3,165 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
14 hours ago, maiabarton04 said:

Thank you! It’s difficult to get new PC because of the restrictions entering the establishment. The queue gets long too so you need a whole day for that.

In that case, you should time it accordingly. When is your priority date becoming current or in how many months you are supposed to get your green card?

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
32 minutes ago, zaback21 said:

In that case, you should time it accordingly. When is your priority date becoming current or in how many months you are supposed to get your green card?

For now, it’s hard to tell since the VB isn’t moving much. Since last year, Chart A only moved for 14 days. Hope the rate moves faster as the months come by.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 1/8/2021 at 5:35 AM, Waiting_ever said:

Hi guys!

my mom is my petitioner , and I got Documentarily Qualified on 25th September, 2020...in December 2020, my mom got health problem & had very serious operation of brain aneurysm...she needs someone to take care of her...what do I do? Is there a way to speed up the process of green card with consultate or will have to wait in line? My mom is my sponsor too, she was working as teacher...please guide...

yes, you can expedite the case on the behalf of your petitioner has serious medical emergency and you need to be there.

Someone did expedite from india and approved and has done interview within 1 month after approval of expedite case from nvc.

you need to send email to nvc by expedite email.

Expedite email has specific email

NVCExpedite@state.gov

please double check the email address.

I am not sure email address is right or wrong.

Thanks

Edited by Aquarius1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, gkhntnmz said:

! Nebraska is checking the cases on f2b which got filled on 2015 date! they were at april 2020 latest, how this can be changed, its really sad? now should i wait for five years for just approval?

It doesn’t really make a difference how long you wait for approval as long as it happens before your priority date is current. You can’t get a visa before PD current. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 2/25/2021 at 1:50 AM, gkhntnmz said:

! Nebraska is checking the cases on f2b which got filled on 2015 date! they were at april 2020 latest, how this can be changed, its really sad? now should i wait for five years for just approval?

I noticed this huge change in the Nebraska priority dates as well. My stepson only had 5 more months to go on his priority date 10/18/2020 for his I-130 and then it went from May 2020 to November 2019.  It got pushed back so far it would be quicker to just refile using me instead of my wife as the petitioner.  The PD date change only affected permanent residents petitioning and not American citizens for our under 21 unmarried son. It really dampened our spirits. But then the weirdest thing happened 3 days ago. I got an email and then eventually the i-797 saying his application was approved. We were definitely not expecting that.

Anyway don't give up hope. Something is not quite right about their PD changes.

Edited by Tegeras

12-14-2012 I-130 Submitted
12-17-2012 NOA1
12-21-2012 Touched
03-21-2013 NOA2 (94 days)

05-23-2013 Received at NVC (63 days)

06-10-2013 AoS Invoice Paid

06-12-2013 AoS Delivered

07-03-2013 AoS Approved

06-17-2013 IV Invoice Paid

06-24-2013 IV Delivered

07-17-2013 IV Approved

07-17-2013 NVC Case Complete (54 days)

07-31-2013 Received Interview email (dated 07-30-2013)

09-04-2013 Interview (Approved)

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

https://www.boundless.com/blog/overseas-green-card-backlog-surges/

So many pending interviews at nvc...from 75000 to 473,000.

This is scary, will it mean our interview appointment will take 5 times more time? Will US consulate do something about backlog clearance?

1 hour ago, Waiting_ever said:

This is scary, will it mean our interview appointment will take 5 times more time? Will US consulate do something about backlog clearance?

Yesterday I received an e-mail  from NVC telling me that they know IV been dq'd for the last 60 days and that in the next 120 days they hope to schedule an interview for me. It looks generic as my sister received the same Email. Anyway hopefully this means things are starting to move. 

Timeline
On 3/6/2021 at 10:21 AM, Waiting_ever said:

For 1 year, all the embassies have been closed + immigration ban. Yes all those numbers are immigrant applicant from overseas. 

The real wait will most likely be for people already in the US. They had great movement in the last year, now they have to wait for the overseas applicant to get their visa and then the waiting period to synchronise for everyone. 

So, yes it won't be like usual but the wait will mostly be for onshore applicants than overseas applicants. 

Edited by zaback21

Timeline
On 3/12/2021 at 12:41 PM, Susu24 said:

My priority date is 5th Jan 2016, please am I likely to be scheduled for an interview appointment this year? I noticed that the priority date is still in 2015 and it's not moving. Please advise me

Have you been documentarily qualified by NVC? If so, then yes. 

If not, check if your priority date is over the filling date. If it is, then contact NVC

Timeline
14 hours ago, zaback21 said:

Have you been documentarily qualified by NVC? If so, then yes. 

If not, check if your priority date is over the filling date. If it is, then contact NVC

Yes I have been documentarily qualified by nvc.

I was told that my priority date had to be current for me to be scheduled for an interview appointment.

My PD is in Jan 2016

Right now the visa bulletin is July 2015

I just want to know if I can still be scheduled for an interview this year

Edited by Susu24

On 2/25/2021 at 6:50 AM, gkhntnmz said:

Yes, the same thing happened to me. I was so close and now it changes everything 😓 my lawyer said that it should even out between all the USC offices and hopefully it will. Can’t believe they received cases from different offices and now Nebraska is the one taking the longest lloro F2B category. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This thread has grown very large in size, so it's now closed to further comment.  The continuation thread is here:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/759896-all-f2b-updates-in-this-thread-part-2/

---

Be sure to carry unfinished conversations to the new thread!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.