3,165 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You are working your way through the NVC process so fast, Chubbs. Congratulations!

Did you or your son obtain documents before the NVC contacted you? I'm just amazed at how fast you both worked.

Thanks Limenita22. Yes I have been tracking other cases so I had been preparing for at least 2-3 months now with my financial documents and within an hour of receiving the NVC email, I helped my son who is in India to fill out the form online. NVC was also quick with their response about letting us know about the payment of fees. So we have been lucky this far. Now let's see when they schedule his interview. :)

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Very interesting, Chubbs!

I have always enjoyed reading about those VJ members who go through the NVC process in such a short period of time and without any errors. I'm sure you'll be one of them. One other question, if I may... Did your son also collect his supporting documents such as police certificates, birth certificate, etc. 2 or 3 months in advance?

Timeline

Very interesting, Chubbs!

I have always enjoyed reading about those VJ members who go through the NVC process in such a short period of time and without any errors. I'm sure you'll be one of them. One other question, if I may... Did your son also collect his supporting documents such as police certificates, birth certificate, etc. 2 or 3 months in advance?

Happy to answer that for you... I had my son email me his birth certificate and biographic data page of his passport earlier. We also scheduled the police verification as soon as I knew his PD would be current in the next bulletin ( I think it has a 6-months validity) and that happened soon after we paid the fees. He received the certificate immediately which he emailed to me. Since I have to only submit copies of all these documents, that was easy with the info on my PC. Even the 2 photos (2"x2") were put up and I saved it in a flash drive and had them printed here. As soon as that was done I put all the documents together and sent via Fedex. They received it today, I tracked it. :) Now I just hope all my efforts are not wasted with the "DHS Shutdown". Hate Boehner & co for that...

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Happy to answer that for you... I had my son email me his birth certificate and biographic data page of his passport earlier. We also scheduled the police verification as soon as I knew his PD would be current in the next bulletin ( I think it has a 6-months validity) and that happened soon after we paid the fees. He received the certificate immediately which he emailed to me. Since I have to only submit copies of all these documents, that was easy with the info on my PC. Even the 2 photos (2"x2") were put up and I saved it in a flash drive and had them printed here. As soon as that was done I put all the documents together and sent via Fedex. They received it today, I tracked it. :) Now I just hope all my efforts are not wasted with the "DHS Shutdown". Hate Boehner & co for that...

Hi chubbs,

How long did it take ur I V to be invoiced after ur AOS have been paid. how long after you paid aos you paid IV

PD December 6, 2008.

Timeline

Hi chubbs,

How long did it take ur I V to be invoiced after ur AOS have been paid. how long after you paid aos you paid IV

Hi Princess,

I have not paid the IV fees and it was not invoiced. I did pay an amount when I sent in the application for my son way back in 2008. Maybe that's why I was not asked to pay.

Timeline

I think the NVC will review the documents I sent now and then if all are in order, they will schedule an interview. Meanwhile they will ask me to pay IV application fees and my son fills out his DS-260, because he needs to take a copy of the DS-260 to the consulate when he goes for his interview. Perhaps this is the process for those immigrant visa categories that have a per country limit.

Edited by chubbs

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You only need to bring a copy of the DS260 confirmation page. Not the entire DS260 printout.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You only need to bring a copy of the DS260 confirmation page. Not the entire DS260 printout.

Hi apple21,

How long does nvc take to invoice the IV?

Hi Princess,

I have not paid the IV fees and it was not invoiced. I did pay an amount when I sent in the application for my son way back in 2008. Maybe that's why I was not asked to pay.

Ok chubbs thanks

PD December 6, 2008.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi Chubbs,

Thanks for the insight! I appreciate it. I was reading about the DHS shutdown after you posted about it but I couldn't understand it that much. What I basically understood is that Congress needs or should pass a bill to provide funding for DHS until the end of the current fiscal year.

I just hope and pray that our immigrant visa processes are not affected by any delays outside of our control.

