3,165 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey Folks!

Heard from the NVC just now. Received notification to start paperwork and pay fees, after which they say they will schedule the interview.

Thanks to all for the valuable inputs and loads of luck to all those in line. Puru, maybe you will receive your email soon.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hey Folks!

Heard from the NVC just now. Received notification to start paperwork and pay fees, after which they say they will schedule the interview.

Thanks to all for the valuable inputs and loads of luck to all those in line. Puru, maybe you will receive your email soon.

what is your PD??

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey Folks!

Congrats Chubbs!!

Same happened with me too :D I have already submitted the DS-261 yesterday & gt the submission confirmation page. So I am just waiting for their action on next step on AOS & IV fees invoices.

Finally, after centuries .... its working. Feeling alive!! :D

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congrats Chubbs!! what is your PD???

Same happened with me too :D I have already submitted the DS-261 yesterday & gt the submission confirmation page. So I am just waiting for their action on next step on AOS & IV fees invoices.

Finally, after centuries .... its working. Feeling alive!! :D

what your PD?? Edited by chanhphamvn

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Okey, It looks weird but I have just entered that link.

It showing DS-261 form to fill. It looks very tempting right now to me to get started but they said specifically that Individuals who have been asked by NVC to fill COA or DS-261 will start the application.

Im confused right now, what to do?? If i am not eligible yet then how come their system showing me DS-261, in fact I can fill it right now. Only, one thing stops me that I havnt receive anything from NVC in this regard.

Somebody help

Summary Information

Hi puru444,

Did u get the opt out from f1

The next step in the immigration process is for the applicant to complete form DS-261, Online Choice of Address and Agent. The DS-261 tells the National Visa Center how to contact the applicant during the course of the immigrant visa application process. The applicant may use this form to request that all correspondence concerning the visa application be sent to him/her. The form may also be used to choose an agent to receive correspondence concerning the visa application.

If the applicant chooses an agent, the agent can be the petitioner, a relative, a friend, or a charitable organization, such as a church or other immigrant assistance organization. As mail delivery is often unreliable in many parts of the world, we strongly encourage the appointment of an agent who has an address in the United States.

To begin completing the DS-261, please click the Start Application link below.

It shows this message and there are application links provided to fill DS-261. Whats does it mean??

PD December 6, 2008.

Timeline

Thanks Apple, just got it from my inbox. By the way, where should I check it??

Please provide the link.

puru444, what did u do to get the opt out. Please share it. I would like to know. Thank

PD December 6, 2008.

Timeline

Hey Folks!

Hi chubbs,

Congrats on ur progress . On the ceac website did it say invoiced or not invoiced? thanks

PD December 6, 2008.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey everyone!

Thanks Princess & Puru! Happy for you Puru! Finally i see the smiley... feels on top of the world! Princess I, the petitioner will receive an email from NVC after they check the DS-261 and then I can pay the fees. Because the DS-261 will tell the NVC who among the applicant, petitioner, attorney or agent has to be contacted for the remaining procedures.

Timeline

Hey everyone!

Thanks Princess & Puru! Happy for you Puru! Finally i see the smiley... feels on top of the world! Princess I, the petitioner will receive an email from NVC after they check the DS-261 and then I can pay the fees. Because the DS-261 will tell the NVC who among the applicant, petitioner, attorney or agent has to be contacted for the remaining procedures.

Hi chubbs,

We have paid AOS fees i.e. $120 on wednesday, status shows PAID right now. But, they havnt raised IV fee invoice yet and not activated the next steps to fill out AOS & IV applications forms. What about ur progress??

Timeline

Hey everyone!

Hi chubbs,

We have paid AOS fees i.e. $120 on wednesday, status shows PAID right now. But, they havnt raised IV fee invoice yet and not activated the next steps to fill out AOS & IV applications forms. What about ur progress??

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi chubbs,

Good Going... :thumbs: ...Parallelly check your bank account too whether it has gone through..and practice filling out the stand alone AOS & IV forms before filling out them online...

Good Luck

Edited by Visa Grant

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.