MariaDavisss1344

No welcome letter after 60 days, wedding day approaching

16 posts in this topic

For religious reasons we do need to set a wedding date so we settled on end of October. 129f noa2 May 26th, nvc didn’t get the petition yet per inquiry July 28th. I feel hopeless and don’t know what to do. As a student I can’t afford for everything to be canceled and pushed back. What are my options?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

without knowing what embassy will interview,,  its hard for VJ members to advise on availability to schedule your K1 interview 

u may have to cancel the wedding plans as October is only 2 months away

Unfortunately it looks like you’ll have to cancel or reschedule the wedding. Setting a wedding date is something that is extremely risky to do with K1. Upcoming wedding is not a reason for an expedite. 

3 hours ago, MariaDavisss1344 said:

For religious reasons we do need to set a wedding date so we settled on end of October. 129f noa2 May 26th, nvc didn’t get the petition yet per inquiry July 28th. I feel hopeless and don’t know what to do. As a student I can’t afford for everything to be canceled and pushed back. What are my options?

K-1 was the wrong choice if you needed to make concrete wedding plans, especially if the “religious reasons”  mean the beneficiary is from one of the countries that may come with extended administrative processing post-interview.

8 hours ago, MariaDavisss1344 said:

Is it necessary to have a big religious wedding or is it possible to have a paper marriage and push back the wedding to next year/ a time you can afford the religious wedding? 
Hopefully you receive good news soon… but you might want to give the name of the country the beneficiary will interview in as that can help others inform you of possible scenarios and when the petition will move to the next stage. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to K1 P&P, from NVC~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

10 hours ago, MariaDavisss1344 said:

First, it would be helpful to fill in your timeline so we know which embassy you’re working with, etc.  Secondly, it’s a better idea to plan a wedding when your fiancé has the visa in hand and a flight made.  We didn’t set a date until my fiancé arrived in America.  Also, curious to know the religious reason, if you’re willing to say. 

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Still waiting on welcome letter too, NOA2, May 15.  Inquiry beyond 60 days waiting received this morning said they received it, but they are still waiting data entry.  I don't know what the backlog is, I think I heard 90 days from some one else.  It is endless waiting.  I'm hoping we can get our K1 before the end of the year to help with paying taxes again.

10 minutes ago, 1983Electric said:

Still waiting on welcome letter too, NOA2, May 15.  Inquiry beyond 60 days waiting received this morning said they received it, but they are still waiting data entry.  I don't know what the backlog is, I think I heard 90 days from some one else.  It is endless waiting.  I'm hoping we can get our K1 before the end of the year to help with paying taxes again.

Welcome letter from who?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
20 hours ago, MariaDavisss1344 said:

I am sorry you had to set up a date due to religious reasons. It's hard to predict and I am sure you probably were not expecting a long time for NOA2 and a long time for NVC processing. My NOA2 was on May 12th and I am still hoping for NVC to ship my case to the embassy, I don't even have a case number yet. However – I am still planning to arrive in US in October, so I don't think all is lost for you and I *definitely* would not follow the advice to give up on everything and re-apply for a spousal visa. You might have a really tight timeline and hope you don't lose money on wedding deposits, but consider this a possibility, unfortunately. 

First things first though. What is your embassy? I see NVC didn't receive your petition yet. Did you try emailing NVCResearch@state.gov? They are better at answering that. Your petition should already be there.
You don't get a NVC welcome letter, you get an email from NVC when they ship the case to your embassy, this email has an attachment called K1-FTP.

Filling your VJ timeline would help us understand when can you expect to get the visa in hand. Unfortunately, some embassies take longer than others, so you'd need to re-schedule your wedding or give up on the wedding plans and make new/cheaper ones when you finally get the visa.

Edited by Bh_sarah

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
20 hours ago, MariaDavisss1344 said:

Sadly there's nothing you can do. Can you contact vendors or whoever you're booked with, explain situation and ask if they can do a later date?

Some places are okay to reschedule if you give them plenty of notice and explain. Ours is flexible like this. 

Depending on embassy, you could potentially still make it.

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

4 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

I am sorry you had to set up a date due to religious reasons. It's hard to predict and I am sure you probably were not expecting a long time for NOA2 and a long time for NVC processing. My NOA2 was on May 12th and I am still hoping for NVC to ship my case to the embassy, I don't even have a case number yet. However – I am still planning to arrive in US in October, so I don't think all is lost for you and I *definitely* would not follow the advice to give up on everything and re-apply for a spousal visa. You might have a really tight timeline and hope you don't lose money on wedding deposits, but consider this a possibility, unfortunately. 

First things first though. What is your embassy? I see NVC didn't receive your petition yet. Did you try emailing NVCResearch@state.gov? They are better at answering that. Your petition should already be there.
You don't get a NVC welcome letter, you get an email from NVC when they ship the case to your embassy, this email has an attachment called K1-FTP.

Filling your VJ timeline would help us understand when can you expect to get the visa in hand. Unfortunately, some embassies take longer than others, so you'd need to re-schedule your wedding or give up on the wedding plans and make new/cheaper ones when you finally get the visa.

So true thank you so much! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

K1's do not receive welcome letters from NVC.

NVC will send a letter when they send the case to the embassy/consulate.

• 3 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.