bravebunny13

Loophole for Visiting While I-129f Pending?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline

Full transparency, I am planning to visit my fiancé for long, about 4-5 months as I already have a B1/B2 visa.

I have a full time job right now, and plan to get a letter of employment from my company before I quit, so I can show CBP the letter as proof of ties to my country.

I'm planning to buy a full flex plane ticket which will state that I'll be visiting for 2 weeks (also going to tell CBP officer 2 weeks if they ask duration of stay), but once I've entered, I'm going to refund the return ticket and just get a new one once I'm ready to go back after a few months.

Just wondering if what I plan to do is dangerous in any way? Everything I'm doing is technically legal..

I'm just afraid come time for my actual K1 visa interview, I will be questioned on why I was in the US for so long.... even though there shouldn't be anything wrong with that in the first place since I just want to be with my fiancé.

But will it come off really suspicious to the consular office during my K1 interview?

Would just like to know if that will be affected in any way... any replies and advice will be much appreciated please!!

My fiancé has a stable job so money isn't a cause of concern and I am able to be unemployed btw.. which is why I'm planning to quit my job after I have obtained letter of employment as proof.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, milimelo said:

Wait, you're planning to lie about visiting for only 2 weeks then turn around and stay for 5-6 months, lying that you have a job (which you're going to quit before you depart) and you're wondering what? What could possibly go wrong ... 

Well yes essentially.. As I am from what the US deems as a 3rd world country, if I'm honest about wanting to be with my fiancé for 3 months, I just fear they will outright deny me entry just because of my duration of stay - thus me purchasing a shorter visit ticket, but planning to change it after.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

It seems you are suggesting trying to deceive CBP when you enter by showing them proof of a job you no longer have and showing them a return ticket you plan to change.  This is not a good plan. 

Thank you for your reply. If I may ask, does CBP write/note down our answers to their questions anywhere when they look at their computer screens? As I am mainly worried about whether me being in the US for a long time will affect how my K1 interview goes..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, bravebunny13 said:

Well yes essentially.. As I am from what the US deems as a 3rd world country, if I'm honest about wanting to be with my fiancé for 3 months, I just fear they will outright deny me entry just because of my duration of stay - thus me purchasing a shorter visit ticket, but planning to change it after.

Regardless of your plan, you can only stay for the duration CBP allows.  If an officer sees a return ticket for 2 weeks out, they could authorize your stay for only two weeks.  Also what do you do if CBP sends you to secondary and they want to review your social media posts?  You are not required to offer any information to CBP other than to answer their questions truthfully (purpose of visit along with who you plan to visit are fairly common questions), and you seem to have a plan on an open social media website planning to attempt a deception.  As I mentioned before, not a good plan.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, bravebunny13 said:

Thank you for your reply. If I may ask, does CBP write/note down our answers to their questions anywhere when they look at their computer screens? As I am mainly worried about whether me being in the US for a long time will affect how my K1 interview goes..

I do not know the answer to that question, but if the initial CBP officer thinks they are seeing deception, you may be referred to secondary inspection and be subjected to more detailed questions.  One of the things I see is if you have a two week visit booked, but plan a longer stay, how much luggage will you bring?  These are things a CBP officer may notice.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Don’t do any of this, not a good plan! 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.