So I started reading on the travel.state.gov website, on the photograph requirement section and I found this: "If you are applying for an immigrant visa, using Form DS-260, you must provide two (2) identical photos at your immigrant visa interview."

Is your son taking the same photographs which he scanned to you to his visa interview?

Have you read of other VJ members who send in their beneficiary's supporting documents to NVC without having paid the Immigrant visa processing fee yet or without the beneficiary having filled out his/her ds-260 yet?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My niece priority date is January 5, 2009. She is single and her category is F2B. My sister is still USA Permanent resident. When do you think NVC will start her visa pre processing

Timeline

Hi Chubbs,

Thanks for the insight! I appreciate it. I was reading about the DHS shutdown after you posted about it but I couldn't understand it that much. What I basically understood is that Congress needs or should pass a bill to provide funding for DHS until the end of the current fiscal year.

I just hope and pray that our immigrant visa processes are not affected by any delays outside of our control.

So I started reading on the travel.state.gov website, on the photograph requirement section and I found this: "If you are applying for an immigrant visa, using Form DS-260, you must provide two (2) identical photos at your immigrant visa interview."

Is your son taking the same photographs which he scanned to you to his visa interview?

Have you read of other VJ members who send in their beneficiary's supporting documents to NVC without having paid the Immigrant visa processing fee yet or without the beneficiary having filled out his/her ds-260 yet?

Hey Limenita,

First off, yes, my son has the original photos, the ones he uploaded and will be using those at his interview. The NVC page where you log in with the case number & invoice ID to pay fees showed only the AOS fees invoiced. An email was sent to me simultaneously to pay it. However, the IV fees "Pay Now" button is activated, but the amount is not mentioned ( I clicked on "Pay Now", but doesn't work). So, I guess they will activate it after they review the documents. Paying IV fees, filling out the DS-260 (which my son will do online) and IL could be simultaneous processes, I guess. Keeping my finger crossed and just waiting for the next move from NVC.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey Limenita,

First off, yes, my son has the original photos, the ones he uploaded and will be using those at his interview. The NVC page where you log in with the case number & invoice ID to pay fees showed only the AOS fees invoiced. An email was sent to me simultaneously to pay it. However, the IV fees "Pay Now" button is activated, but the amount is not mentioned ( I clicked on "Pay Now", but doesn't work). So, I guess they will activate it after they review the documents. Paying IV fees, filling out the DS-260 (which my son will do online) and IL could be simultaneous processes, I guess. Keeping my finger crossed and just waiting for the next move from NVC.

Don't wait...It usually takes 30 days to review the AOS documents but wait until 2 weeks had passed then call NVC, The rep will review your case over the phone and activate it and then after 2 days....you can pay the IV fee.

Good Luck

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dear Chubbs and the group

My niece priority date is January 5, 2009. She is single and her category is F2B. My sister is still USA Permanent resident. When do you think NVC will start her visa pre processing

Please help in getting answer for my above question.

I just want to get information for anyone from Pakistan who has received some communication from NVC with pending F2B application with a future priority date (which is expected to be

current in next 4 months)

I will really appreciate the input. I did not find ISL (Islamabad - Pakistan) in the list of the countries eligible to send documents by email.

Therefore it will be long process to complete all the steps before priority date becomes current

Timeline

Dear Chubbs and the group

Please help in getting answer for my above question.

I just want to get information for anyone from Pakistan who has received some communication from NVC with pending F2B application with a future priority date (which is expected to be

current in next 4 months)

I will really appreciate the input. I did not find ISL (Islamabad - Pakistan) in the list of the countries eligible to send documents by email.

Therefore it will be long process to complete all the steps before priority date becomes current

That's okay Hamida, even I sent my documents by mail as BMB (Bombay) is not on the list of consulates where documents can be emailed after scanning. If you or your sister is in the US, which I presume you both are, you should ask the applicants to upload all documents online and you can take copies. The NVC does not require originals, that the applicant submits at the interview.

As far as I know, the NVC processing will only begin a month prior to the PD being current. Meanwhile you can write to the NVC (using the correct format) and collect your Invoice ID.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.