devusr

Yellow Paper given at interview - very disappointed

34 posts in this topic

I'm very disappointed. The CO grilled my wife. We provided lots and lots of evidence for each question. The CO was hellbent on giving a refusal today and was extremely rude (when my wife responded to a question, she asks "wheres the evidence?? wheres the evidence?? wheres the evidence???").

1) She ticked "Other" in the "Financial Sponsorship Responsibilities" and wrote "provide evidence of financial support after marrying". It's not enough that I brought her all the way to Bahamas and spent 3 months together. It's not enough I signed the AOS, put her as the beneficiary on all my accounts.

2) We also need to provide a new Police Clearance report. The Police Clearance application is so badly designed that it only lists until the 2020 which was determined by the address history and didn't include the present address.

It looks like they want me to submit the new Police Report at CEAC and then also drop off the original in an envelope to the embassy.

For the "Financial Sponsorship Responsibilities", do I provide my bank statement, her bank statement, and remittance records through Western Union? Also the receipts that I ordered dinner for her everyday, paid cell phone bills, internet bills, rent etc. I've probably remitted about 30,000-40,000 USD since we got married.

Edited by devusr

BTW, they kept the marriage certificate original and original birth certificate and gave back the passport. The CO said there wont be another interview, just submit the documents following the Yellow Paper directions.

If she got the passport back, how will she get the VISA once we submit the documents and it gets approved????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, devusr said:

She ticked "Other" in the "Financial Sponsorship Responsibilities" and wrote "provide evidence of financial support after marrying". It's not enough that I brought her all the way to Bahamas and spent 3 months together. It's not enough I signed the AOS, put her as the beneficiary on all my accounts.

What did you submit as evidence of your current income?

1 hour ago, carmel34 said:

What did you submit as evidence of your current income?

I-864EZ, 3 Years of Tax Transcripts, 1 year of Pay Stubs, 3 years of W-2s

It seems income wasn't the issue.......the CO wanted evidence I have been supporting my wife since we got married. Basically, they wanted to see me regularly transfer money to my wife as financial support evidence.

I never seen this required from the State.gov requirements....otherwise I would have taken the remittance receipts.

My wife offered to show some receipts of Jewllery I had bought her. She even offered to bring her phone quickly and show the remittance receipts....but the CO did not want to see that, they want us to submit it.

What a waste of peoples valuable time.

Edited by devusr

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Please fill out her home country , consulate and timeline  .. lack of specific info makes it hard  to give accurate answers 

IIRC OP’s partner is from Sri Lanka and they were considering expedite and no vaccines at one time… 

Only case I remember out of Sri Lanka with refusal is this one: 

VISA was (finally) issued for wife but stepsons received DS5535… 

4 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

Could you scan and upload the letter they gave to your wife, removing all identifying details?

I don't want to upload it because it may contain identifying marks. I will type the form below.

It is a yellow paper slip.

U.S. Embassy Colombo, Consular Section

Dear Visa Applicant: Your application has been refused under section 221(g) of the U.S, Immigration and Nationality Act or regulations issued pursant theroto. This is not a permanent refusal; you may present additional information to qualify for the visa. If you wish to re-open your case, please submit the following documents per instructions below.

___ No Further action is currently required on your part. You will be contacted when a final decision has been made or if additional information is required for your case.

_X   Further Consideration will be given to your visa application after we receive the item(s) checked below. The missing document marked below must be scanned into your case. This is done through the "start now" button when you log in to your DS-260 through [CEAC Website Link]. You will require your CLM case number, and your invoice ID provided to you by the National Visa Center. Please ensure you scan the complete document (Front and back if applicable).

Once you have scanned the missing documents in your case, please submit the original documents with a copy of this letter. Instructions on submitting the originals are listed at the bottom.

• Civil Documents
    • ___ Original Birth Certificate
    • ___ Original Death Certificate
    • ___ Original Marriage Certificate
    • ___ Original Divorce Certificate
  • _X_ Police Records:     To cover full period                                                 
  • ___ Medical Records: ______________________________________________
  • ___ Court Records / Military Records; ______________________________
  • ___ Support Documents (bank, job letters, job offer): _______________

•  Financial Documents - (Note: our office does not require to see the original financial documents, originals scanned into the cases are adequate)
    • ____ Affidavit of Support Form (I-864 / I-864A / I-864W / I-864EZ for IV; I-134 for DV)
    • ____ W2 Income Statement for year(s): ___________________________________________
    • ____ IRS Transcripts for year(s): __________________________________________________

