inloveVEN

VJ´s members Judges or Collaborators

14 posts in this topic

i want to write a post, but not really sure about how to start it, in a way that its contribute to the main goal of this site and not became also a cruel judge of the Holy Inquisition

So there i go!!

When i found this forum, immediately i realised that it has a very strong structure, a lot of resources and tones of information, and also and the most important thing is all the contributions from all members that help us to understand the process and this is the most important content in a forum. Because the others sites you can find more accurately and updated information like uscis but here what makes it different is the experience of all members. Although all process are different each process generate lot of useful information.

Lately a could see that in an incremental way a few VJ members are becoming more judges instead collaborators.

People is here just to understand processes and hear any advice. no to be punished and nevertheless to be offended. If anybody doesn`t have any important contribution so its better not to post anything. if we feel someone is lying so we are not judges just say nothing instead of starting a holy inquisition.

We have to remember that we all are human being from different cultures, religions, countries. and somethings are good for a culture and not good for another culture and this is ok.

Moderators are doing a great job but i think is needed more attention to this issue.

I only wanted to be a collaborator not a judge, so please take it easy if you totally disagree with me just skip my post.

Best regards and good luck to all VJ members

Ramon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Very well said. Too bad people and some are moderators will act like they are still judges and still be mean and nasty. In addition many will act as if they are immigration experts. Don't list to the judges. I like to say when you point your finger at someone there is 3 pointing back at you.

i want to write a post, but not really sure about how to start it, in a way that its contribute to the main goal of this site and not became also a cruel judge of the Holy Inquisition

So there i go!!

When i found this forum, immediately i realised that it has a very strong structure, a lot of resources and tones of information, and also and the most important thing is all the contributions from all members that help us to understand the process and this is the most important content in a forum. Because the others sites you can find more accurately and updated information like uscis but here what makes it different is the experience of all members. Although all process are different each process generate lot of useful information.

Lately a could see that in an incremental way a few VJ members are becoming more judges instead collaborators.

People is here just to understand processes and hear any advice. no to be punished and nevertheless to be offended. If anybody doesn`t have any important contribution so its better not to post anything. if we feel someone is lying so we are not judges just say nothing instead of starting a holy inquisition.

We have to remember that we all are human being from different cultures, religions, countries. and somethings are good for a culture and not good for another culture and this is ok.

Moderators are doing a great job but i think is needed more attention to this issue.

I only wanted to be a collaborator not a judge, so please take it easy if you totally disagree with me just skip my post.

Best regards and good luck to all VJ members

Ramon

Sorry I will have to put my .02 cents in to this topic even if you do not like it. Some of us like myself do not consider ourselves judges at all by commenting on a post by the OP or a different person in a thread. I am simply trying to let the OP or another poster understand the ramifications of their decision can have in their life or the immigration process as a whole. You are someone like myself who has been on this forum for quite some time and have seen pretty much everything on here that can happen in the immigration process.

What gets me is that there are people that will come on this forum and ask for advice for a delimma or question. Then that person will get mad because the answers are not what they wanted to hear or it is to hard for them to be without someone for X amount of time. Yes it is hard being without your SO but that does not give that someone the right to violate federal law.

Yes, you will have some people on this website who got burned by their Spouse or SO, and now they are bitter at other people because of what happened to them. So they are taking that bitterness and frustration out on other people on the forum. I understand why they are doing it but it does hinder helping people and the MOD's have been doing a pretty good job at limiting it.

You have to remember sometimes people need to get a hard dose of reality from other posters to help them make decisions and let them find the answer for their problems.

Josh

I totally agree with you ! in the same way we are diffrents of course the advise and help is also diffrent. I m not reffering to you in a particular way, this is something that i wanted to write a few weeks before. Everybody has their own ways, and always is the best to hear the "cruel Reality". Im talking more about people that offend other and talk about laws that doesnt exist not when you say any advise or opinion that could be awful but needed. I sincerely agree with your replay you have contribute to extend mine opinion and this is the idea.

Ramon

Sorry I will have to put my .02 cents in to this topic even if you do not like it. Some of us like myself do not consider ourselves judges at all by commenting on

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sorry I will have to put my .02 cents in to this topic even if you do not like it. Some of us like myself do not consider ourselves judges at all by commenting on a post by the OP or a different person in a thread. I am simply trying to let the OP or another poster understand the ramifications of their decision can have in their life or the immigration process as a whole. You are someone like myself who has been on this forum for quite some time and have seen pretty much everything on here that can happen in the immigration process.

