3,165 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Good Going... :thumbs: ...Parallelly check your bank account too whether it has gone through..and practice filling out the stand alone AOS & IV forms before filling out them online...

Good Luck

Yeah Puru, its the very same for me as well. I have to submit the documents to NVC, as per the email they sent out to me & my son. The bar code sheet is attached and I have to use that to collate all the necessary documents.

Filed: Timeline

Hi chubbs,

We have paid AOS fees i.e. $120 on wednesday, status shows PAID right now. But, they havnt raised IV fee invoice yet and not activated the next steps to fill out AOS & IV applications forms. What about ur progress??

Puru, so you have paid fees and Agent choice form without getting any communication from NVC?

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi puru444,

Did u get the opt out from f1

The next step in the immigration process is for the applicant to complete form DS-261, Online Choice of Address and Agent. The DS-261 tells the National Visa Center how to contact the applicant during the course of the immigrant visa application process. The applicant may use this form to request that all correspondence concerning the visa application be sent to him/her. The form may also be used to choose an agent to receive correspondence concerning the visa application.

If the applicant chooses an agent, the agent can be the petitioner, a relative, a friend, or a charitable organization, such as a church or other immigrant assistance organization. As mail delivery is often unreliable in many parts of the world, we strongly encourage the appointment of an agent who has an address in the United States.

To begin completing the DS-261, please click the Start Application link below.

click the Start Application

puru444, what did u do to get the opt out. Please share it. I would like to know. Thank

Hi puru444,

Did you eventually opt out of F1. If you did please what's the process?

Call NVC and they will help u..

Good Luck

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

click the Start Application

Call NVC and they will help u..

Good Luck

Thanks Visa Grant,

I have a question for u. Does nvc send COA to everyone through e-mail or they use the mailing process too?

PD December 6, 2008.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks Visa Grant,

I have a question for u. Does nvc send COA to everyone through e-mail or they use the mailing process too?

Both. If you have already provided your email id(which speeds up and reduces wait time) to NVC, they make all ur future communications "online" in this mode otherwise the traditional method of postal mail is their default. Usually once u receive COA email from NVC, it gets activated online for you to start ur application but sometime u end up being lucky without the mail too, but the difference in the time is not much..

Good Luck

Wait!

Does this mean that Puru444 truly opted out of F1 and is now in F2B category???!!!

That's great news to me because Puru's PD is Dec 2008 and the bulletin is now processing July 2008 cases, that means there'll be forward movement for F2B. Yay!!!

Puru, can you confirm your visa category? Thanks!!!

Yes, F2B is moving ahead now...Good Luck

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

**3 posts removed per poster's request.**

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Both. If you have already provided your email id(which speeds up and reduces wait time) to NVC, they make all ur future communications "online" in this mode otherwise the traditional method of postal mail is their default. Usually once u receive COA email from NVC, it gets activated online for you to start ur application but sometime u end up being lucky without the mail too, but the difference in the time is not much..

Good luck

Hi visa Grant

Do u know how long it take nvc to send u email on COA.? Priority date nov2008.

They already have my email id. How can I get luck without the mail?

Edited by jahmekya princess

PD December 6, 2008.

Timeline

Pray.. :)

Good Luck

Hi Visa Grant,

I have a friend with dec priority date n his ds261 online is open but dont

get any letter from nvc. Does he has to wait for the letter before he can complete it?

PD December 6, 2008.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Visa Grant,

I have a friend with dec priority date n his ds261 online is open but dont

get any letter from nvc. Does he has to wait for the letter before he can complete it?

Do not fill out the DS-261 unless you receive the email. They have just streamlined their processes, but nothing moves unless the PD is about to become current. If the applicant's PD is current in the next bulletin, then NVC sends out emails between the 28th to 6th of the previous month.

Timeline

Do not fill out the DS-261 unless you receive the email. They have just streamlined their processes, but nothing moves unless the PD is about to become current. If the applicant's PD is current in the next bulletin, then NVC sends out emails between the 28th to 6th of the previous month.

Thank you

PD December 6, 2008.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.