3,165 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey folks,

My son has finished filling out DS-260 online and now I have to just wait it out till I receive an email from NVC letting me know that the papers are in order (fingers crossed) and the interview has been scheduled. The wait is horribly unbearable towards the end. :huh::clock:

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey Vctrokoye,

You better make your travel plans, as soon as you fill out your DS-260 online. If you miss the interview date scheduled by NVC, you may have to request them for another date, which can cause delays. That will depend on how busy the US consulate in your home country is.

I will be interviewed in Canada where I live. I paid for AOS on 8th March. I don't know why I have not been invoiced for ds-260

Timeline

Hey folks,

My son has finished filling out DS-260 online and now I have to just wait it out till I receive an email from NVC letting me know that the papers are in order (fingers crossed) and the interview has been scheduled. The wait is horribly unbearable towards the end. :huh::clock:

please when did your son pay for AOS? I paid mine since 8th March but have not been invoiced for ds-260

Timeline

please when did your son pay for AOS? I paid mine since 8th March but have not been invoiced for ds-260

The AOS fees was paid first and the IV fees much later, only after his PD became current. 7 days after you pay IV fees you will be able to fill out the DS-260.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey folks,

Hey Chubbs,

I am glad that ur son's case is in progress. I think NVC will finish with ur papers very soon, usually they say 60 days but I think that's a standard language or reply for every case including F4 where spouse and derivative beneficiaries are come along with the main applicant.

But, in F1 and F2B there won't be many papers to file. I hope your son will receive the interview letter very soon :)

All the best and don't worry about this horrible waiting time. Golden days are coming ahead!!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey folks,

hi chubbs

u process is going on good.

a question for my friend. he fill out his child ds260 n it is asking for passport # at the end who # to put the child or his?

PD December 6, 2008.

Timeline

Hey Chubbs,

I am glad that ur son's case is in progress. I think NVC will finish with ur papers very soon, usually they say 60 days but I think that's a standard language or reply for every case including F4 where spouse and derivative beneficiaries are come along with the main applicant.

But, in F1 and F2B there won't be many papers to file. I hope your son will receive the interview letter very soon :)

All the best and don't worry about this horrible waiting time. Golden days are coming ahead!!

But please, is ds-260 supposed to be mailed to nvc? I have gotten police report from my country but the expiring date is after 3 months.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

But please, is ds-260 supposed to be mailed to nvc? I have gotten police report from my country but the expiring date is after 3 months.

You can't mail it.

All you need to fill out ds-260 online on ceac website once your IV fees gt paid.

And it would be better to print out your submitted signed ds-260 to check for future reference, one should know what he wrote in that form bcoz consular may ask questions by looking at ur ds-260 during the interview and an applicant has to sign by giving his fingerprints at the time of interview.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hi chubbs

a question for my friend. he fill out his child ds260 n it is asking for passport # at the end who # to put the child or his?

its ok got the answer.

PD December 6, 2008.

Timeline

hi chubbs

Thanks Jahmekya. The applicants/immigrants passport number has to be filled. He is sponsoring his child right? so the child's passport number.

Timeline

Please, can someone be denied visa if he is not working? I graduated in December but have not got a job. However, I live in Canada where I will be interviewed legally.

They will ask you about ur education and job when you fill out your DS-260. But that should not be an issue even if you are unemployed because once you come to the US you will be supported by your sponsor/petitioner. Thats what the AOS is for, to tell the authorities your sponsor is financially ok to provide for you until such time that you start earning.

Timeline

Hey Chubbs,

Thanks a ton Puru. Your comments and emails were a source of strength and encouragement during those tough early days on here.

As you said, the extra time they ask is for those categories that are not limited by numbers and PD, whereas it is not so in F2B and some others. According to the US immigration laws, once a person's PD is current, they cannot be kept waiting, unless there is some problem with the documents submitted by the applicant/petitioner/sponsor.

Timeline

Hey people,

Let me thank each one of you here for the support and info provided to me from time to time, during the long, arduous wait. ( we are all in the same boat :) ) But we will all make it!!!! So be strong and just keep your kind support going for the others. I will do my best to help with whatever info I have. Hugs!!!

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Has anyone received any communication this month from NVC to start the process. Last month people with priority date upto September 20, 2008 has received communication such as Chubbs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.