Case updated to fingerprint fee received

04/20/16: Case updated to Case is ready to be scheduled for interview as of 03-17-16

05/11/16: Bio. Appt.

06/06/16: RFIE Mail / I-864 1040 tax form (missing) resent overnight shipping. Second submission of 1040 form for 2015

08/09/16: Status update to interview scheduled for September 13th

08/17/16: Status updated to interview cancelled

08/18/16: Status updated to interview scheduled for September 20th with corrected receipt number. AKA "D" day

12/01/16: Interview: Verbal Approval

12/06/16: Status update to card has been mailed

EAD

03/29/16: Date Filed :

Case rejected for invalid fee and/or signature (failed to sign both areas - Doh!)

04/18/16: Date refiled

04/19/16: NOA -Case Received

07/20/16: Case updated to card being produced

07/26/16: Card received priority 3 day mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Her moving seems the obvious solution.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I would share my experience:

My husband and I met in 2011 and after 2-3 weeks we started dating but when he realized he needed to go back to the US we decided we wanted to keep dating for as long as we could. After 2 months of being apart he went bananas and proposed to me hahaha...I was 24 by the time and he was 36. I thought it was crazy but we were (and still are madly in love with each other). 2 months later he filled a k1 petition for me. When I moved in with him and got married we were dating for less than 10 months.

Im not saying that what I did is right or wrong but I learnt that you know when you are with the right person...if a marriage will fail or works, honestly the years prior together doesn't necessarily help or affect... We just recently celebrate or 5 years together, we have a wonderful son and we are super happy.

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

i am part american indian but the rest of my family immigrated freely to the US several generations ago. No longer the way it is done

now, the norm is spouse or financee visa

get to know your gf and if you make the decision to marry, she can apply for you

but take the time to know if the relationship is special for both of you

for God's sake, at your age, be happy in your decisions

don't just make a committment to get a visa to the US

Filed: Timeline

Yuna628: it kind of sucks... I honestly don't like London and I don't want to go back to Switzerland and there is no other place I want to live. So being stuck here, work my ### off for the plane ticket to be with her 2twice a year when normal couple can just be together whenever they want. I wish I was in this situation...

Harpa Timsah: For a O visa I need to have extra ability in photography and won some international prices, honours or awards which isn't my case again

Not sure why you are saying your situation is different from that of a normal couple. Actually, as far as the US and its visa requirements are concerned, you are a normal international couple. You have to meet the requirements of a visa category to enter the US to live and work. All international couples face the same requirements and obstacles -- there is no easy way to simply pick up and move tothe US. You actually have it better than many couples, as a citizen of an EU country....you have a lot more options of countries to choose to live in without immigration hassles. Edited by jan22

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.