devusr

Yellow Paper given at interview - very disappointed

34 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, devusr said:

Yes, I will do ask they requested.

My main focus is on these points:

• I'm assuming I don't need to upload these remittance receipts to the CEAC?
  • I'm assuming I don't need to submit my bank statements? The remittance receipts clearly show it was from me (my name and my address)
  • Should I include receipts of where this money went? The Bank Statement already shows most of it. Should I include Grocery Store Receipts, Phone Bill Receipts etc. The problem is these bills are all paid using her account. I can't pay most of her bills directly because their payment systems are awful and my cards get declined. That's why I need to remittance the money.

Like I said, I remittance a lot of money to her since we first met. That's cause I didn't want her to go in "three wheels" (known as tuk tuk in Sri Lanka, it's a dangerous mode of transportation), I wanted her to eat organic food, I didn't want her to work,  I wanted the best for her. We are on FaceTime 24/7, there is not a moment where we're not on video call with each other for the last 4 years.

Treating your wife the best way possible seems to be a "red flag" now. It's such [deleted].

Breathe.  People live all kinds of relationships, and do get approved. 

Now, I'm unclear about what you want to send (you're writing "I'm assuming", and I'm not sure if you will/will not include those)

I suggest you write down a list of exactly which documents you plan to upload, and some expert members will be able to provide guidance.  

Edited by TBoneTX
removed prohibited word from quote

13 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

Breathe.  People live all kinds of relationships, and do get approved. 

Now, I'm unclear about what you want to send (you're writing "I'm assuming", and I'm not sure if you will/will not include those)

I suggest you write down a list of exactly which documents you plan to upload, and some expert members will be able to provide guidance.  

I planned to upload these documents:

• Remitly remittance transcript from 01/2021 to 03/2023 totaling about $15,000 USD. This will show my (name, address) transferring to my wife (name, bank name)
  • My wife's bank account continuous statement (1 statement) detailing all the activities from 2021 to  2023. We got married 04/01/2021 but we also include the bank account activities from 01/2021.
  • Various Grocery Bills. Not sure if this is a good idea....the receipts are in her father's name but paid from her bank account. I was the one who did the order, I put her father's name on the order because the address is hard to find (there are 6 streets with the same name).
  • Cell Phone and Internal Bills. Not sure if this is a good idea, again the receipts are in her father's name but paid from her bank account.
  • Rent, Water, Electricity payments. Not sure if this is a good idea, again the receipts are in her father's name but paid from her bank account.

I cannot use my debit or credit card, it would be declined because of the "awful" implementation of their payment system.

13 hours ago, devusr said:

BTW, they kept the marriage certificate original and original birth certificate and gave back the passport. The CO said there wont be another interview, just submit the documents following the Yellow Paper directions.

If she got the passport back, how will she get the VISA once we submit the documents and it gets approved????

If they decide to issue the visa, they’ll ask for the passport back.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

devusr, of course you're upset, but please avoid using bad language in your posts.  Four instances (2 in posts, 2 in quotes) have been removed.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

28 minutes ago, devusr said:

planned to upload these documents:

• Remitly remittance transcript from 01/2021 to 03/2023 totaling about $15,000 USD. This will show my (name, address) transferring to my wife (name, bank name)
  • My wife's bank account continuous statement (1 statement) detailing all the activities from 2021 to  2023. We got married 04/01/2021 but we also include the bank account activities from 01/2021.
  • Various Grocery Bills. Not sure if this is a good idea....the receipts are in her father's name but paid from her bank account. I was the one who did the order, I put her father's name on the order because the address is hard to find (there are 6 streets with the same name).
  • Cell Phone and Internal Bills. Not sure if this is a good idea, again the receipts are in her father's name but paid from her bank account.
  • Rent, Water, Electricity payments. Not sure if this is a good idea, again the receipts are in her father's name but paid from her bank account.

I cannot use my debit or credit card, it would be declined because of the "awful"

Your list is excellent. Do make it a point to draft a strong letter response pointing out the marital bonafides you had already submitted ( your travel, time together…effectively do a numbered list of the very extensive list on record , the updated items she carried to the interview) and the odd/ unusual and seemingly arbitrary Refusal on the basis of needing to show “more “ of what was already documented.

Feel free to state you have the means, the  right and inclination to support your wife as lavishly as your heart sees fit and have exercised that choice . ..

