visa3310

US citizen to petition for dad and brother to visit for 1 month of stay

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
2 hours ago, visa3310 said:

I see, i thought in some cases i needed to write a letter approving of their visit or something

that is not the case at all?

i know of examples where lets say am graduating from college and i needed them to attend my graduation, then i can write a letter to allow them to come to my graduation

so nothing like that exists?

Please explain why you think you are the one to "approve" their visas?

All B2 visa applications and approvals/denials are handled by the consulate. You don't have a thing to do with any of it.

46 minutes ago, visa3310 said:

that sounds more like tourist visa

you knew no one and yet it is visit visa?

I think you don’t understand that a B visa is a B visa.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

I think you don’t understand that a B visa is a B visa.

Yup. Obviously OP has no clue that a B visa and a tourist visa are one in the same.

44 minutes ago, visa3310 said:

in this case they would not be staying

trust me on that, if i wanted them here in the US i could have applied for them years back
it took this long because they had no interest

to add more my dad is not interested in living here so he wont even get citizenship 

because he will be here for short visits only

brother on the other hand needs this more and no urgency yet

so yeah not everyone is on life and death to move to the US like US is some eutopia

matter of fact, i see migration from US to many countries in the coming years as reality of things here get worse and worse. already happening but in very small numbers compared to what is to come

i can go on and on about how the west is not longer it anymore, and its not just about money/finance or opportunities anymore

so anyways that should help because someone like you will be rejecting ppl wrongly with your thinking if given the job at the consulate to interview ppl

No one here has any stake in your family’s visa applications whatsoever.   They will need to convince the consulate of their strong ties to Nigeria if they want to visit.   There really isn’t anything for you to do, or any way we can help you here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

Visa waiver program/ESTA.

Not ESTA, never had that.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, visa3310 said:

that sounds more like tourist visa

you knew no one and yet it is visit visa?

People can go tourism without knowing anyone in a country 

My husband and I  went in 2020 before the covid to Switzerland and Belgium 

I went alone in 2009 to Peru and to see Machu Picchu

Every tourist has a reason

to see the sights

to see family / friends

I have  a friend that just goes places for photo opps

If your dad wants to come for your graduation he can say so at the interview

What we have noticed in the past is letters of invitation can hurt the person as the B1 tourist is suppose to prove he/she can afford the trip on their own

just let them apply and interview and good luck to them to visit and see u and some of the states here

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cathi said:

Yup. Obviously OP has no clue that a B visa and a tourist visa are one in the same.

yeah,  i was about to quote the definition:

a person who is traveling or visiting a place for pleasure.

Filed: Timeline
3 hours ago, MaxP22 said:

Not interested in living there but you are planning to petition him for an immigrant visa which is for people wanting to make a permanent move to live in the US?

Does that make sense to you?

I think I'll pass on the 'trust me' line of yours.

if he does not live here, will they revoke his permanent residency? 

if he can get that rather than applying for visiting visa all the time, which one will you go for?

exactly

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
21 minutes ago, visa3310 said:

if he does not live here, will they revoke his permanent residency? 

if he can get that rather than applying for visiting visa all the time, which one will you go for?

exactly

If he wants to visit go for a B

If he want to be a Permanent Resident of the US go for a GC

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A parallel thread in the "Bringing Family of USCs" forum has been locked.

The OP is unwilling to accept advice accurately and exhaustively given, so this thread is also locked.

This topic is not to be restarted or revisited.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.