wedidit101

US Embassy Won't Give me My Passport Back (it's been 10months NOW)) (Merged Follow up)

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello Vj Family, I need Help Because what's hapenning to me is insane. Did the us embassy lost my passport or what? 

Short Background Story: In May 2022 I had my k1 visa interview in the us embassy in Algeria, the CO didn't say if he approved me or not, handed me a 221 g blue slip took my passport and he said they will contact me! 10 months later no email nothing. the ceac website says the case is refused and in the uscis website it says that the case was sent back to the usa by the embassy. Now I believe I was denied the visa. SUCKS BUT I ACCEPT THAT 

HOWEVER They didn't send my passport back even though  I reached out  to them multiple times but they didn't respond at all. nothing. 

I wan't to meet my fiance and possibally go get married in Turkey. but they still have my passport. I don't know what to do. any insights please?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

You cannot do anything from what I read from other people’s experience.

I think you just have to stay calm and hope the administrative processing will end soon.

have they asked you for extra supporting documents for your case? Did you send them?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, MMDG said:

You cannot do anything from what I read from other people’s experience.

I think you just have to stay calm and hope the administrative processing will end soon.

have they asked you for extra supporting documents for your case? Did you send them?

My case is sent back to uscis already. I made this post because they wont respond to my emails regarding where my Passport is. And I need it asap. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Can't you report the passport as stolen to the police and get anew one ? It looks like the embassy lost your passport. At this point I guess your only option is to marry in Turkey. Maybe your fiance can FOIA them to get more info as to why your denied and what really happened to your passport.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, biscoito1r said:

Can't you report the passport as stolen to the police and get anew one ? It looks like the embassy lost your passport. At this point I guess your only option is to marry in Turkey. Maybe your fiance can FOIA them to get more info as to why your denied and what really happened to your passport.

I need My passport because I have visa stamps on it.

and at least why they don't get back and tell me that they lost it?  this is very unprofessional of them and makes me mad!! 

Timeline
1 minute ago, wedidit101 said:

and at least why they don't get back and tell me that they lost it?  this is very unprofessional of them and makes me mad!! 

plus the police will ask how it got stolen and when and a lot of other questions. and i'm not going to lie. it could get me in even bigger problems. 

Edited by wedidit101

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
11 minutes ago, wedidit101 said:

I agree, but they have diplomatic immunity.

10 minutes ago, wedidit101 said:

plus the police will ask how it got stolen and when and a lot of other questions. and i'm not going to lie. it could get me in even bigger problems. 

I guess you're between a rock and a hard place.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Pull up the following site

https://register.state.gov/contactus/ContactUsForm

and report this issue to DOS

Don't show anger just state that u need your passport

BIG BUT  USCIS does not have control so not sure why it would say they returned the case

REFUSED does not mean refused / it means the case is going thru additional security checks 

only the word denied on CEAC site means "u will not get K1 visa"

so,  its not denied and not approved at this point/case is in limbo

And with the earthquake and possibility of more strong aftershocks,  US is warning us to not travel to Turkey plus the major airline,  Turkish Airlines,  still cancels many flights  AND  USC needs E visa to travel there and in lieu of earthquakes they may not issue this visa

Timeline

The site to check your visa status now is the following 

change it to IV in the 1st box 

and put in your info

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=NIV

then if it says denied ,   use the DOS site to send the message about wanting your passport back

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, wedidit101 said:

My case is sent back to uscis already. I made this post because they wont respond to my emails regarding where my Passport is. And I need it asap. 

I guess it wouldn't hurt to find your Federal Senator from your State and let his/her office know about it.  Sometimes they do good,.

Timeline
4 hours ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Have the USC petitioner send the emails to the embassy, and also tey to call.  

yes, No Response!!

2 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

The site to check your visa status now is the following 

change it to IV in the 1st box 

and put in your info

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=NIV

then if it says denied ,   use the DOS site to send the message about wanting your passport back

it says refused. Not Denied

Timeline
1 hour ago, wedidit101 said:

yes, No Response!!

it says refused. Not Denied

then u are just in AP and need to wait it out till u know what the embassy decides

Timeline
8 hours ago, throwitaway said:

You’re not getting a reply from 

IV-DVAlgiers@state.gov 

or

AlgiersNIV@state.gov ?

Also, under your refused status, what does the text say? 

I'm not getting a reply from AlgiersNIV@state.gov 

under your refused status,  the text say: 

A U.S. consular officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete. Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the website for the Embassy or Consulate at which you made your visa application.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.