Ask your wife if she recalls any other questions during the interview and providen answers or additional details in your letter.

How do I resubmit the new Police Clearance Certificate? The 221g form states that I must upload it by clicking "start now" in the DS-260.

My DS-260 shows "ACCEPTED" for Civil Documents. If click the "ACCEPTED" link, it goes to the Civil Documents Page. How do I remove the previous Police Clearance Certificate? There is no delete button. Do I click the "Submit Documents" button?

I do see another section under Civil Documents called "Optimal Documents". The description on that page for that section states "Your country of origin and/or the US Embassy you are visiting may require that you upload additional documents for review. If additional documents are required, please upload them by clicking the"Add a Document" link.

I guess I have to upload it in the "Additional Documents"?? What happens to the existing Police Certificate that is already uploaded?

6 hours ago, devusr said:

I guess I have to upload it in the "Additional Documents"?? What happens to the existing Police Certificate that is already uploaded?

Focus on uploading all requested items just as you deciphered. The previously uploaded items were reviewed and you leave them alone.

They will review your new uploads .

On 3/8/2023 at 7:12 AM, devusr said:

How do I resubmit the new Police Clearance Certificate? The 221g form states that I must upload it by clicking "start now" in the DS-260.

My DS-260 shows "ACCEPTED" for Civil Documents. If click the "ACCEPTED" link, it goes to the Civil Documents Page. How do I remove the previous Police Clearance Certificate? There is no delete button. Do I click the "Submit Documents" button?

I do see another section under Civil Documents called "Optimal Documents". The description on that page for that section states "Your country of origin and/or the US Embassy you are visiting may require that you upload additional documents for review. If additional documents are required, please upload them by clicking the"Add a Document" link.

Please let us know when everything is accepted.  Also, would be very useful for others if you could update your timeline.  Best of luck!

23 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

Please let us know when everything is accepted.  Also, would be very useful for others if you could update your timeline.  Best of luck!

Will do.

I have another question. For the "financial support since marriage" evidence they are requesting, is it better to give only the remittance receipts of the money I sent to her each month OR should I include her bank account statements since marriage that shows her actually receiving the remittance?

In the remittance receipts, it shows my name and address and it shows her name, address, and bank institution name.

2 minutes ago, devusr said:

Will do.

I have another question. For the "financial support since marriage" evidence they are requesting, is it better to give only the remittance receipts of the money I sent to her each month OR should I include her bank account statements since marriage that shows her actually receiving the remittance?

In the remittance receipts, it shows my name and address and it shows her name, address, and bank institution name.

A well organized everything you have might be best.

~~ Duplicate thread removed, please do not start multiple threads pertaining to same or similar topics (post interview yellow slip/AP) as that’s considered spamming ~~

9 minutes ago, devusr said:

During my wife's interview last week, she received a Yellow 221g form. It requested 1 additional document upload to NVC (New Police Certificate) and 2 documents (New Police Report and Bank Statements) dropped off at the embassy. We finally did the upload to NVC and dropped off the package at the embassy yesterday (precisely 1 week after the interview).

My question is, currently, it shows the status as REFUSED and the last case update status date is the interview date. When will the status change to Administrative processing? Our embassy does not have a backlog.

Refused also means administrative processing. There’s no way to predict how long it’ll take, there’s no standard timeline, it’s different for everyone.

• 5 weeks later...

*** Removed related thread in a different sub-forum.  Please post your related questions/updates in this thread to keep the discussion in one place. ***

28 minutes ago, devusr said:

After the CR1 interview, the CO said to upload a new Police Certificate to NVC (the one I had was missing an Year). I uploaded it as an Additional Document because it won't let me delete the previously uploaded one (there is no delete button).

The status of the additional document that was submitted is "Submitted". Does it need to be approved by NVC or can the CO officer see it?

NVC will not care anymore after visa interview.  No need to delete existing documents on CEAC.  Just need to upload the new one requested by the consulate.  The CO will have access to it.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 3/11/2023 at 2:24 AM, devusr said:

Will do.

Any new update about your case? I'm from srilanka too

Timeline
21 minutes ago, devusr said:

Zero updates. What stage of the process are you in?

I'm waiting for issue status :( my current ceac status is "Ready " don't no what does it mean.  No call ,email from embassy I'm waiting since April 11th 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.