Financial Sponsorship Responsibilities: Financial sponsors, joint sponsors, and applicants should be aware of the responsibilities arising from sponsor signing an I-864 and the consequences of a sponsored immigrant's acceptance of federal means tested public benefits. For more information visit [State.gov Website Link]

Submit the following missing documents, these documents need not to be scanned into the case:

• ___ 2 Photographs
  • ___ Passport
  • ___ Evidence of relationship: _____________________________________________________
  • _X_ Other: ___evidence of financial support from 2021 to 2023_____________________

____ Online visa application form: DS-160 (fiance) or DS-260 (all other IV applications) [CEAC website link]

INSTRUCTIONS: Please submit the above-requested information along with a copy of this letter and your passport (unless retained by the embassy) in a sealed envelope to the [US Embassy address] by one of the following methods: in person dropped off at the embassy guard gate, by courier, or by mail.

If you fail to submit the documents [before end of this month / before one year] you may lose your visa number or your case may be administratively closed.

1) For the Police Clearance Certificate, I will get a new one.

• Do I just need to delete the existing Police Certificate in the NVC site and then upload the new one? I will also submit the original in the sealed envelop to the embassy.

2) For the evidence of financial support, I have about 150 remittance receipts totaling over $45,000 USD to her bank account. This includes money for the Bahamas flight tickets and honeymoon but mostly it's for basic necessities like Rent, Phone Bills, Internet, Groceries, Uber Eats, and Gifts for special occasions. Some months, I do 3-4 remittance transfers. We order dinner from outside almost everyday using their version of Uber Eats (called PickMe)....so we got a lot of restaurant delivery receipts.

• I'm planning to show 34 of the remittance receipts that cover every month from 2021 to 2023. The 34 remittance receipts only total about $15,000 USD. I'm also planning to show her bank statement from 2021 to 2023 which show the entire $45,000 USD. The remittance transfers are identified by a special description in her bank statements.
    • I'm assuming I don't need to upload these remittance receipts to the CEAC?
    • I'm assuming I don't need to submit my bank statements? The remittance receipts clearly show it was from me (my name and my address)
    • Should I include receipts of where this money went? The Bank Statement already shows most of it. Should I include Grocery Store Receipts, Phone Bill Receipts etc. The problem is these bills are all paid using her account. I can't pay most of her bills directly because their payment systems are awful and my cards get declined. That's why I need to remittance the moeny.

Edited by devusr

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
12 hours ago, devusr said:

Regarding, cell phone bills etc.....it is all paid using her account. I can't pay it using my account directly because it gets declined. All I do is remittance to her once every 2 weeks or so.

Remittance, never looks good, in anyone's eyes. How did she live, before she meet the rich american ?

On 3/7/2023 at 1:35 PM, Calicolom said:

Remittance, never looks good, in anyone's eyes. How did she live, before she meet the rich american ?

I don't understand. Am I not allowed to treat my wife the way I live? Then this is entirely a [deleted] process proving nothing. If I love her, I must financially support her but if I dare support her too much, it maybe an issue. Just entirely a idiotic process.

There are no algorithms or gubermint [deleted] in the world to prove whether this love is real or not. It's just real stupid that we have all these useless red tape wasting peoples precious time and money for no reason. This is where 1 person who is having a bad day has the power to ruin 2 peoples lives.

This CO rejected almost everyone that day except 1 person. They were the only one working that day.

Edited by Ryan H
Reason for edit: to remove profanity

1 hour ago, Lemonslice said:

Love has nothing to do with it.  No one is there to ruin your lives, if that was the case, no one would ever get approved, and you wouldn't get instructions on what to submit to be approved. 

The instructions from the embassy seem clear, I would follow them, and submit the required documents a soon as you get them.

Yes, I will do ask they requested.

My main focus is on these points:

• I'm assuming I don't need to upload these remittance receipts to the CEAC?
  • I'm assuming I don't need to submit my bank statements? The remittance receipts clearly show it was from me (my name and my address)
  • Should I include receipts of where this money went? The Bank Statement already shows most of it. Should I include Grocery Store Receipts, Phone Bill Receipts etc. The problem is these bills are all paid using her account. I can't pay most of her bills directly because their payment systems are awful and my cards get declined. That's why I need to remittance the money.

Like I said, I remittance a lot of money to her since we first met. That's cause I didn't want her to go in "three wheels" (known as tuk tuk in Sri Lanka, it's a dangerous mode of transportation), I wanted her to eat organic food, I didn't want her to work,  I wanted the best for her. We are on FaceTime 24/7, there is not a moment where we're not on video call with each other for the last 4 years.

Treating your wife the best way possible seems to be a "red flag" now. It's such [deleted].

Edited by TBoneTX
removed prohibited word

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.