Kat&Jon

New K-1 RFE Master List

783 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, SilverMonk said:

I'm not saying saying that I don't believe you, and I'm sorry if I came off wrong. I'm just saying that I thought it only applies to cases filled after September 11. 

If they're already applying it to cases, then I'm in some deep water 😔

NOID is intent to deny not a denial. As long as you supply the information they require you're good to go.

And yes, missing a crucial qualifying piece of evidence is definitely grounds for NOID.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, Ironclad43 said:

NOID is intent to deny not a denial. As long as you supply the information they require you're good to go.

And yes, missing a crucial qualifying piece of evidence is definitely grounds for NOID.

I believe the discretion of the adjuditor to ask for an RFE or not is very high. I say that because I was able to find a person that was in the same situation as me. The agency she hired forgot to send in proof of her citizenship along with other important documents. But oddly enough, they didn't ask for her proof of citizenship lol and responded to the RFE and got approved.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/5/2018 at 9:55 AM, SilverMonk said:

Hello all, 

So long story short, our lawyer forgot to send in my fiancée's (petitioner) proof of citizenship. We were gonna use the passport as the proof but she forgot to include in the packet. She sent in a supplemental packet about 2 weeks when we had our case number. This packet contained the proof of citizenship. But we called this week and a tier one officer said they have no records of a supplemental packet in our file, which obviously upset us tremendously.

So two questions:

First -  I've known that this would require an RFE, but is it ground for a NOID or just the RFE?

Second - Our lawyer also didn't write our names on the back of our passport pictures and printed out our pictures in black and white without on printer paper and without dates and where we were when the picture was taken. Will these two also likely be reasons for RFEs?

Thank in advance to any anyone who might be able to give me some insight.

We’re safe we’ll still get RFE in case incomplete documents. The new rules this coming September 11 to those who filed on that start day. RapidVisa didn’t see my fiancé USC forgot to send the court report but he sent the police report. I’m expecting RFE but I’m hoping not. Go to some group for K1/ CR1 on Facebook they are very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I got an RFE for missing beneficiary's letter of intent to marry and evidence of meeting within 2 years due to my failure to include my flight ticket (only included boarding passes) and bio-data page of my Nigerian  passport (I only included a page with the entry and exit stamps). I just got the documents together and some more pictures. I sent the letter of intent to my fiance, she signed and scanned it back to me and I also signed. Will this be considered wet signature or must I mail the letter back and forth to Nigeria?. Do I also need to include bio-data page of my American Passport even though I traveled with Nigerian passport?. Thanks 

Timeline

Does anyone had an rfe from not ticking the Multiple Filler Waiver Request Information - Number 5.d? This is our first time and we are not waiving for anyone.

Did not ticked it as we copied Youtube tutorial from Yuri and Bruce's channel.

Screenshot_20180904-034519.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Filipina_2018 said:

Does anyone had an rfe from not ticking the Multiple Filler Waiver Request Information - Number 5.d? This is our first time and we are not waiving for anyone.

Did not ticked it as we copied Youtube tutorial from Yuri and Bruce's channel.

Screenshot_20180904-034519.png

5d is the box you should mark if you are not a multiple filer.

02/06/18 - Sent I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox

02/08/18 - USCIS received package

02/14/18 - Notification of NOA1 (Text and Email)

02/20/18 - Hard copy of NOA1

08/17/18 - NOA2 Notification (email & website)

08/20/18 - Hard copy NOA2 received

09/04/18 -  Case received at NVC

09/05/18 -  NVC Case number assigned

09/20/18 - Embassy Received Case “Ready”

10/01/18 - Medical Exam Appointment

10/03/18 - Interview Appointment - Approved pending Medical Exam test results

12/14/18 - Visa Received

12/24/18 - POE to USA (Detroit)

03/03/19 - Wedding!

event.png

Timeline
4 hours ago, gavin923 said:

5d is the box you should mark if you are not a multiple filer.

We are not a multiple filer. We forgot to tick that box. Is it going to be an rfe? 😭

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello fellow K1 filers,

I received an RFE requesting intent to marry proof from my fiance. We had mailed a letter of intent initially with our paperwork; stating the same, to marry within 90 days. Any thoughts why we received the RFE? What other proof can we send? Thank you for your time!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
30 minutes ago, dna21 said:

Hello fellow K1 filers,

I received an RFE requesting intent to marry proof from my fiance. We had mailed a letter of intent initially with our paperwork; stating the same, to marry within 90 days. Any thoughts why we received the RFE? What other proof can we send? Thank you for your time!

I also recieved today an RFE, requesting evidence of meeeting in person. And i had sent 30 pictures of my fiance and i with our family members as well. Not sure why we recieved an RFE. And now wondering how much more time will we have to wait to get an approved NOA 2 😣

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kely&Jose said:

I also recieved today an RFE, requesting evidence of meeeting in person. And i had sent 30 pictures of my fiance and i with our family members as well. Not sure why we recieved an RFE. And now wondering how much more time will we have to wait to get an approved NOA 2 😣

Remember, it is not just meeting in person, but meeting in person within last 2 years. Pictures alone do not prove that.

Timeline
16 hours ago, Shiran said:

Remember, it is not just meeting in person, but meeting in person within last 2 years. Pictures alone do not prove that.

Yes my fiance and i sent many photos since october 2015 - january 2018. 

I will send my Nicaraguan passport stamp that i entered Nicaragua to meet my fiance. Since in my American passport i dont have any stamps that i have entered Nicaragua. MAYBE THAT WAS THE PROBLEM. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Kely&Jose said:

Yes my fiance and i sent many photos since october 2015 - january 2018. 

I will send my Nicaraguan passport stamp that i entered Nicaragua to meet my fiance. Since in my American passport i dont have any stamps that i have entered Nicaragua. MAYBE THAT WAS THE PROBLEM. 

Yea that might be the case. I sent my foreign passport bio data page and the stamps with my RFE reply. I used my American passport in france (entry and exit) on my way to Nigeria so I included that too. 

Timeline
Just now, ashmed246 said:

Yea that might be the case. I sent my foreign passport bio data page and the stamps with my RFE reply. I used my American passport in france (entry and exit) on my way to Nigeria so I included that too. 

Oh really you as well recieved an RFE and your case was approved, !? And after how much of a wait to recieve a NOA 2? 

And yes right now i am getting all documents ready to reply to the RFE... 

HOPEFULLY WE'LL GET APPROVED. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.