What gets me is that there are people that will come on this forum and ask for advice for a delimma or question. Then that person will get mad because the answers are not what they wanted to hear or it is to hard for them to be without someone for X amount of time. Yes it is hard being without your SO but that does not give that someone the right to violate federal law.

Yes, you will have some people on this website who got burned by their Spouse or SO, and now they are bitter at other people because of what happened to them. So they are taking that bitterness and frustration out on other people on the forum. I understand why they are doing it but it does hinder helping people and the MOD's have been doing a pretty good job at limiting it.

You have to remember sometimes people need to get a hard dose of reality from other posters to help them make decisions and let them find the answer for their problems.

Josh

This is different than what I believe OP is posting about. You have people on here that pass judge,net on others calling them liars or putting them down for no reason. Or the make the person's relationship sound like garbage. Some people on here hold themselves all high and mighty and make others feel like dog #######. This is what I believe OP is talking about.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This site is to support legal immigration and give answers to questions. Sometimes those answers are harsh. some of us see no need to mollycoddle people. Stating fact is not being cruel it is just answering a question. I see a lot of people on here that need to practice putting on their big boy/girl panties and realize that you can't just walk into the US , get married and live the happy life of public aide.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Site-Related Discussion - Updates, Ideas, etc., from IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

I totally agree with you ! in the same way we are diffrents of course the advise and help is also diffrent. I m not reffering to you in a particular way, this is something that i wanted to write a few weeks before. Everybody has their own ways, and always is the best to hear the "cruel Reality". Im talking more about people that offend other and talk about laws that doesnt exist not when you say any advise or opinion that could be awful but needed. I sincerely agree with your replay you have contribute to extend mine opinion and this is the idea.

Ramon

I have to say I haven't seen much or any of what you are talking about (people talking about laws that don't exist, for example - never seen that, or people offending people). It may be that mods have removed these things before I've seen them or they are in threads that have no relevance to me so I have not seen them.

However, if you do see anything like that, and if you feel that someone is being hostile to another member you can always click the report button which is at the bottom of each and every post. As this is a free-to-join site open to anyone in the world we will always get some trolls in amongst all the good people. It's the way of the world.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Thanks a lot for your contribution, and as i said respect mine. You are free to disagree with my opinion.

I have to say I haven't seen much or any of what you are talking about (people talking about laws that don't exist, for example - never seen that, or people offending people). It may be that mods have removed these things before I've seen them or they are in threads that have no relevance to me so I have not seen them.

However, if you do see anything like that, and if you feel that someone is being hostile to another member you can always click the report button which is at the bottom of each and every post. As this is a free-to-join site open to anyone in the world we will always get some trolls in amongst all the good people. It's the way of the world.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

moderators review reports, which are submitted by others members - i.e. self policing.

moderators do not read all posts.

"In particular, Members are encouraged to report objectionable Content on the Forums by use of the Report feature"

http://www.visajourney.com/content/terms

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Ramon

Totally agree with you as well. I never knowingly would go out of my way to judge someone on this site unless it is warranted. 99.9% of the time it is never warranted and quite frankly the poster may simply be ignorant/oblivious of the rules. So to me he/she may just need to know the truth of what may or may not happen. Because far to often a poster will come on here to verify what they heard from friend/family member/person on the street, and it is flat out wrong. So it is good to just enlighten people with the FACTS like you said and not just what they have heard.

Then you have other people on here that just flat out judge because they got burned by a SO in this process and now want to take out their pain on someone else. I do not like that at all and I am thinking of one main person doing that right now.

Josh

This is different than what I believe OP is posting about. You have people on here that pass judge,net on others calling them liars or putting them down for no reason. Or the make the person's relationship sound like garbage. Some people on here hold themselves all high and mighty and make others feel like dog #######. This is what I believe OP is talking about.

Yeah that I agree is totally wrong and should be dealt with on here. But alot of times especially if you have been on here a while you start to see patterns of people knowingly trying to skirt around the law for an expedite or bringing their SO over asap. Then that poster gets mad at people for bringing up facts and laws.

If anyone tries to pass judgement on any relationship without knowing facts and being there 24/7 then that person has a problem.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

VJ is a family and a team... That is certainly the environment we want to foster :)!

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I am pretty sure I know which thread you're referring too and I am not going to say much about it as it's been closed and is not to be mentioned again but when you can't stick to the truth about something you are going to have people pointing that out. The person was going back and forth between "facts/truths" so yeah, in the end no one really believed the person.

There are a lot of people who doesn't appreciate when members point out red flags and how those red flags will influence their immigration.

Like earlier posts have mentioned: if you feel uncomfortable with someone's comment, you think their being mean etc, click the report button and the moderators will have a look.